We Recommend

• BladedFalcon - June 29, 2012 noon

Listening to the latest Cape Crisis, I already knew which would be the top three, and in what order XD Also, I think the SpiderMan game for the playstation should have been a little bit higher, certainly higher than Shattered dimensions. It wasn't a perfect game, but it was one of the few spiderman games I thought they got it mostly right. Sans the sandbox web swinging.
  • RushLight - June 29, 2012 12:22 p.m.

Cool to see Web of Shadows appreciated, that game gets slammed so much, but I always enjoyed. However, in the end, my favorite Spider-Man game has got to be Ultimate Spider-Man. The gameplay is open world Spider-Man at its best, and the story was incredible (thanks to Bendis, as always). It was my introduction to Ultimate Parker and well, then I decided to read all of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics and I almost like him more than regular Peter (but not quite). I was so sad when he died.
  • Cyberninja - June 29, 2012 1:13 p.m.

Ultimate is my favorite but I respect the desicion to put WoS at number 1
  • TerryTerryJerry - June 29, 2012 2:41 p.m.

I've seen some bad editing here on GamesRadar, but slide 7 (Spider Man on the Genesis CD) takes sloppy editing new heights.
  • TerryTerryJerry - June 29, 2012 2:50 p.m.

But don't get me wrong, I mean no ill will towards GR--I love the site and have been visiting it since it was called Cheatplanet. So it's disappointing when errors like missing letters and incorrect sentence structure/grammar bring down the quality of the site. If you guys are an editor short or something, I'd be happy to put my money where my mouth is.
  • DoubleLedgeTakedown - June 29, 2012 2:55 p.m.

I haven't played WoS but most definately will now, but for me Spiderman 2
  • Felixthecat - June 29, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Spider-Man 2 not #1? Wow.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 29, 2012 3:06 p.m.

My thoughts exactly.
  • masterjoe123 - June 29, 2012 7:32 p.m.

This^
  • narrat0r - June 29, 2012 3:13 p.m.

You could have picked anything. ANYTHING, for number one, but off all the games, you take Web of Shadows. Let's see: -putrid voice acting -nonsensical story -unintuitive controls -idiotic dialogue -ridiculously over-exaggerated Spidey powers COME ON
  • zombi3grim - June 29, 2012 9:37 p.m.

Thats the beuty of opinion
  • Viron - June 29, 2012 3:23 p.m.

Argh but reading Ultimate series comics is like eating broken glass.
  • masterjoe123 - June 29, 2012 7:34 p.m.

Nobody remembers Mysterio's Menace for the GBA...
  • zombi3grim - June 29, 2012 9:40 p.m.

Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 were fun. I played only those two. Im sorry...
  • Jdub9064 - June 29, 2012 11:51 p.m.

Web of Shadows is amazing, well worth the price you can pick it up for now. I would recommend that over The new Amazing Spiderman game
  • keigel - June 30, 2012 1:08 a.m.

One of my favorite Spidey games came on Talkradar's recommendation: Web of Shadows on Nintendo DS. Not just a mere port of it's big brother, the DS version came into it's own as a whole different (possibly even superior) beast. Different plot presentation, gameplay...hell, even genre! Eschewing the 3d open-world due to the handheld's limits, it was instead an excellent Metroid-style 2D beat-em-up, providing a great chance to employ Spidey's unique powers with a go-anywhere feel. Impressively fluid animation, suprisingly deep and fun combat for a beat-em-up, and a competently implemented experience system are also highlights. Oddly, I think even the voice-acting was better than the console versions. (Maybe because the character model looked younger on DS, fitting the voice better than the seemingly full-grown adult seen on PS3/Xbox versions.
  • cgriff63 - July 1, 2012 10:07 p.m.

I'm glad spiderman for the original playstaion finally got some recognition in one of these lists.
  • Jessmn2 - July 2, 2012 11:02 a.m.

Ultimate was always my favorite. I wanted to try out Web Of Shadows, but never got the chance. But hey, any Spidey game with Venom in it is a game for me.
  • ethan_t - July 5, 2012 5:36 a.m.

I can't believe that you guys put in the PS1 "Spider-Man" because it's so true to the source, but you didn't mention "Enter Electro"! It was even more full of continuity nods, and you could play as The Amazing Bag-Man! Sure, he was terribly weak, but it was a wonderful reference. I fully agree that the first one should be on here, but "Enter Electo" at least deserves an honorable mention, if not an actual place on the list. I don't think there's been another Spidey game that lets you play as Peter when he gets the Phoenix Force; however, there probably won't be, since that would be even harder to pull off than a decent Superman game. Phoenix is WAY overpowered, and Phoenix-Spidey is just... ugh.
  • Smash_Bro - October 24, 2012 2:26 p.m.

FINALLY, someone else who feels that Web of Shadows is Spidey's best game. It really is! Sure, his voice actor was unbearable, but dat combat system... Miles ahead of the combat of other games, especially with the Wii controls. Now, I say this... Why is Edge of Time disliked so much? It features the best two (well, my two favourite) Spider-Man voices 3V4R, and the cutscenes are amazing. Incidentally, it sucks that the game is all indoors, but that didn't bother me too much. I'd be more annoyed to have Spidey venture outside and only be able to follow a linear path. *coughDimensionscough*