• RideZeLitenin - August 1, 2011 3:55 p.m.

Conduit 2 wasn't that bad, really
  • rockbottom - July 31, 2011 6:29 p.m.

How long ago was Deadly Creatures released? That's the last time I played a Wii game and actually thought the motion control and nunchuck were the best way to play it. On every single other game the fucking ridiculous arm-waving just spoils it and makes you want to quit.
  • jmcgrotty - July 31, 2011 8:26 a.m.

Lots of fun comments... TheDigitalG said that this is all pointless and that Nintendo will still exist in 100 years. No one is doubting that is possible. They just won't be releasing hardware in 100 years. Or 10 years. Or 5 years. Well, you get the idea. Tikicobra, you mention that it is stupid to base an article around Metacritic results. Well, in this case, it's very relevant, because it shows that, generally speaking, people are not happy with the latest games. What would be a better way to judge? Sales? Well, it is doing dismally that way as well. Shawksta said "Also why are people acting as if were supposed to play only new games?we still have games to play." The problem with this is that this actually proves even more so that they are in trouble. Nintendo is a business. If they don't get sales, they quit being successful. People playing old games rather than buy new ones only exacerbate the problem, from Nintendos view. Garnsr, technically speaking, the Revolution came out 6 days after the Playstation 3 (in the U.S.). So, the gap wasn't big enough to matter.
  • Mack7763 - July 31, 2011 4:54 a.m.

The only legit Wii game I've bought this entire year is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and that came out years ago!
  • IcePotato - July 31, 2011 2:37 a.m.

Last new Wii game i bought was No More Heroes 2. That came out like 18 months ago. I did pick up ToS2 a few months ago....
  • philipshaw - July 30, 2011 11:08 a.m.

The Wii is dead and has been for a long time
  • Soloman - July 30, 2011 5:11 a.m.

Aaaand four of Nintendo's best games this year have been shot down by the giant themselves. Nintendo digs its own grave.
  • Ninja20 - July 30, 2011 4:06 a.m.

sonic colours was the last game i bought for wii. im looking forward to skyward sword and kirby. but in the meant OoT and brawl will keep me happy
  • bmrskate - July 30, 2011 2:12 a.m.

Kirby's Return To Dreamland. BRING - IT - OOON!! ReCAPTCHA: Gottlieb. nyldera....I LOVE pinball!
  • IceHawk79 - July 29, 2011 11:22 p.m.

I havent bought a Wii game in almost 2 yrs now. As much as I love Nintendo. I think Im gonna stick to what I currently own and my PC.
  • TheDigitalG - July 29, 2011 9:38 p.m.

@d0x a little off topic, but if I played every good game I own on the Gamecube straight, it'd last at least a full year. The Gamecube is the best console I own, and I own a lot of consoles.
  • d0x - July 29, 2011 9:35 p.m.

The Wii never had a deluge of good games. Its library of good games is probably on par with the gamecube which wasnt so hot either. The only reason the Wii made any money was because there was exactly 23 billion crap games that parents bought their kids. So while Nintendo's goal of getting more casual players to buy their stuff has worked those same people bought mostly junk games and have now been turned off to gaming probably forever.
  • Darkhawk - July 29, 2011 9:02 p.m.

The sad irony is your link to "12 upcoming games" features a bunch of cancelled-in-NA titles.
  • RedOutlive10 - July 29, 2011 7:28 p.m.

The Wii failed. It stopped making money as soon as the sales dwindled, and the amount of third party titles for it are laughable, plus they don't sell as much as the monsters like Call of Duty. Can you imagine how MS/Sony must jerk off in a daily basis to the royalties from the CoD franchise? Let alone other successful titles. But I doubt N is in trouble, they always have a hidden card ready to save the day. Let's not forget Nintendo was behind the home consoles in the last generations for a while and they're still going.
  • Aletheon - July 29, 2011 7:27 p.m.

I haven't bought anything for the 360 for 2 years. I get it on the PS3 or Wii. The only game that will be worth buying on the 360 is Gears 3.... you never hear about the Microsoft drought. Gamers today are MORONS.
  • ViolentLee - July 29, 2011 7:02 p.m.

I just picked up GoldenEye for $10 at GameStop (new, screw used). I still occasionally play Kirby Epic Yarn, and intend to crack the seal on my copies of Donkey Kong Country and Epic Mickey. After a trip to my in-laws, my wife wants to buy Just Dance 2 and I'm looking at purchasing the stunningly-good Speed Racer.
  • Nap1400 - July 29, 2011 7 p.m.

This is part of the reason I like holding off on certain series of Nintendo's. Whenever there's a drought like this, I find whatever Triple A titles I missed and go get them so I'm not affected by times like this. I can play games like the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Chrono Trigger and not be bored, unlike other people here. Still sucks, though. At least I have Skyward Sword and Kirby Wii to look forward to.
  • garnsr - July 29, 2011 6:59 p.m.

Didn't the Wii come out after the PS3? I can't believe the last system to release is the first to crap out, and with fairly few worthwhile games in its lifespan. And even if the PS3 were to be superseded by a new PS soon, based on past Sony systems there would still be decent games coming for a couple of years for the PS3. How has Nintendo gotten to the point where they completely dump systems before they really wind down?
  • Bodzilla - July 29, 2011 6:24 p.m.

The thing that Nintendo forgot when courting 'casual' gamers, is that they are just that, casual. They don't look for the latest releases, read dedicated magazines or even browse gamesradar.com. They're a fickle bunch who hop on a bandwagon when it's hot and forget about if there's no publicity surrounding it anymore. The Wii sold well because of the buzz surrounding it rather than being a good console. They then sold shovelware by the bucketload because casual gamers will go for that kind of thing, whereas hardcore gamers are more discerning. The upshot is that the buzz has gone and without decent third party games or a reliable stream of first party titles the hardcore market has long since dismissed the Wii as a toy that grandmothers can play with their grandkids. Which means whatever triple AAA titles may come out in the future will hardly make a dent in Nintendo's current financial hardships. Hopefully Nintendo will learn a lesson for the future although I doubt it as the lack of good third party support has plagued them since the days of the N64 and shows no signs of being remedied any time soon.
  • RedHarlow - July 29, 2011 6:23 p.m.

Needs more shovelware!