Treyarch has released the launch trailer for the fourth and final Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 DLC drop, Apocalypse. Priced at 1200 Microsoft Points and set for release on Xbox 360 today, the add-on pack offers two new multiplayer maps, two “reimagined fan-favourite” ones from older titles in the series, plus a fresh Zombies level called Origins; full details are posted below.
Apocalypse should arrive on PS3 and PC in about a month, giving series fans a good five weeks to play the game’s last DLC before this year’s franchise entry, the cross-generational Call of Duty: Ghosts, launches on November 5. Ghosts developer Infinity Ward took the wraps off the upcoming game’s multiplayer component earlier this month - get all the juicy details here.
New maps and Zombies level:
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of “Stadium” from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on “Takeoff.” Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favourite “Courtyard” from Call of Duty: World at War, where two archaeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of “Courtyard” with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
- Origins: Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location. Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious ‘Element 115’, this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga's origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups — and that's just the start. Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination. In this stylized undead adventure, they'll need every advantage if they have any hope of surviving one of Treyarch's deepest Zombies experiences to date.