• JMarsella09 - April 3, 2013 2:46 p.m.

One small thing, I could be wrong but I thought that before Lady Comstock was killed, Daisy was just a normal servant of the house. She was simply the first to discover the murder and thus became the scapegoat. Then, because she was on the run and exposed to the wrongdoings of Columbia, she decided to start the Vox.
  • Darth Olds - April 3, 2013 2:36 p.m.

At some point during my first play through of the game I couldn't help but shake the feeling that the Songbird and Booker are related. It has been posited on other forums that the Lutece twins had attempted to stop Comstock before with other versions of Booker. There is also the dimension where Booker is a martyr to the Vox Popili cause. I think that the Songbird is one of these other Booker's who was made into the Songbird using a technique similar to that which made the Big Daddies. Thus Booker/Songbird knows Elizabeth is his daughter Anna and is doing everything he can to protect her from danger. His fatherly love could have been warped by the process to make him the Songbird. It also could explain the connection between Elizabeth and the Songbird as it is a "father" and "daughter" relationship. I was waiting for that to be revealed in the game, as it wasn't it is just my theory for now.
  • runner - April 3, 2013 3:12 p.m.

Awesome. I also somehow have a guts feeling that Booker and Songbird was related but couldn't come up with any theory.
  • avantguardian - April 3, 2013 9:04 p.m.

dlc bro. dlc.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 3, 2013 2:26 p.m.

I read something similar on a blog yesterday which pretty much covers the same theory on the ending. This was a bit easier to digest though. One image I found useful was this - http://i.imgur.com/MaHNjLo.jpg in terms of getting to grips with the game's multiple parallel timelines. As for the Songbird, I'm quite happy not really knowing where it came from. Monsters are much scarier when they remain a mystery. That said, the Big Daddy theory mentioned in the article is fine with me. I'd like to think they exist because of each other in a loop - The Songbird being created after a tear shows Lutece the Big Daddy technology, while the Big Daddy exists because of The Songbird blueprint which would have been created first chronologically.
  • JMarsella09 - April 3, 2013 2:25 p.m.

I loved the Lutece Twins. Every scene with them widened my mind and made me smile.
  • avantguardian - April 3, 2013 9:19 p.m.

they were my favorites. the moment they pop up in the bar to give you your shield, and every subsequent time had me questioning the reality of everything going on. quite a brilliant way to create a pervasive sense of tension.
  • ssj4raditz - April 3, 2013 2:20 p.m.

GAH! My brain!
  • Errrrbo - April 3, 2013 2:02 p.m.

Excellent article. This makes me appreciate the ending a lot more.
  • zakalwe - April 3, 2013 1:16 p.m.

"They are the same person, and only one “version” of Anna/Elizabeth ever existed." Not true, there are many version of Anna/Liz. We see some of them at the end of the game. These Elizabeths all used to be Anna. Unless you meant something else.... - Anyway, here's a more detailed version of the end I believe to be true: Liz folds time space so all realities where the baptism took place converge. She lets the choices play out: accept or reject. The reject timeline is seen first, it plays out and is left to continue. The accept timeline is next. As all realities where the accept event occurred are now in one place, so are all Bookers. She takes hold of Booker (effectively grabbing all those Bookers who accepted the baptism), and forces him (them) under the water to drown which eliminates choice entirely and kills the Comstock timeline. As our Booker didn't exist in this timeline, as Comstock was never there to disrupt him, he is returned to the point just before Comstock entered his life. Liz must be alive. If she blinks out of existence like she never existed as the other Liz's do, then she was never there to end the Comstock line, which would cause a paradox. This paradox doesn't exist as the game tells us the game's timeline is the one that finally ended the Comstock line permanently. If Comstock is gone forever, Liz [i]must[/i]t be alive. "Our" Liz is the only one who reached her full potential and was able to transcend space time. This is why only she was able to finally end the Comstock line. Everything was just right for this to occur. A by-product of this is that "our" Booker retains all memory of the event, which is shown by his confused state in the epilogue. He cannot believe where he is, and then realises and rushes to be with his daughter.
  • michaelkaramas - April 3, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Zakalwe- I think your details are perfect. They were saying something similar but left out a big chunk of detail.
  • avantguardian - April 3, 2013 9:34 p.m.

nicely articulated summary, kudos. this idea of convergence is a big one, and it's kind of surprising that the concept doesn't really get explained in the game, as it serves to make quite a bit of sense out of an otherwise somewhat obtuse ending (i know liz tries to explain her 'omnipotence' but there's so much being thrown at you in the last hour that i'm sure a lot falls through the cracks). but i guess they wanted us to be talking about/debating the finer points for days/years, like many 'magnum opus' pieces of art or literature. any clear cut explanations could easily undermine it. your line of: 'the end i believe to be true' reinforces this. maybe there was more information about the concept if you dig deeper into the game, but i'm pretty sure i read almost all of the kinetoscopes (sic).