Topics

Best games

• slimjim441 - February 2, 2014 9:46 a.m.

Next month: Runner up - DKCR Tropical Freeze Winner - Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Can't wait.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 2, 2014 8:50 p.m.

Look how that shit end up.
  • Redeater - March 3, 2014 2:19 p.m.

I lol'ed. To be fair, who could have seen that colossal fuck up coming? I mean, http://i.imgur.com/OAdO6cC.jpg Look at that scaling. How is that possible in this day and age??
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 3, 2014 2:51 p.m.

I don't know Regardless, even if a game gives you a good demo, it doesn't mean the whole game is as great these days. Strider Hyrule, Bravely deformed and Tropickle Cheese are the only games that weren't crap and it turned out they were the most ignored in favor of Lords of Failure and Thief4failure. If this keeps up with disasters it'll be 2014: Year of disasters except for Niche and Nintendo
  • slimjim441 - March 3, 2014 5:58 p.m.

Lords of Shadow's letdown was... quite the letdown. I haven't played DKCR yet, but I guess I'll move my pre-order deposit to that and pick it up. And honestly, if Nintendo had a solid year of having notably better releases than anyone else, I would not complain. As long as Metal Gear is still good.
  • LittleGreen - March 27, 2014 5:35 p.m.

I thin you mean DKCTF
  • Vonter - March 4, 2014 9:50 a.m.

After MoF I was more than expecting it. [Also I haven't play it but here is where I stand] Mainly because the original was a reboot with an original interpretation of the license it was actually good but when they tried to add established elements like the original Belmonts and the other plot points, it seemed pretty hard to piece all together. Also the lack of levity is a drawback because drama has a diminished impact when there's never a warm moment. Like with the music it feels all is very monotone.
  • LittleGreen - March 27, 2014 5:35 p.m.

Lords of Shadow 2 didn't turn out so good...
  • Swedish_Chef - February 1, 2014 12:43 a.m.

I consider this month as the calm before the storm. Things are going to be nuts for the next two months.
  • GOD - January 31, 2014 11:57 p.m.

Did two new consoles recently launch?.... Hmmmm both kickstarted PC games for game of the month.... Yup! Two new consoles definitely just launched!
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 11:18 p.m.

THE APOCALYPSE WILL SOON BEGIN FEBRUARY AND MARCH WILL BRING HELL TO THE GR OFFICE BECAUSE A MAJOR GAME COMES OUT EVERY GODDAMN WEEK
  • Darkhawk - January 31, 2014 5:58 p.m.

You should be careful with your coverage, GR. You might get sued for using certain words!
  • universaltofu - January 31, 2014 2:47 p.m.

I just got the banner saga's soundtrack yesterday, it's a nice way to experience part of the game without feeling like a terrible person. Going for another run of it soon, maybe one where I can beat the last boss :'( Broken Age was a great way to spend an afternoon, even though you could switch characters at any time, I did each one straight through, something so adorable about an icecream avalanche.
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 31, 2014 2:03 p.m.

Bit of a slow month, eh? I mean, how about that Bravely Default demo, huh? Mostly in jest here. Haven't played either of those two for January.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 2:28 p.m.

Jest or not, the Bravely Default demo is the only game I played that came out this month, and it was so damn fantastic. Even as far as demos go, I think it's possibly the best Demo I've ever played of a game, and it has a ton of content considering it's JUST a demo. I completed all the quest and got all the rewards and mastered all the classes, all in all, I think it was at least 14 hours to do it all, which again, it's INSANE for a demo, and it's longer than most games nowadays. Super pumped for the real Bravely Default now, and I might be tempted to pre-emptively call it the best game of February... But Lords of Shadow 2 comes out as well, and much as I loved Bravely Default, if LoS2 delivers on being as good as it's promising to be, that might take the cake.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 31, 2014 2:50 p.m.

All I know or bare to care on terms of Lords of Shadows 2 is that Dracula (I think, whoever your using) is being pushed as a villain and as such wants you to know it. That whole first person family eating boogaloo has brought up controversy equal to Trevor in GTA V, if the gameplay can hold up and try not to be stale or rip off shadow of the colossus, we're looking at a good game. And there's nothing wrong with having 2 winners. Competition, bragging faggots, fanboy wars, and all that shit is the reason for picking 1.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 3:36 p.m.

Yes, it's Dracula, and well, it IS Dracula, he's always been a villain :P And honestly, from what I've read about that scene, I'm pretty sure it won't be nearly as bad or graphic or vile as the press has made it seem. And it IS trying to make the point that you ARE seeing the story trough the eyes of a monster, so a scene like that is kinda necessary. Having also played the demo of LoS2, it's a pretty fine game on it's own terms, the combat is way more fluid and varied this time, it looks so much better as well. And there was a segment in which you were trying to take doing a giant mech, but it no longer felt like a stiff SotC wannabe no did it forced you to go trough quick time events or hold off from moving. Rather, you had to avoid a guy that was shooting at you while you climbed, and also had to time well to jump over moving gears, and these were short sections punctuated by small segments of combat in different parts of the giant. So again, much more improved, i'd say (: And eh, I know, I was mainly working on the template GamesRadar is using, but if I love both games, then I'll love both for their own merits *shgus*
  • Jackonomics2.0 - January 31, 2014 5:21 p.m.

Yeah that was the scenes intention, your not in the position to decide, you are the monster, deal with it. If that's the case then good for it.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 6 p.m.

Pretty much. Wether adding the little girl was too much or not is up to debate, but the justification and need for that scene makes perfect sense to me. And yeah, I promise you I'm not sugarcoating it, and if curious, pretty sure you can easily look it up on youtube or something XD
  • Jackonomics2.0 - February 1, 2014 12:58 a.m.

Adding the little girl wasn't the problem, its todays journalism that overexaggerates and comes to stupid ass conclusions that is the problem. I know you aren't, I saw the demo footage, it definitely looks like its fixing itself, damn, what's up with sequels fixing themselves nowadays and actually being better games? But then again its still too early to judge but we'll see, its leaving a positive note. The only thing that goes well this fucking long only to go entirely wrong and disastrous when its actually out is Sonic.
  • BladedFalcon - February 2, 2014 10:14 p.m.

I agree. But hey, when has the media NOT been sensationalist? And *laughs* yes well, try telling that to Sonic fanboys like GR's own Justin Towel, who seemed to think the last game was actually any good...
  • Jackonomics2.0 - February 4, 2014 8:30 a.m.

Eh i feel Sonic fans dont know what the hell they want, there's no other reason as to why they constantly post good previews only to give it a shitty review.