• DiJunoMan - April 18, 2012 3:12 p.m.

Being a site all about video games you should know not to call it the PSX... Makes me cringe every time I see that.
  • J-Fid - April 18, 2012 4:04 p.m.

Where does the "X" come from in PlayStation anyways?
  • rampagingraptor - April 18, 2012 4:52 p.m.

If I remember correctly, the PSX was the name for certain type of a Japanese ps2.
  • Shazamin - April 18, 2012 5 p.m.

Ignore rampagingraptor lol, psx is the software u get on your computer to play Playstation 1 games instead of having to buy the consoles. Gamesradar looks a little silly for calling it PSX instead of PS1 but hey, nobodys perfect.
  • DiJunoMan - April 18, 2012 5:34 p.m.

The PSX could refer to either the system or the emulator, there was a Japanese DVR/PS2 combo called the PSX.
  • J-Fid - April 18, 2012 6:30 p.m.

Oh ok. Thanks everybody!
  • Redeater - April 18, 2012 3:09 p.m.

I know this has been said before but it really shows how many original people from GR there are left. I would have bet everything I have that Castlevania would have been #1. #13 just look at that saucy wench!
  • BladedFalcon - April 18, 2012 5:28 p.m.

...It's still at friggin' number 2, is it really that much of a big deal? And i am saying this as a fan of both the old staff and as a fan of Castlevania. Just like with super Metroid and Chrono Cross. Both SotN and MGS are VERY different beasts where gameplay and concept is concerned. Both are incredibly great in their own genre, but which is better becomes more of an opinion than anything else. Also, i WILL say this, much as I love SotN, and as much as it's the Metroidvania game that started it all, I CAN think of other, newer metroidvanias that I like better than it. As for MGS, I can't really think of any of the other entries of the franchises being better than the first one.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 3:07 p.m.

So here's some news for anyone that gives a shit, The Legend of Dragoon will be released on PSN on May 1st. I can't tell you how stoked I am.
  • Matt Hughes - April 18, 2012 3:15 p.m.

Whaaa! Thank you sir, I just crapped my pants. Love that game.
  • smellmyfoot - April 18, 2012 5:09 p.m.

My thoughts exactly.
  • BOOOM headshot - April 18, 2012 5:30 p.m.

your post made my day i love that game its one of my favourites
  • Lionsheadbeer - April 18, 2012 3:04 p.m.

not sure why ff7 wouldn't make the list
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 3:06 p.m.

I think it's because it's a REALLY over rated game. There were so many better games of the genre, like FFIX for instance :)
  • BladedFalcon - April 18, 2012 5:31 p.m.

Mainly because it has aged TERRIBLY. I mean, I know most PSN games all look dated, but the polygons in VIII and IX ARE much more easier in the eyes than the ones in VII, same goes for the backgrounds and FMVs. Secondly, FFVII WAS a important and beloved game in it's time, but it really wasn't THAT good. The combat system wasn't the best it could be, the Materia system was shit. And the story goes from great to "meh" halfway trough. And the actual charisma of the characters is pretty debatable.
  • AlbVega - April 18, 2012 3 p.m.

As non-PSX-gamer in its original days at least, I can say that FF IX is indeed the best. If you don't take Tactics intou account, that is.
  • AlbVega - April 18, 2012 3:03 p.m.

I still play the original tactics to this day. It is one of the 10 best games ever.
  • metalgatesolid - April 18, 2012 2:52 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid is the greatest game of all tiime. Every character has suck in my mind and for me they are the best in any videogame. Every boss was amazing, the story epic and i actually cared about the ending. Love it so much.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 2:52 p.m.

This is actually the first Love list I am disappointed in. Replacing Crash Bandicoot with CTR? No mention of Monster Rancher, Tomba, Dino Crisis, Mega Man Legends, and most of all, THE LEGEND OF FUCKING DRAGOON? Dropped the ball on this one, I'm being harsh I know... You guys must have been N64'ers :P
  • fish94 - April 18, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Probably my personal favourite PS1 game was Digimon World, many a fond memory of that game. Unlike many "open world" games now, which are essentially a few corridors strung together to create the illusion of freedom (I love FF13-2, but even I can't deny that it's no less linear than 13), it actually gave you freedom. There was no proper quest, no "do this, do that", just solid gameplay and the chance to play as you like. Also, you could get a goddamn Skullgreymon.
  • taokaka - April 19, 2012 12:30 a.m.

digimon world 2003 was better in my opinion but I loved the tense moments when a rookie was digivolving and I was like "please don't let it be a numemon, please don't let it be a numemon......." Also digimon rumble arena was pretty fun but it was outdone by 2 in every conceivable way.
  • fish94 - April 20, 2012 1:15 p.m.

I had that problem until I realised having a Numemon meant you could get a Monzaemon, who was pretty badass (: And yeah, I loved 2003 too but I felt it a bit too RPG-ish. Also as a kid I got stuck on it really easily and so got pissed off with it quickly :P