• JoeMasturbaby - April 1, 2011 10:20 p.m.

GTA:SA will always be higher on my list than GTA4 but i respect all the choices made (I like to read this list as if it were made with no particular order in mind despite for organization, which makes it a lot easier to agree with)
  • BlackTeam13 - April 1, 2011 9:42 p.m.

#83 makes it easy to guess who wrote that entry. (Here's a hint, his name rhymes with Charlie Barratt).
  • D0CCON - April 1, 2011 9:35 p.m.

Ha ha! More evidence for my friend who thinks Portal is awful because of the incredibly annoying, poorly acted, completely unfunny, so atrocious it causes his ears to bleed GLADOS. No I won't actually so him this. Yes I do think he is insane. At least all of my other friends who have seen it think it's a great game.
  • Relayer71 - April 1, 2011 9:34 p.m.

Nice list. But I would have put Final Fantasy IV in there instead of VI, and the DS remake version at that. I loved VI as much as IV but that DS version put IV over the top. Also, you left out way too many great games. You put Killer 7 in there (which I loved as well) but no room for Persona 4? Or Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain? Baldur's Gate 2? Skies Of Arcadia? Panzer Dragoon? Planescape: Torment? Dragon Quest III? Phantasy Star IV???? I could go on. But I'm thrilled Super Metroid made the top 10. THAT to me would have been #1 or #2. It's just such a perfect game in every way.
  • Fenghoang - April 20, 2012 9:54 p.m.

Seriously agree on PST and BG2. Those games were so amazing, that i had to get over my habit of comparing any newer RPGs with them, lest I intend on becoming severely disappointed with otherwise amazing games (ME, KoToR, & DA:O in particular). Easily my favorite games of all time.
  • jmj542 - April 1, 2011 9:29 p.m.

HEY HEY WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE FALLOUT 3 OR BULLY ON HERE! I AM VERY PISSED OFF.
  • CoppertopJohnson - April 1, 2011 9:27 p.m.

I wasn't expecting the no. 1 pick as I thought it'd go to something more classic. Still, all the games I wanted to see were there and I don't much care about which order they go in, so I'm happy.
  • Rek - April 1, 2011 9:17 p.m.

Oh god the paragraph on TF2 made me laugh so hard.
  • taterfyrings - April 1, 2011 9:10 p.m.

This list is decent, and I despite the fact that a lot of games that will be more or less forgotten by next hardware-generation crowd the top so heavily. However, the worst offense is the lack of the great Europa Universalis-series from Paradox Interactive. I know this site is aimed at casual players that love Call of Duty, God of War and GTA, but Europa Universalis is - like Portal - really a masterpiece of a game if you like a challenging and fun experience. Should definitely been on the list.
  • HitmanSB07 - April 1, 2011 9 p.m.

Number 1 surprised the shit out of me!!! Wasn't expecting it at all, great list. I now must go find Chrono Trigger...
  • superdude22 - April 1, 2011 8:51 p.m.

When I read Psychonauts I was like :) When I read Okami I was like :D When I read Final Fantasy VI, I started weeping with joy. I love this article so much. My only problem is the lack of shin megami tensei, but oh well...
  • rybell - April 1, 2011 8:38 p.m.

Excellent article, I agree with almost every single entry, also I love the comments
  • Jayzilla - April 1, 2011 8:37 p.m.

Glad you found room to squeeze at least one mega man and sonic game in there :/
  • Manguy17 - April 1, 2011 8:30 p.m.

so i have 22 of the best games ever? not bad. Also Im glad you pointed out "Now your thinking with portals" as being somthing you felt, my freinds said i was crazy when i told them that.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - April 1, 2011 8:23 p.m.

I can say I agree with this list wholeheartedly apart from the lack of Fallout 3. That game could have been squeezed in somewhere dammit! I also would've been interested to see which staff members wrote which entries. Great read GR!
  • cardinaL - April 1, 2011 8:19 p.m.

Great list, but is there seriously ONE HUNDRED better games than Twisted Metal 2 and Twisted Metal Black? At least one of those games absolutely deserved a spot on the list.
  • Genericide - April 1, 2011 8:19 p.m.

Wow that's a lot of comments. So much that it's increased by quite a bit in the time spent reading this. There are a lot of things I could say here. A LOT of things. But really, it would be absolutely impossible for you to get even the majority of this list to agree exactly on any individuals personal top list, given personal taste. I would therefore call this an overall futile endeavor. However, I suppose that you might introduce someone to a great game they've never played is enough. I may have many issues with this list, but I agree with a decent amount of it and won't begrudge you for trying.
  • MrDuracraft - April 1, 2011 8:18 p.m.

To the people saying "OMG LOL IS DIS APRIL FOLZ JOKES?" or "Is this an April Fools joke?" for the not idiots, this was posted on March 31st, not necessarily the day you are reading it on.
  • rjjones - April 1, 2011 8:17 p.m.

The first 5 comments/commenters made me laugh harder than I have yet today! Lulz aside, I'm glad SOMEONE finally had the balls to do a true, legit "Best 100" that I feel I can truly agree with!
  • gigahoe - April 1, 2011 8:16 p.m.

Sport games are getting no love on here. I know it's annoying when they release one every year but seriously no PES, Sensible Soccer, Madden or even Pong!