• DarknessFisT - December 9, 2014 1:57 p.m.

Did not expect Dragon Age Inquisition to be the best RPG but did it actually have any competition???
  • Jacko415 - December 9, 2014 5:39 p.m.

Dark Souls 2
  • josh-coats - December 10, 2014 9:49 a.m.

Dark Souls 2 is an action game that people claim is an RPG because fantasy. The RPG competition for DA:I this year was Bravely Default, Divinity: Original Sin, South Park, and Child of Light.
  • edward-la-guardia - December 9, 2014 4:52 p.m.

Destiny at number 1? No, no, no...you guys must have been loaded when you wrote that. Not to mention putting Alien: Isolation so high and putting Mario Kart 8 and Shovel Knight so low.
  • profile0000 - December 10, 2014 8:41 a.m.

I was surprised to see Destiny at the top spot. Not because I think it doesn't deserve it, but because I didn't think a lot of the GR+ staff played it. I only remember Houghton reviewed it and a couple people talking about it on RadioRadar. Looks like more staffers liked it than I thought! I totally understand people hating the game for its "lack" of content, almost nonexistent storyline, and brutal loot system, but man, if you have a couple of friends and all decide to co-op it together Destiny can be absolutely fantastic. It's such a great way to just sit back, have some colorful shootouts, and chill with some friends. Considering how many classes I skipped this semester for Destiny, I would have to agree with it being in the top spot on this list.
  • sweetchiliheat - December 10, 2014 2:16 p.m.

My personal GOTY would be Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm Curtain Call. It's definitely a niche title, and won't appeal to everyone, but I love playing it. I've put more hours into it than any other game this year. That being said, I've been too busy with school to even try the newer games that came out in Nov & Dec, so this year I'm a little biased towards games released earlier in the year. I'd also like to commend GR on putting Destiny at #1. I personally don't agree with the decision, and I know many others feel the same way. But despite all the potential backlash, you guys went and stayed true to your beliefs. I applaud you for not letting your fan base get the best of you!
  • McEd - December 10, 2014 3:48 p.m.

I wish i was playing the same destiny they were playing, because the one I was playing was mediocre and did not sound nearly as exciting as they put it.
  • AeQuitas28 - December 10, 2014 4:28 p.m.

destiny and Dragon Age 1 and 2...... I wish I would've started reading there, to save time by ignoring the rest of the article. Maybe Top 2 for most disappointing but GOtY? Crazy.
  • DrXela - December 10, 2014 4:42 p.m.

Lol Dragon Age and Destiny first and second. What a joke.
  • bret-miller - December 13, 2014 3:31 p.m.

Dragon Age is incredible. It's one of the first games I've played in a while that is not only worth the $60 price tag, but also feels like a complete game. They could release no DLC and I wouldn't care.
  • Appendix - December 19, 2014 2:23 p.m.

Indeed..must've been bribed by EA to give this for disappointment DAI. Such high hopes had for it after Eaware promised that it would bring DA series to Pc gamers like they had with Dragon Age Origins..So many good features missing from DAI that DAO had and tac cam is such silly piece of carbage :/ Made a mistake when pre ordered and should've started reading community's feedback from Bioware's DAI forums before pre ordered..Lately been following some good thread's there and great DA veteran fan comments there. Sure Eaware brought have given some patches now,but not even close enough to make DAI to be playable / enjoyable and to be part of top 3 games. - 34y old Disappointed long time Rpg's & Bioware "Eaware now" fan -
  • Chrisbobomb - December 11, 2014 2:52 p.m.

Wow, it took balls to call Destiny Game of the Year. I respect those balls. I've got plenty of hours logged in the game myself, but I see seemingly nothing but negative coverage for the game on other sites. It's nice to see a site that gives the game some much deserved credit. I've read the gr review, and I am looking forward to your final review of The Dark Below.
  • MidianGTX - December 14, 2014 12:09 p.m.

Because it isn't deserved. Even the people playing it (I was one of them) want it fixed. It takes the worst from MMOs and the most generic aspects of FPS.
  • Vonter - December 11, 2014 8:21 p.m.

From what I've heard Destiny isn't yet the game it was supposed to be. I fear that's what the trend will be in the coming years, and I find it hard to say if for example, this game is great but is missing x thing, so is incomplete, or this game was awful but now its great like FF XIV. Does one or the other deserve the honor of game of the year? Also I give it a pass since this year it was mostly made of very specific tastes, if you like shooters Destiny, if you like action arcade Bayonetta 2, if you like platformers Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, if you like fantasy epics... well I suppose that one had more candidates.
  • rxb - December 12, 2014 5:39 a.m.

The list seems okay. Truth is I'd have a hard time disagreeing since I've only played one of these games. [for shame]
  • chungus-amungus - December 12, 2014 8:17 a.m.

Haha...gamesradar nice try but SquareEnix gets the award for best troll of the year. No game site is dumb enough to put that flaming turd of a game as goty. In all seriousness, when does the REAL GOTY list come out??
  • scifly - December 16, 2014 11:49 a.m.

Um, nice profile pic and all, but where the hell is the mesh tank top?
  • RSQViper - December 12, 2014 10:21 a.m.

DESTINY??/ wha.. how... that game is broken over and over again. It is a fun game and all, but in bits. It is NOT GOTY, wow I can't even believe that won and a game like Sunset Overdrive isn't even on the list? My mind is blown
  • james3248 - December 12, 2014 10:39 a.m.

My Top 5 1. Shadow of Mordor 2. South Park: Stick of truth 3. SSB 3DS 4. Dark Souls 2 5. Binding Of Isaac Rebirth