Topics

360 deals top 10

• Fuzunga - October 4, 2012 3:19 p.m.

I'm glad to see the best Gears game on this list.
  • Eggman - October 4, 2012 3:45 p.m.

Im fortunate to own an xbox, ps3 and wii and so am no fanboy,but i dont understand how people can say there are no xbox console exclusives. The likes of Halo,gears of war, project gotham, fable,crackdrown,forza, kameo,left for dead,mass effect(1),banjo kazooe,DOA(4),splinter cell conviction,perfect dark ,blue dragon,the kinnect games, and the tonnes on xbla...i have loved plenty of exclusives in the ps3/wii too, but thats not a bad line up lets be honest! If i was doing a ps3 list it would probably be more or less the same, with halo and gears changed for uncharted 2 and MGS 4
  • laurenhiya21 - October 4, 2012 5:02 p.m.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more exclusives on the PS3 than the Xbob360? (I really don't know tbh) I don't really know either console that well, but most of these I know are on other consoles, and when I hear of games exclusive to one console, it's usually a Ps3 or Wii game...
  • ObliqueZombie - October 4, 2012 5:21 p.m.

Not going to lie, GR, shabby list. A lot of those games--save for the great titles of Gears of War and Halo--were multiplatform titles. Hell, some of them ran BETTER on the other platforms (PC). As for adding to the list, I have no idea. I'd have to do some research, but Tales of Vesparia comes to mind.
  • zombi3grim - October 4, 2012 5:28 p.m.

Oh god, here go the dumbasses again with the "it has to be an exclusive to be on a best games EVAR list!" lmao, I said it once, I'll say it again. No, it does NOT have to be exclusive. It has to be AVAILABLE for that platform. If MW3 is one of the best games you can get for the 360, put it on the damn list! Regardless if its also available for the PS3, its not a "best exclusive list" its a "best GAME list." Games. Period. All of them. Exclusive or not.
  • LordEvan88 - October 4, 2012 5:45 p.m.

I think this article really says more about the industry than it does about the 360. And I imagine a PS3 list would be pretty darn similar, and I say this as kind of Sony fanboy. There just aren't many exclusives left period. I mean, I disagree with the list just because its pretty generic. Yeah, Fallout 3 was a good game but I felt New Vegas topped it in just about every way. I feel like Mass Effect 2 threw out most of what made the first one good. Just seems like the entire list is a bland collection of shooters. Once again, says more about the industry than the console itself, which is the most solid this generation, even if it's not my personal favorite.
  • TheToastedToasters - October 4, 2012 6:24 p.m.

Well first off, SSFIV and Batman aren't shooters at all. I always find it strange that people like new vegas better, it really is another company copying bethesda's winning formula, Despite that obsidian made the originals. I also think has a lot more heart in the story and charracters, I have trouble naming most NV-ites but faux moria brown and three-dawg(AAAAWWWWWWOOO) will probably stay in my mind for a while for better or worse. Regardless they're both great games, but it still goes back to the "We'll remember goldeneye over perfect dark because it dared to innovate rather than use a winning formula. I guess I'd just like to think I have more faith in developers, but I also think you should keep an open mind to some of these games, after all ME2 got rid of elevator load times so-.
  • LordEvan88 - October 4, 2012 6:43 p.m.

Yeah, ME2 also got rid of exploration, which was my favorite part of Mass Effect. New Vegas was just a universe that made more sense. It doesn't have a city that people decided to build around an active nuclear device, while leaving most standing structures abandoned. Or a complete lack of civilization in spite of most vaults being open for centuries. The Enclave were cartoon evil and the Brotherhood were cartoon good. Most of the characters were pretty bland and had no personality beyond a single trait which was shoved at you repeatedly. I mean, Three Dog is excitable and a 'good guy' but does not really do anything beyond that. Moira Brown is crazy but there is literally nothing else to her. Just my opinion, mind you. But Fallout 3 seemed to crap on the concepts of the original Fallouts.
  • TheToastedToasters - October 4, 2012 6:18 p.m.

Bear in mind all of you bioshock released a ways later via ps3, so it really is an xbox game just as a genesis game is still a genesis game if it gets put on virtual console ect. I think this is a decent list my highlights being RDR SSFIV and Bioshock, and anyone that dissagrees doesn't have to agree with it, I don't agree with all of it either. However I think Bioshock is an amazing game that set the standard for this console generation and really gave me a whole new look on games in general. These comments also show that we need to work on respecting what came before e.g. There might be better games than some of these, but when we look back these are some of the most defining games kinda like how when we think of golden eye on n64 despite that perfect dark is technically better. Anyway, good job GR staff and don't let angry commenters get you down.
  • db1331 - October 5, 2012 5:38 a.m.

BioShock is a PC game.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 5, 2012 6:14 a.m.

BioShock was a PC game. And it allowed for maximum graphics with maximum FPS, instead of switching to either/or in the options.
  • Killshot - October 4, 2012 7:21 p.m.

Good list and I like the links, but except for halo 3 and gears you could have said best multiplatform console games of this generation and then you could have slapped on MvC3/UMvC3 and borderlands to get back to ten. Why didn't SSF 4 AE edition replace SSF 4 its literally the same game with 4 extra DLC characters.
  • dwaynefortman - January 8, 2013 12:12 a.m.

Halo is NOT multi-platform you moron
  • Triscuitable - March 3, 2014 3:24 p.m.

Hey, hey, cut down on the venom. Halo and Halo 2 were also on PC.
  • Triscuitable - March 3, 2014 3:24 p.m.

SSF4AE isn't "literally the same game with 4 extra DLC characters". It's got a lot going on under the hood that casual players would not bother with.
  • Bionichute - October 4, 2012 10:51 p.m.

I would like to note that only two of the games on this list are Xbox 360 exclusives.
  • lazer59882 - October 5, 2012 2:14 a.m.

note to GR - you guys should delete old comments when you re-post old articles. some of the comments are really out of date, and when you re-post these old articles, new readers think they're new, and respond to the comments as such. ...just an idea.
  • iGrimezY - November 4, 2012 10:09 a.m.

The Halo and Call of Duty series are probally the top two First Person shotoer games of the generation.. But I see no spot for Call of Duty :( But I personally like Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas, because its a game to where you can ethier choose to continue on with the camapign or free roam around the map.. doing whatever you want.