• FirLocke - April 19, 2012 1:42 p.m.

I really like this list. P4 would be number 1 for me though; just sayin' ;P. P3P for PSP. Would've liked at least one fighting game to appear though. I mean, SoulCalibur 2 is a beast of a game. A lot of people still very fondly look back on SC2. I'm sure there were Guilty Gear games on the PS2 that were great also. I agree with Kh2 being the best KH. Followed by the first KH and then Birth By Sleep(of all the portable entries, you have to admit that at least BBS was pretty damn good). Also Jak 3 was the best Jak! Light Jak, the reptiles you could ride around town and the desert you could explore with the long limbed super bouncy car(among others) were super fun. It's the easiest Jak, but by far the most varied. I'd have to say the same with the Sly series, the third is my favourite. More varied. The only game I disagree with is DQ8. But that's just me, because I find the DQ series unbelievably uninteresting. Especially the 8th one. Really liking these features!
  • Pottyaboutpotter1 - April 19, 2012 1:41 p.m.

No Spider-man 2? Shame on you!
  • P0ck3tC1am - April 19, 2012 1:41 p.m.

What no Timeslpitters!? poop. I, at one point had all of these games, all great games.
  • ThatOneHobo - April 19, 2012 1:37 p.m.

At first I was excited to see Okami so high on the list, but when Shadow of the Colossus, my favortie game of all time, made the first spot, I flipped out a little.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 1:32 p.m.

YES! You guys put Zone of the Enders 2! FUCK YEAH! About time the game got some love! :D Anyway, rest of the list is great, though I heavily disagree about Kingdom hearts II. I would have swapped with with the first Kingdom hearts. Why? KHII is laughably easy, it could practically play itself in combat, and the plot got incredibly ridiculous, convoluted, and bloated with characters. The first KH kept things more simple, focused, and charming. IMO at least.
  • Ilyere - April 19, 2012 1:22 p.m.

And of those games, I have played Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy X, Dragon Quest VIII and Okami. I'd personally score them higher. ;)
  • garyn-greene - April 19, 2012 4:55 p.m.

because you've played them?
  • fanfundy - April 19, 2012 1:11 p.m.

Good list, all amazing games. I'd like to mention Nocturne, which for me brought back threatening difficulty to the RPG genre, as well as Manhunt for pushing the limits of censorship while still creating an enjoyable game.
  • samsneeze - April 19, 2012 1:10 p.m.

I'm assuming that you guys are still working on the Dreamcast list and it'll be up later today... Anyway, the first Jak and Daxter was the best Jak and Daxter. Kingdom Hearts is a bad game series. Persona 4 is pretty good. I didn't really like Ico. Silent Hill 2 was nice. It was the last good Silent Hill game. Okami is great. Final Fantasy X is laughable. Shadow of the Colossus is a great game, but number one? Nah. There isn't really enough there for it to be number one. Dragon Quest VIII is my favorite last gen game from any of the consoles. So that will be my top PS2 game.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 1:44 p.m.

"Shadow of the Colossus is a great game, but number one? Nah. There isn't really enough there for it to be number one." Yes there is. Not only is the game able to deliver a huge emotional payoff without needing extensive story or dialog. The artistic design is amazing. And honestly? the game accomplishes everything it set out to do. The graphics and music are top notch even to this day, the gameplay is both contemplative and amazing, and the game even allows you to get creative if you're willing to explore new ways of dealing with the colossi. (For example, you are able to use the momentum of the stone sword of one colossi, to propel yourself trough the air, and land on his head.) So really, what exactly does this game lack to warrant a top spot?
  • samsneeze - April 19, 2012 1:55 p.m.

I don't remember any specific tracks from the game. Most of them either blended into one another or were just plain bland and forgettable. The emotional response wasn't as effecting to me as most people it would seem. I liked the story well enough, though. It looks nice, for sure, but I've never been one to be floored by the graphic capabilities of any games over the rest of the presentation. Don't get me wrong, it's tons of fun to play. I just don't think it deserves number one since the presentation of everything feels "halfway there" to me.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 2:10 p.m.

But I don't get what's "halfway there" about the presentation? It's not just the technical quality of the graphics, but to me, the artistic design of both the world, AND the characters are of high quality, and iconic. The preference for the music obviously seems to be a more subjective matter though, since I personally had my blood pumped by several of the combat tracks of the game. Also... C'mon, you didn't feel nothing regarding Argo's fate? D: YOU MONSTER (I keed.)
  • samsneeze - April 19, 2012 2:28 p.m.

The thing is, it's all subjective to what the person who plays the game thinks. You feel like the game was there artistic design, world, and character wise, and I didn't. I can see why other people like, I just don't think it should be number one. We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - April 19, 2012 4:25 p.m.

Agreeing to disagree is always a great idea. I just fell like pointing one minor detail out. You mentioned that it's all subjective. This list is meant to factor that in and just how much these games meant to people in general not create a definitive list that suits everyone.
  • samsneeze - April 19, 2012 4:37 p.m.

Obviously...
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 4:34 p.m.

Yeah, fair enough ^^ I agree to our disagreeing! I mean, i perfectly respect your opinion, and i only pursued my questioning mainly because I wanted to know WHY you didn't view the game to be as great as I did. That, and y'know, i love arguing XD
  • big0jeff - April 19, 2012 10:28 p.m.

Very underrated game!
  • shawksta - April 19, 2012 1:10 p.m.

Great list, at first, i played Sly 1 and thenSly 3. I dont know why i missed out on 2 but when i played it i can see why it definitly deserves praise, 3 improved on it but 2 started to give the series the personality. Eh, as awesome as Shadow of the colossus is Top spot is a bit pushing it as it had very striking problems but it does derserve to be on the Top ones.
  • JMarsella09 - April 19, 2012 1:09 p.m.

Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time, but I get it is not for everyone.