Topics

Best Halloweek

• tim-zielhuis - November 8, 2012 1:39 a.m.

im really missing my favourite survivor horror game of all time here: System Shock 2 it should be in this list...
  • RSQViper - November 1, 2013 7 p.m.

It is! It's #14!
  • Bloodstorm - November 1, 2013 3:49 p.m.

Left 4 Dead and it's sequel aren't horror games. They just aren't.
  • shawksta - November 1, 2013 4:43 p.m.

Great list, the actual numbering may vary but they are right for the most parts. I personally perfer Resident Evil 3, not only was it really unsettling but Nemesis is the stuff of nightmares and you know your in deep shit when you hear that theme mere seconds before he appears. However i havent played 2, so i cant say much and maybe your right.
  • yodajones - November 1, 2013 7:16 p.m.

No Deadly Premonition? No Illbleed? No Code Veronica or Parasite Eve?
  • JMarsella09 - November 1, 2013 7:16 p.m.

Rule of Rose being on this list fills me with absolute delight.
  • matthew-bigelow - November 1, 2013 7:53 p.m.

I don't do many horror movies or games. I think I watched too many at too young of an age lol. Eternal Darkness scared the fricken crap out of me though wow. But WTF is that thing that flashes on the screen? Number 16.
  • Earthbound_X - November 1, 2013 8:19 p.m.

Man, I really need to play the PS1 Clock Tower game, I've had it for years now, but have yet to play it. The SNES one is awesome.
  • Tidus0203 - November 1, 2013 8:47 p.m.

Amnesia is suppose to be scary? the game sucks, the enviroments are bland, and the enemies are boring and unimagitive. there are waaay more better horror games out there that are much scarier and better then amnesia. Even Carrier for Dreamcast.
  • KA87 - November 2, 2013 6:25 a.m.

Are you talking about A Machine For Pigs (sucks hardcore) or The Dark Decent because The Dark Decent is awesome? Also have you ever tried any of the custom storys for the Dark Decent? Custom stories like The Things in the Night, The Great Work, and Tenbris Lake are arguably better and scarier than The Dark Decent.
  • dawko - November 1, 2013 9:47 p.m.

F.E.A.R. is truly remarkable game, consists of proper scares, good action and one of the best enemy A.I. there is in fps shooters. I actually think it has the best A.I. of all games imho
  • ObliqueZombie - November 1, 2013 11:24 p.m.

Great list, I was looking for some games to give me an excuse to take 5 minute breaks every minute during my games sessions.
  • Shnubby - November 2, 2013 3:58 a.m.

I played all 3 Penumbra games, Black Plague was easily scarier than Overture since you couldn't fight the enemies, you just had to run! Absolutely terrifying! Requiem wasn't scary due to there not being any enemies at all!
  • MeanwhileGuy - November 2, 2013 5:52 a.m.

Call of Cthulhu, Rule of Rose, System Shock 2, Condemned, Slender, Fatal Frame, Forbidden Siren, SCP: Containment Breach, Silent Hill 2, Amnesia. All played, all full of NOPENOPENOPE. Dead Space, Resident Evil 2, Doom 3, F.E.A.R., all played, all not that frightening. And Left 4 Dead 2 isn't even horror. I also have a suggestion for your list when you inevitably update it next year: SCP-087. Effing. Terrifying. All procedurally generated, so every time you walk down those goddamn stairs you never know when it will find you. And it does. Every. Single. Time.
  • skirmisher-phoenix - November 3, 2013 8:54 p.m.

SPC-987-B is the scariest sh1t ever. Damned be that game, it always makes me sh1t my pants.
  • Fhiend - November 2, 2013 5:49 p.m.

I always thought RE3 was the scariest RE game. I mean, Nemesis chasing you thru the entire game. Not knowing when he would strike. Sure after a few play thrus you knew where he was but that was the only RE game that, while I wouldnt say scared me, kept me on edge. Also, anyone ever play a game called Enemy Zero on Saturn? I had this game. I think it was made by some of the people that made D (D was cool). If i remember, you played a woman trapped on a space ship or station overrun by aliens. You couldnt see them and had to rely on sound to find and kill them. I never finished it but man was that game tense.
  • christopherwesten - November 3, 2013 11:29 a.m.

F.E.A.R? Really? Now comes a game from the makers of Paranormal Activity and the fags that brought you Ghost Hunters. Coming Soon to XBox 360. That game was filled with cheap scares on improperly placed set pieces not to mention repetitive ambience. Granted F.E.A.R 2 had one or two "jumping" moments. The first game however was a learning experience for Monolith. As for the Resident Evil set, i'd have to say 3 was the scariest of them. A Big Ass Arnold Schwarzenegger esque B.O.W that stalked you relentlessly and showed up constantly in random places. #motherf&%*$%whiteknuckles
  • asnoldo666 - November 5, 2013 1:50 p.m.

WTF,where is Alone in the dark? the father of survival-horror,
  • Desertegle40cal - April 1, 2014 10:22 a.m.

Oh come on!! Where is "The Suffering" and "The Suffering The Ties That bind"? The monsters were created by friggin Stan Winston for cryin out loud! That was the first horror game that really gave me the chills. Plus they even took sounds from a REAL haunted prison to make the sounds in the video game feel more lifelike. And that haunted prison is none other than the one and only Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. One of the most notoriously haunted prisons in the United States! lol I mean seriously! They took REAL haunted sounds and put it into the video game.. You can't get much better then that.. Knowing that before you play the video game makes your skin crawl throughout the whole game.. Who made this list? They need to do their homework! Respectively of coarse lol