Topics

Best games

• BladedFalcon - March 31, 2014 5:40 p.m.

Praise the motherfucking sun! Yeah, I was a bit afraid that Henry and Cooper's whining might have kept Dark Souls II from occupying it's well earned place as game of the month. Glad to see common sense ultimately won out however ^^ Aside from the fact that yeah, boss designs are kinda underwhelming, I'm having a blast with the game, and I'm in shock of how fucking bigger it is compared to the first DS. I'm close to 90 hours and I'm STILL not done. Also, no other series in gaming creates true skill as the souls series does. Comparing how much of a wimp I was when I started, to how I can hold my own pretty damn well against increasingly difficult foes (and not really due to being overpowered in-game so much as it's just newfound skill and tactics.) is a feeling no other series can quite deliver.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 1, 2014 9:07 a.m.

We tried. Lord, we tried.
  • shawksta - March 3, 2014 5:54 p.m.

Awesome, Bravely Default getting praise is neat. Funny how this is somehow better than Square's latest Final Fantasy :P I need to catch up on both BD and Strider, awesome for Strider that he gets the return he deserves. For me, Tropical Freeze was just amazing, me and my brother, despite what people say, loved playing the game together (Its as he said "Its because were not stinking Casuals, we know how to play a goddamn platformer"). Its music and level design was really top notch and goddamn i cant stress how much i loved it. Retro said their next project already started since November when patching up TF, i cant wait to see what it is, Retro is one of the Nintendo's strongest second party and seeing them grow from Metroid Prime to Donkey Kong and giving both justification with the sequels was amazing and i cant wait to see what they are gonna tackle next. Garden Warfare is extremely, GODDAMN REALLY FUN, its just as Cooper said, unlocking stuff is really neat and i cant stop enjoying it.
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 7:35 p.m.

My friend was posting about garden warfare, I'd be down if I had a One (wish it had capture the flag though), the comparisons I've seen to ME3's multiplayer with the booster packs raised my interest for sure.
  • shawksta - March 4, 2014 8:54 p.m.

I havent played ME3 nor its Multiplayer (I dont know why, im lazy) so i cant really know if the comparison is right but basically the booster packs is how you'll get upgrades and customization and characters, but the thing is, the character's themselves have mission objectives that help get coins and its fairly easy when your good to get as much for the booster packs. It never takes like 20 years or so to get something only to encourage you to buy them, to which the game doesnt even have Microtransactions. Speaking of which, its really annoying how people are throwing the game off just because "HURR EA" and saying outright lies that it has Microtransactions.
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 4:28 p.m.

Interesting, didn't expect DK to get (minecart)shafted considering the disappointments that released otherwise, however I can't disagree since Bravely Default has occupied my life since I got it, mixing and mastering the jobs is cool, as is the process of acquiring them. Strider is great too, wish the map was a little better, but it's fun just romping around swooshing my sword.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 3, 2014 4:52 p.m.

Not being on the list doesn't mean its shafted Its most likely because Strider is a successful return to its franchise that we haven't seen for quite a long time, they tend to prefer those over sequels unless said sequels were long overdue. I don't have it, but the people that do have Tropical Freeze love the crap out of it.
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 5:44 p.m.

I guess I also figured that BD wasn't in the race with it's review out last month, but it didn't come out till this month so it makes sense.
  • TheGreyWizard - March 3, 2014 2:31 p.m.

What do you think about march? Is Ground Zeroes going to earn a spot here?
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 3, 2014 2:45 p.m.

If its not a disaster, like February Holy shit the comments are fixed this time!
  • dlam - March 3, 2014 2:20 p.m.

this list is missing niddhogg niddhogg best game ^^^
  • dlam - March 3, 2014 2:23 p.m.

p.s. ^
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 5:47 p.m.

I want that game, but the general vibe I get is that online isn't great, while local multiplayer is perfect, so I'm waiting for a friend to play it with, or a steam sale, whichever comes first. Love the music though.
  • dlam - March 3, 2014 6:15 p.m.

NIDDHOGG BEST NIDDHOGG BEST NIDDHOGG BEST NIDDHOGG BEST NIDDHOGG BEST NIDDHOGG BEST NIDDHOGG BEST yes yes yes
  • melekeddine - March 4, 2014 8:59 a.m.

nidhogg is a decent game but not the best , it is overpriced for a total of 4 levels and repetitive singleplayer yet the multiplayer is good
  • slimjim441 - February 2, 2014 9:46 a.m.

Next month: Runner up - DKCR Tropical Freeze Winner - Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Can't wait.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 2, 2014 8:50 p.m.

Look how that shit end up.
  • Redeater - March 3, 2014 2:19 p.m.

I lol'ed. To be fair, who could have seen that colossal fuck up coming? I mean, http://i.imgur.com/OAdO6cC.jpg Look at that scaling. How is that possible in this day and age??
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 3, 2014 2:51 p.m.

I don't know Regardless, even if a game gives you a good demo, it doesn't mean the whole game is as great these days. Strider Hyrule, Bravely deformed and Tropickle Cheese are the only games that weren't crap and it turned out they were the most ignored in favor of Lords of Failure and Thief4failure. If this keeps up with disasters it'll be 2014: Year of disasters except for Niche and Nintendo
  • slimjim441 - March 3, 2014 5:58 p.m.

Lords of Shadow's letdown was... quite the letdown. I haven't played DKCR yet, but I guess I'll move my pre-order deposit to that and pick it up. And honestly, if Nintendo had a solid year of having notably better releases than anyone else, I would not complain. As long as Metal Gear is still good.
  • LittleGreen - March 27, 2014 5:35 p.m.

I thin you mean DKCTF