Topics

Best games

• rainn'sgaydar - January 31, 2014 2:03 p.m.

Bit of a slow month, eh? I mean, how about that Bravely Default demo, huh? Mostly in jest here. Haven't played either of those two for January.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 2:28 p.m.

Jest or not, the Bravely Default demo is the only game I played that came out this month, and it was so damn fantastic. Even as far as demos go, I think it's possibly the best Demo I've ever played of a game, and it has a ton of content considering it's JUST a demo. I completed all the quest and got all the rewards and mastered all the classes, all in all, I think it was at least 14 hours to do it all, which again, it's INSANE for a demo, and it's longer than most games nowadays. Super pumped for the real Bravely Default now, and I might be tempted to pre-emptively call it the best game of February... But Lords of Shadow 2 comes out as well, and much as I loved Bravely Default, if LoS2 delivers on being as good as it's promising to be, that might take the cake.
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 31, 2014 3:32 p.m.

I just started it yesterday but have really enjoyed what little I've played so far. It was good enough to inspire me to preorder the special edition (I'm a sucker for soundtrack inclusion). I haven't even figured all of it out yet, but did get the ball rolling with the job system today. In fact, that's what inspired me to preorder. Certainly my personal game of the month, and as you said, JUST a demo.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 6:02 p.m.

Yeah, it takes a couple of hours for you to properly figure it out, and also to fight against bosses, (That's when you truly learn the importance of brave points and defaulting.) but once it gets it's teeth sunk into you, it won't let go, and you're gonna left wishing it wasn't still 7 frigging days for the damn game to come out XD
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 31, 2014 7:08 p.m.

I went through that first cave they direct you to, but didn't really find much, which I assume means I missed something. Did I?
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 9:27 p.m.

Hmm.. probably, I mean, if they asked you to just gather x amount of an item, you just have to beat a certain kind of enemy and that's it. But if they specifically asked you to go to a cave and get rid of something or other, then yeah, you need to keep exploring until you find the boss. The boss itself is visible before you face him, and also, you usually find a merchant you can save with once you're close to the boss. Also, I'd recommend paying attention to your map when in a dungeon, it highlights the places you've been and which are still uncovered. if you get lost, that's a good way to get your bearings and figure out what area is still unexplored (:
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 31, 2014 1:28 p.m.

Next month is gonna be ape shit ain't it? Theif, Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Bravely Default(for US anyway) and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Im rooting for Thief and DK, even though im not playing DK, I have a soft spot for it and had a blast with returns at my cousins, so far im hearing its excellency and fixing Returns shit.
  • universaltofu - January 31, 2014 2:40 p.m.

I know, bravely default isn't even out yet, then Lightning Returns which from what I've seen looks interesting, then Lords of Shadow is what I'm rooting for. I want Thief as well, but I need more time!