• Jrymanz - April 19, 2012 1:06 p.m.

I think Breakdown and Phantom Dust were awesome games. Not many people seem to have played or heard of them though. =\
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - April 19, 2012 2:32 p.m.

So many games that need sequels. And some that I know will never get them. *Sniff* Goodbye, Bizarre. You were too good for this world.
  • winner2 - April 19, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Glad to see psychonauts and kotor, especially psychonauts. That game was hilarious
  • forestfire55 - April 19, 2012 4:43 p.m.

Yes, kotor gets its respect!
  • forestfire55 - April 19, 2012 4:46 p.m.

Republic comando should be here definitely, other than that i dont get how halo 1 and 2 are both on this list and take the number 1 and 2 spot...
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 19, 2012 7:06 p.m.

Halo 1 and 2 are the best games on Xbox, that's why. Halo 2 is one of my favorite games ever, glad to see it at number 1. San Andreas best GTA game ever, in my opinion. I think that Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was better than Pandora, however.
  • forestfire55 - April 20, 2012 5:52 p.m.

I agree with everything you said, everything, but i think halo 1 and two are too similar to have them both on the list, let alone right smack dab next to eachother
  • slimjim441 - April 19, 2012 10:11 p.m.

I like how 90% of the list (don't quote me on that, I'm obviously exaggerating, even if only slightly) is multi-platform games since Xbox has no exclusives besides Halo, Fable, and Forza. And Halo: Combat Evolved was way better than 2. The only thing it added was much improved multi-player.
  • mothbanquet - April 20, 2012 6:24 a.m.

From my experience with games like Max Payne, GTA, BiA and SW:BF the Xbox version was often the definitive version of the title, with vastly superior textures, effects, framerate and use of the hard drive. Either that or they really couldn't find any worthy exclusives though I could name a few that deserved to be on the list regardless of exclusivity...
  • BladedFalcon - April 20, 2012 7:08 a.m.

I'd like to point out that the graphical difference never really was THAT high to make it a huge difference either way. Specially since content-wise and gameplay-wise, all those games were exactly the same. So while they probably performed and looked a tad better in the Xbox, it never was enough to properly discount the PS2 or GC versions of the games.
  • slimjim441 - April 20, 2012 3:14 p.m.

I'd also like to point out that SW:BF was by far at its best on PC. And if I remember right, PS2 had way better visuals than the Xbox, especially at the end of the gen. Just look at MGS3; it's almost HD quality.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 21, 2012 12:10 a.m.

The PC version of just about every game last gen was better. And you're remembering wrong, the PS2 was the weakest game graphically of the last gen. Remember Resident Evil 4 PS2 vs Gamecube.
  • mothbanquet - April 21, 2012 4:35 a.m.

MGS3 was impressive for the hardware but it was still using all the same tricks and traps graphically as MGS2, only applied to a larger scale, whereas Halo 2 and Butcher Bay's graphics actually WERE next-gen, or at least the beginnings of it. It's a simple fact that the Xbox was a higher-spec machine and in quite a few cases it showed on multi-platform releases, which was I generally stuck to exclusives for my PS2 like the FF's MGS', etc. Also, no point in mentioning the PC - as Mr Cooper states, it's generally superior to any of its contemporaries anyway.
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 5:34 a.m.

Again, I do not disagree with the fact that the xBox had better graphical power... But Halo 2? Being a showcase of graphical splendor and it's graphics being almost next gen? Nope, disagree there completely. I'm not going to go into the technical aspects simply cause I don't give a shit about that. But even back when it was released, Halo 2 never really blew anyone away with it's graphics. The game looked solid, but it was far from being a striking, or beautiful game. Though I realize mt last paragraph delves into a more subjective territory. For me there's more than just raw graphical power to make a game stand out or look beautiful. many PS2 games have have used tricks and traps and weren't technically as impressive as they some xBox games were, yet their presentation honestly blew me away more than any xBox game. Mainly, I'm talking about Shadow of the Colossus and Okami. I just think that sometimes, a clever art design can make the game shine far more than horsepower can. A painfully clear example of this currently is Journey: A game which is downloadable, and when you analyze it, it's models and bacground are fairly simple in terms of polygons, but nevertheless the game looks striking, beautiful, and to me it left more of an impression that a good chunk of full disc, "realistic looking" games or shooters for the PS3 or 360.
  • mothbanquet - April 21, 2012 6:28 a.m.

Can't argue with you there. In any case, I was only stabbing at reasons for there being so many multiplatforms on there but then I read the PS2 article and saw it was the same kinda deal there so...meh.
  • snipes101 - April 20, 2012 12:27 p.m.

The Xbox had the upper hand where pretty much any Tom Clancy title was concerned. Tom Clancy shooters ruled the last generation.
  • SketchLemon - April 20, 2012 midnight

Oh KotOR. How you made this asshole 12 year old care about someone as mega waddy as Carth Onasi I'll never really know.
  • SketchLemon - April 20, 2012 12:02 a.m.

• forestfire55 - April 20, 2012 5:54 p.m.

Same here, minus the 12 yr old part...
  • killa34boy - April 20, 2012 6:14 a.m.

i like cheez