• sephex - December 8, 2014 11:18 a.m.

I'm glad that Destiny wins Game of the Year but Wow has it been a shitty year.
  • Darkhawk - December 8, 2014 11:10 a.m.

Platinum Chalice! Platinum Chalice! I want to know the "Okami Award" winner this year!
  • taylor31394 - December 8, 2014 11:05 a.m.

I don't believe Game of the Year implies a perfect game. There is by no means a perfect game. Destiny is as a whole, is the most fun game out there this year. An addictive shooter that builds a new world that can grow in years to come. Clearly I haven't played every game on the list, but I can't imagine any other game weaves great Halo esque shooting styles with the addictive RPG elements and a great multiplayer environment. GOTY in my book for sure.
  • cobble75 - December 8, 2014 11:05 a.m.

Wow, Destiny huh? I can see it being on this list but nowhere near the top spot. that game just gets too much wrong.
  • Colenuck - December 8, 2014 10:58 a.m.

Destiny is my game of the year, can it get repetitive? Absolutely, but gameplay wise a game doesn't get anymore solid than this, the music is the best I've heard in years, graphics are fantastic, the multiplayer is incredible and varied. Destiny is not a game you play everyday for 12 hours, you jump in, spend 30-45 minutes doing dailies and maybe a couple hours a week with your raid group, then go about your day. With the massive glut of incredible games out there demanding my attention, the fact that I've played destiny from launch to now (and beyond) says a ton. My only complaint is that they gated a large portion of the lore behind a clumsy system.
  • ultimatepunchrod - December 8, 2014 10:57 a.m.

I'm surprised Destiny got the GOTY, but I know you guys really enjoyed it. I played quite a bit of it, and I'd have to say it's not my favorite game this year. It's kind of curious not to see Infamous Second Son on here, but I know people had problems with that one. Anyway, good lineup this year; hopefully everything coming next year is great too.
  • Mooo - December 8, 2014 10:57 a.m.

I appreciate enjoying a broken game which is poorly made, I played a lot of the last two Armored Core games for example and had quite a bit of fun with them, despite the awful story and various other problems the games had. But I would never say they are game of the year and would definitely not pretend all their faults don't exist, that's just dishonest and dare I say unethical. If Destiny is the game of the year, then it's been a very poor year for games.
  • bobob101 - December 8, 2014 10:56 a.m.

Personally, I wish South Park and Bravely Default were higher. But also, 3/4 games I play are RPGs of some fashion. The games I spent the most time this year on would have to be Persona and Borderlands. Although this list does make me realize how much of the big games of the year just pass me by.
  • UberPyro64 - December 8, 2014 10:50 a.m.

wow really? Destiny? Did Activision pay you for this? That does no where near deserve number 1. For one the multiplayer is garbage and unbalanced as hell especially in the rewards department. The story is extremely disappointing and the game is low on content. Sure more will be added over time but right now that's not the case. The only good thing about the game is the combat but that's not enough to be so fun it deserves GOTY. A game with a lot of problems doesn't deserve it no matter how different/innovative it is.
  • musashi1596 - December 8, 2014 10:52 a.m.

You forgot the important part where we have to pay through the nose for the content that will be added over time
  • hestar - December 8, 2014 10:48 a.m.

As someone who had a 30/28/28 in destiny I don't think its the best game of the year by far..for me its FFX ;P
  • SlowOctopus - December 8, 2014 10:47 a.m.

This list makes me realize how many game I need to play from this year. BTW, I think you have a pic from the first Dark Souls DLC on the page for Dark Souls 2.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - December 8, 2014 10:51 a.m.

*impales self on sword*
  • cory-smith - December 8, 2014 10:37 a.m.

Destiny, are you f***ing serious?!? That game is full of odd design choices, the end game is repetitive at best, the story is virtually non-existent, all the game's lore is either told through a monotone Dinkle-Bot or hidden on the game's site through Grimoire Cards. Not to mention that there's actually not that much content, with the rest of it being sold to us piece-meal by Bobby Kotick and friends. Is it fun? Yes, but a game has to be more than fun to be Game of the Year and Destiny did not do that.
  • NoblePariah - December 8, 2014 10:37 a.m.

>Having Destiny at #1 >Having The Evil Within anywhere near this list I expected better GR
  • Darklurkr23 - December 8, 2014 10:36 a.m.

Destiny? Are you guys f"king high XD
  • musashi1596 - December 8, 2014 10:23 a.m.

Destiny is not nearly as good as you make it out to be, and naming it GotY is implicitly supporting all of the dishonesty that surrounds that game. I don't care how much you enjoy it, you would have to be completely and utterly blinkered to not see all of its numerous and prominent shortfalls.
  • overrated44 - December 8, 2014 10:36 a.m.

Their opinion is different from yours and so their collaborative choice for "Game of the Year" is wrong? Someone here sounds like a dick, and it's not the GamesRadar crew.
  • musashi1596 - December 8, 2014 10:41 a.m.

Opinion only goes so far, games have to be judged objectively. It could be somebody's opinion that Ride to Hell: Retribution should be GotY and they would be objectively wrong. And Destiny is an objectively unremarkble game. Destiny has a list of things wrong with it far longer than some of the games lower on this list, and has rightfully been subject to a great deal of controversy over things like cut content. How can one comfortably award it GotY?
  • ryan-otoole - December 8, 2014 10:56 a.m.

There's no such thing as an objective review. Reviews by their nature are purely subjective. Im sure some people do like Ride to Hell, but does that make their taste in games wrong? If they like it enough to be GOTY, then fine. I honestly disagree, and am pretty sad that Bravely Default made it on the list while Persona Q is left out, but it's their opinion and they have a right to it. Hey, at least Unity isnt on here....