• through.the.key.hole - December 9, 2014 8:47 a.m.

Ubisoft had a tough year but what do you expect when you trade quality for quantity. Assassin's Creed Unity made a step in the right direction... you know because you are actually doing assassination missions, but the story was pointless in the scope of the series. (Ever since they killed off Desmond I don't even think Ubisoft knows what is happening in the series other than they need to put out one, two, or five games every year!!!) However I am a little surprised Watch Dogs didn't make it on the list. I don't understand why so many people hated it. I think it was pretty well done overall. Good gameplay, decent story, and it didn'tgave any major bugs that i saw. I thought it was a fresh approach to that type of open world urban crime style of game. Sure there was plenty to be improved upon but it kept me interested for the whole game.
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2014 10:27 p.m.

Spider tank was a major bug. Watch Dogs got game of the month back in May, and the only thing I wasn't able to do was beat the drinking mini game. There is room for improvement and an overarching sense of design by committee, but I loved the asymmetric multiplayer and flavor the hacking aspect brought to the table.
  • through.the.key.hole - December 10, 2014 8:50 a.m.

I thought the hacking was great and there were lots of fun and interesting things to do around the world. However I was left feeling like the hacking could have been taken a couple steps further... I don't have any specific ideas of how it could have been made better but I just think that if they were to make a sequel they should delve into the hacking mechanic even more and build upon it just as Arkham City took everything great about Arkham Asylum and enhanced it by 10! Overall I was very pleased with the game and had lots of fun just driving around causing mayhem.
  • Rhymenocerous - December 9, 2014 8:28 a.m.

Gotta be Alien: Isolation for me. Ever since Dave Houghton's original preview, I felt the developers were just on the exact same page as me, in regards to how an Alien (note: no 's' on the end) survival/horror game should be. Glitchy cutscenes though... wtf is that about?
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2014 2 p.m.

There actually is no ' : ' in the title, it's just Alien Isolation. Zeropunctuation lambastes the use of colons in game titles by pronouncing them as a dry heave, so its cool that Alien doesn't have one and remains grammatically correct as you are isolated by an Alien.
  • through.the.key.hole - December 9, 2014 10:09 p.m.

Nerd Alert!
  • through.the.key.hole - December 9, 2014 10:10 p.m.

From one to another.
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2014 10:15 p.m.

I'll take it in the form of a song from the Hot Tub Time Machine 2 trailer.
  • through.the.key.hole - December 9, 2014 10:54 p.m.

Haha just looked that up! Can't wait for that movie. I wasn't trying to be harsh fyi. Me and my brother say that to each other all the time.
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2014 11:15 p.m.

No offense taken, I have a brother as well, I won't repeat what we say to each other. ;p
  • Naugi - December 9, 2014 6:54 a.m.

So you gave it to Destiny based on what? A review that was probably based on a week or two of gameplay? Must have been, because Destiny = vast is just laughable. Vast! VAST?!! Do you know what vast means, have you played Destiny??! LOL Also 'endlessly satisfying' ?? Are you INSANE? Destiny is famous for having driven every devoted fan to tears of boredom after having to repeat the same content over and over and over. Quotes like 'Continues to expand and evolve' and 'new economies appear' just continue the madness. What game are you talking about? Destiny has a 12 hour campaign that never evolves and has the same economies at level 1 as it does at level 30, and the content has never changed. 'whole new ways of perceiving and interacting with its universe' Hahahaha. Stop it. Please. Crazy.
  • through.the.key.hole - December 9, 2014 8:33 a.m.

Totally agree
  • squander - December 9, 2014 12:09 p.m.

with all due respect - one may think of Destiny whatever he or she wants BUT Gamesradar tested this game longer and more thorough than any other site I know. Do some research and you hardly find any aspects that speak against it - GR documented Destiny's development in form of a diary many months before the game actually came out. And one more thing: pointing your finger at someone and call him or her crazy/insane (with capital letters) just because his words do not align with your own reality is just utterly weak and disrespectful.
  • Naugi - December 9, 2014 2:18 p.m.

Oh go and white knight somewhere else please, I can be of the opinion that something stated is crazy without having to write a letter of apology to anyone with hurt feelings. If that's the worst thing you've seen people say about each other on the internet you haven't been online anywhere near enough. Development and the pre-game hype that came with it have nothing to do with the finished product which was pretty much universally hailed as a giant dissapointment. Every said in praise of Destiny in their number 1 spot blurb could have come straight from the marketing team at Bungie. Just embarrassing.
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2014 3:34 p.m.

Use precise language that doesn't perpetuate real illness and stigmas. If you find this list irrational, unsound, ludicrous, nonsensical, that is another way to put it. Though you seem to be taking an emotional position against this game and it's placement. The review was first a review diary which carried on several weeks after the game's release, it scored high, before and since then there have been plenty of articles about the game.
  • squander - December 9, 2014 3:40 p.m.

The dark knight gets the girls - you win :) However, I bestow you the possibility to apologize to GR in a proper manner (a LoA suits just fine ;) -> GR covered everything from the games Pre-Alpha to the finished product until the level 30 cap. That's why I was actually replying to your post, because the statement "A review that was probably based on a week or two of gameplay?" is just false. I haven't seen another quality gaming-site that put that cared that much about Destiny. The quality of the game itself is of course another story... cheerio, white knight out
  • Naugi - December 9, 2014 3:56 p.m.

To be honest, my comments relate entirely to the couple of paragraphs they printed below the Destiny number one slot picture. Now if that's how they sum up the game despite knowing better, then shame on them. It only makes it worse to think they are blindly praising something in a way that would make Bungies PR department feel inadequate when they actually have enough experience with the game to know way better. If they are as well informed about Destiny as you say, then they have done themselves a massive disservice here
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2014 5:09 p.m.

Check your premises.