• Redeater - February 15, 2013 10:40 p.m.

No System Shock 2?? I've replayed it the other day for the first time in 10 years and it's crazy how ambitious it was and how well it works. Even without mods its still a beautifully crisp game. I LOVE me some Bioshock but it seems almost criminal for it to be left off the list.
  • signal2noise - February 16, 2013 10:02 a.m.

I concur!
  • Tyrande - February 15, 2013 10:53 p.m.

Series that i believe deserve a mention: Thief: deadly shadows for the Thief Series Fire Emblem for the Fire Emblem Series Ghost Trick Tales Series Grandia II for the Grandia Series Breath of Fire Series Bahamut Lagoon because dragons Age of Empires II the age of kings for the Age of Empire Series Command and Conquer: Red Alert Series Stronghold series (here comes Bessy!!!) pretty much wrote my childhood at the end, but whatever
  • randezzel27 - February 15, 2013 11:04 p.m.

Just a quick comment. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME? I DIN'T CARE IF IT'S YOUR OPINION, OCARINA OF TIME HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE ON THIS LIST. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHERE, JUST IT HAS TO BE ABOVE THE SHIT THAT IS KNOWN AS COD.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - February 15, 2013 11:56 p.m.

The only problem is, Wind Waker is better than Ocarina of Time D:
  • talleyXIV - February 18, 2013 1:16 a.m.

Alright, your gaming journalist license is taken away. You have now entered the mentally retarded twilight zone.
  • talleyXIV - February 18, 2013 1:18 a.m.

He also said that it could be anywhere not just above Wind Waker. He never said it was better than Wind Waker, he is just saying that the honestly plain fucking silly writers at Gamesradar are entirely off the gaming radar when they didn't include Ocarina of Time. Seriously, you include like 3 Zelda games and not one is OoT? Just fucking dumb.
  • game_over - February 15, 2013 11:30 p.m.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Streety519a - February 16, 2013 12:14 a.m.

I was hoping for some Ghouls'n'Ghosts or Darkstalkers love....................oh well.
  • kiebs-iee - February 16, 2013 1:41 a.m.

Wow I totally agree with a lot of those especially portal being number 1. But how is it possible to miss so many games, there are games in that list that are no way as good as some of the classics. for example, Ocarina of time is not just the best zelda game, but without a doubt recognized by almost all gamers as one of the best games ever made. Also, Digimon World for playstation (the first one) - was the first and best game of its kind. And Pokemon Blue/Red were WAAAY better than Black/White. Goldeneye for N64 - again recognized by gamers as one of the best games ever made. Where is Tomb Raider?, where is Tekken? Where is Super Smash Bros? This list was not compiled by someone who grew up gaming, but someone who has been introduced to classic games recently. No offence.
  • daninthemix - February 16, 2013 5:37 a.m.

You seriously expect me to click 100 times to see this list? Pass.
  • signal2noise - February 16, 2013 8:21 p.m.

You probably click more than 100 times to get through a 4chan thread.
  • DBNS - February 16, 2013 6:25 a.m.

Quite a good list. Such lists are never going to please everyone, and indeed, I disagree with some of your choices, but pretty damn good overall. I respect that you had the balls not to choose Ocarina of Time as the best 3D Zelda game of all time. (I'm not 100% certain I would have chosen Wind Waker over Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword, but kudos nonetheless.) To those who think Goldeneye 007 deserves a spot on this list--you're letting nostalgia get the better of you. Goldeneye 007 is not one of the best 100 games ever made, it has some of the best MEMORIES, and I certainly played the living shit out of it back in the day, but I challenege you to play 4 player splitscreen today & say it's as good as you remember. One final note: FFX better than VII? Insanity. I'd even rank XII higher. VII is the pinnacle of 3D FF. But good job ranking VI so high.
  • DBNS - February 16, 2013 6:34 a.m.

P.S. Thanks a lot Gamesradar, because of this list, my already massive backlog is now a dozen games longer ;)
  • kiebs-iee - February 16, 2013 9:26 a.m.

"you're letting nostalgia get the better of you" - Only great games create nostalgia :P
  • noweareman - February 16, 2013 7:12 a.m.

Command & Conquer Red Alert,Tomb Raider and Wolfenstien not on this USELESS LIST??? WTF!
  • mudpooch - February 16, 2013 8:48 a.m.

Spoiler alert ! How on earth can portal be number one. That must be a horribly bad joke...
  • signal2noise - February 16, 2013 9 a.m.

First of all how can this be the "greatest of all time" since time has not ended yet? There will be games coming down the line that will surpass ones presented here. Secondly, to have a list with Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (one of the highest critical scoring games along with Half-life) not in the top 10, let alone the top 100, is a travesty. Epic fail on Games Radar's part.
  • Xealios - February 16, 2013 5:24 p.m.

Greatest of all time, up to the current date. Obviously. This list is also the poster's opinion, you can't please everybody, and I don't think they were trying to.
  • Bansheebot - February 16, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Uh, muh gud. I dun't 100% agree with teh placements on this list. BIASED AND GEHY.