Topics

Best games

• PootyT - April 2, 2014 7:10 a.m.

Banner Saga FTW
  • universaltofu - April 1, 2014 6:32 p.m.

Loved both of these, getting some time in with Diablo 3 before jumping back in to Dark Souls 2 for a new character that's more magic based. I had a great time dual wielding though!
  • Shigeruken - April 1, 2014 3:19 a.m.

I was looking forward to the PC release of Dark Souls 2, but good old Bandai has decided it should be 72 USD on steam in NZ, which is over my 15% regional markup allowance. If I can get it super cheap somewhere I might still try it out, but I think I'll probably wait for a gmg sale or something.
  • Jacko415 - April 30, 2014 5:25 p.m.

Thats just plain messed up. It was only 45 USD in the states...
  • Redeater - March 31, 2014 11:44 p.m.

I'm loving the shit out of Dark Souls 2. I'm already on my second play through. I'm still amazed people point to this game as "hardcore hard". Most of the bosses have an easy work around and if you can't do it yourself they give you the option of online help. By far the worst boss for me was Medusa. I'm not going to spoil anything but she killed me a few times before I killed her......and then after I finished the game I found out a certain tidbit. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!! Also, is there anything more satisfying than playing a grueling level, only to be summoned by some fuck-ass to a duel, and then kick his ass???
  • winner2 - June 3, 2014 5:34 a.m.

Holy shit, you did the medusa fight that way? I salute you, whatever the circumstances. But yeah, I felt it wasn't as hard as the previous 2 games, but maybe that's just because I'm not new to the series. Now, I don't know if you've beaten lost sinner ng+ yet....but seriously, fuck From for their decision on that.
  • shawksta - March 31, 2014 6:44 p.m.

>Not praising the sun Both games were awesome, Dark Souls 2 improved the original nicely. I liked Ground Zeroes too, it IS a overpriced Demo, but it was neat. Im interesting in what direction Kojima will take it. Also context of Peace Walker is needed for clarity.
  • JachAnen - April 2, 2014 1:18 a.m.

By calling Ground Zero's a demo, like many other people do, I'm beginning to think that people forgot what demo's were. Ground Zero's takes longer than any demo I know of, which makes it okay to call it a game and charge for it. It's campaign is about half the playtime of many games today (except RPG's of course), making it's lower price almost okay, as it should be a little cheaper. But calling it an overpriced demo, just shows you know nothing of demo's, which I blame the developers for since they often cut the demo's nowadays, sadly.
  • shawksta - April 2, 2014 9:53 a.m.

True point but there are current demoes that last long and give you the benefits of playing the actual game, Bravely Default comes to mind.
  • TheGooseinator - April 30, 2014 7:03 p.m.

So does State of Decay. The "demo" is just two hour segment of the regular game.
  • BladedFalcon - March 31, 2014 5:40 p.m.

Praise the motherfucking sun! Yeah, I was a bit afraid that Henry and Cooper's whining might have kept Dark Souls II from occupying it's well earned place as game of the month. Glad to see common sense ultimately won out however ^^ Aside from the fact that yeah, boss designs are kinda underwhelming, I'm having a blast with the game, and I'm in shock of how fucking bigger it is compared to the first DS. I'm close to 90 hours and I'm STILL not done. Also, no other series in gaming creates true skill as the souls series does. Comparing how much of a wimp I was when I started, to how I can hold my own pretty damn well against increasingly difficult foes (and not really due to being overpowered in-game so much as it's just newfound skill and tactics.) is a feeling no other series can quite deliver.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 1, 2014 9:07 a.m.

We tried. Lord, we tried.
  • shawksta - March 3, 2014 5:54 p.m.

Awesome, Bravely Default getting praise is neat. Funny how this is somehow better than Square's latest Final Fantasy :P I need to catch up on both BD and Strider, awesome for Strider that he gets the return he deserves. For me, Tropical Freeze was just amazing, me and my brother, despite what people say, loved playing the game together (Its as he said "Its because were not stinking Casuals, we know how to play a goddamn platformer"). Its music and level design was really top notch and goddamn i cant stress how much i loved it. Retro said their next project already started since November when patching up TF, i cant wait to see what it is, Retro is one of the Nintendo's strongest second party and seeing them grow from Metroid Prime to Donkey Kong and giving both justification with the sequels was amazing and i cant wait to see what they are gonna tackle next. Garden Warfare is extremely, GODDAMN REALLY FUN, its just as Cooper said, unlocking stuff is really neat and i cant stop enjoying it.
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 7:35 p.m.

My friend was posting about garden warfare, I'd be down if I had a One (wish it had capture the flag though), the comparisons I've seen to ME3's multiplayer with the booster packs raised my interest for sure.
  • shawksta - March 4, 2014 8:54 p.m.

I havent played ME3 nor its Multiplayer (I dont know why, im lazy) so i cant really know if the comparison is right but basically the booster packs is how you'll get upgrades and customization and characters, but the thing is, the character's themselves have mission objectives that help get coins and its fairly easy when your good to get as much for the booster packs. It never takes like 20 years or so to get something only to encourage you to buy them, to which the game doesnt even have Microtransactions. Speaking of which, its really annoying how people are throwing the game off just because "HURR EA" and saying outright lies that it has Microtransactions.
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 4:28 p.m.

Interesting, didn't expect DK to get (minecart)shafted considering the disappointments that released otherwise, however I can't disagree since Bravely Default has occupied my life since I got it, mixing and mastering the jobs is cool, as is the process of acquiring them. Strider is great too, wish the map was a little better, but it's fun just romping around swooshing my sword.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 3, 2014 4:52 p.m.

Not being on the list doesn't mean its shafted Its most likely because Strider is a successful return to its franchise that we haven't seen for quite a long time, they tend to prefer those over sequels unless said sequels were long overdue. I don't have it, but the people that do have Tropical Freeze love the crap out of it.
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 5:44 p.m.

I guess I also figured that BD wasn't in the race with it's review out last month, but it didn't come out till this month so it makes sense.
  • TheGreyWizard - March 3, 2014 2:31 p.m.

What do you think about march? Is Ground Zeroes going to earn a spot here?
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 3, 2014 2:45 p.m.

If its not a disaster, like February Holy shit the comments are fixed this time!