Topics

Best

• rob619 - February 19, 2013 5:53 p.m.

Metal Gear solid - first great experience MGS Snake Eater - the only game I've cried in MGS4 - the sole reason I broke the bank and brought a PS3
  • sandplasma - February 19, 2013 5:57 p.m.

cried? What are you? a chick?
  • slimjim441 - February 19, 2013 8:38 p.m.

You've obviously never played MGS 3. And crying doesn't make you a woman. Otacon cries. King Theoden cries. Rick Grimes cries. Did I mention Theoden?
  • MolokoVeck - February 20, 2013 11:43 a.m.

Well played sir.
  • minimaxi - February 20, 2013 6:17 p.m.

He's implying that crying makes you look like a young bird.
  • slimjim441 - February 20, 2013 9:19 p.m.

Let me restate: Theoden.
  • 7-D - February 19, 2013 7:42 p.m.

I know what you mean about Snake Eater, killing all of those little bunnies made me wet around the eyes too :(
  • winner2 - February 19, 2013 7:33 p.m.

MGS4 was the reason I got a PS3, and I loved every second of it. I haven't played any of the others actually, so I can't compare anything.
  • 7-D - February 19, 2013 7:38 p.m.

Ragh! Rising's made it into the hall of fame. Jolly good. I've still got Peacewalker to play yet from the HD collection but i've been hesitant with rumours that some of the bosses are nigh-on impossible with one player?
  • iluvpkmnmonday - February 19, 2013 10:01 p.m.

Tedious maybe, but definitely not impossible. A couple of the bosses took me two tries but that was it, and I'm by no mean an expert at action games. Plus it seems several PW characters are going to be in Ground Zeroes.
  • 7-D - February 20, 2013 2:37 p.m.

Ok, that's good to hear. You're right I think, from what I gather peacewalker is going to tied-in with Ground Zeroes so i'd better pull my finger out (especially knowing how long it takes me to complete some games).
  • metalgatesolid - February 19, 2013 11:53 p.m.

NO NO NO NO NO. Twin Snakes was a remake of the first MGS that took away all the stealth fun and replaced it with MGS 2s first person shooting which took away the fun of the original. MGS one is the greatest game ever and to put a remake on is unforgivable. MGS3 was great but the first was just sublime
  • DrFred79 - February 20, 2013 2:31 a.m.

I'll have to mentally erase Twin Snakes and replace it with the original MGS on your list and then it will look fine. ;) Nice article guys :)
  • DBNS - February 20, 2013 3:09 a.m.

Sorry, I'm slightly drunk right now. I seem to have missed the page that named Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation as one of the best Metal Gear games ever made. It being the first modern/3D Metal Gear game, one of the most cinematic games ever made up to that point, and an absolute classic game that pushed the medium in innovative new ways and set the standard for all future Metal Gear games to come. It is obviously on the list somewhere. Must be a broken link or something.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - February 20, 2013 9:53 a.m.

They used Twin Snakes to represent MGS1. It's a frustrating example though. Obviously the graphics/gameplay are far better than the original, but they also had to go and get that one "stylish" director for the cutscenes. While MGS1 was always kind of ridiculous, Twin Snakes went into full blown silly territory. The worst part is probably when the Hind Helicopter fires a rocket at Snake, who does a backflip, lands on the a rocket, jumps off it, and fires his own rocket into the helicopter. Sigh. On top of that, pretty much everyone played MGS1 on the PS1, and almost no one played Twin Snakes.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 20, 2013 11:28 a.m.

I don't think representing the original Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 with Twin Snakes is viable. The soundtrack, gameplay, and feel of the game was altered in Twin Snakes, which changed the atmosphere the original had. I played both games and although Twin Snakes was good, personally I consider MGS to be the superior one. Other than that, MGS3 was a fantastic game.
  • iiqulo - March 9, 2013 3:32 p.m.

Why not just list all the MEtal Gear games? Is there something wrong with Metal Gear 2 or Acid 1? Heck, Even Snake's Revenge should get a shout out, it was not a bad game. I would think a best of list would only include 5 games tops. It's weird nearly every game was mentioned.
  • pukka-pie - June 27, 2013 4:57 a.m.

MGS3 can't be at the top for me, just because The Fury is the worst boss I have ever ever ever experienced, in fact he is far and away my least favourite moment in the entire history of games. I swear to god I am not exaggerating, I despise that boss and he puts me off re-playing the game. MGS4 is the best game ever in my mind. Rising (Revengeangeancegeance or whatever it's called) is exceptionally good too, easily the 5th best Metal Gear. Wow, I cannot wait for MGS 5.