• SlowOctopus - December 8, 2014 10:47 a.m.

This list makes me realize how many game I need to play from this year. BTW, I think you have a pic from the first Dark Souls DLC on the page for Dark Souls 2.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - December 8, 2014 10:51 a.m.

*impales self on sword*
  • hestar - December 8, 2014 10:48 a.m.

As someone who had a 30/28/28 in destiny I don't think its the best game of the year by far..for me its FFX ;P
  • UberPyro64 - December 8, 2014 10:50 a.m.

wow really? Destiny? Did Activision pay you for this? That does no where near deserve number 1. For one the multiplayer is garbage and unbalanced as hell especially in the rewards department. The story is extremely disappointing and the game is low on content. Sure more will be added over time but right now that's not the case. The only good thing about the game is the combat but that's not enough to be so fun it deserves GOTY. A game with a lot of problems doesn't deserve it no matter how different/innovative it is.
  • musashi1596 - December 8, 2014 10:52 a.m.

You forgot the important part where we have to pay through the nose for the content that will be added over time
  • bobob101 - December 8, 2014 10:56 a.m.

Personally, I wish South Park and Bravely Default were higher. But also, 3/4 games I play are RPGs of some fashion. The games I spent the most time this year on would have to be Persona and Borderlands. Although this list does make me realize how much of the big games of the year just pass me by.
  • Mooo - December 8, 2014 10:57 a.m.

I appreciate enjoying a broken game which is poorly made, I played a lot of the last two Armored Core games for example and had quite a bit of fun with them, despite the awful story and various other problems the games had. But I would never say they are game of the year and would definitely not pretend all their faults don't exist, that's just dishonest and dare I say unethical. If Destiny is the game of the year, then it's been a very poor year for games.
  • ultimatepunchrod - December 8, 2014 10:57 a.m.

I'm surprised Destiny got the GOTY, but I know you guys really enjoyed it. I played quite a bit of it, and I'd have to say it's not my favorite game this year. It's kind of curious not to see Infamous Second Son on here, but I know people had problems with that one. Anyway, good lineup this year; hopefully everything coming next year is great too.
  • Colenuck - December 8, 2014 10:58 a.m.

Destiny is my game of the year, can it get repetitive? Absolutely, but gameplay wise a game doesn't get anymore solid than this, the music is the best I've heard in years, graphics are fantastic, the multiplayer is incredible and varied. Destiny is not a game you play everyday for 12 hours, you jump in, spend 30-45 minutes doing dailies and maybe a couple hours a week with your raid group, then go about your day. With the massive glut of incredible games out there demanding my attention, the fact that I've played destiny from launch to now (and beyond) says a ton. My only complaint is that they gated a large portion of the lore behind a clumsy system.
  • cobble75 - December 8, 2014 11:05 a.m.

Wow, Destiny huh? I can see it being on this list but nowhere near the top spot. that game just gets too much wrong.
  • taylor31394 - December 8, 2014 11:05 a.m.

I don't believe Game of the Year implies a perfect game. There is by no means a perfect game. Destiny is as a whole, is the most fun game out there this year. An addictive shooter that builds a new world that can grow in years to come. Clearly I haven't played every game on the list, but I can't imagine any other game weaves great Halo esque shooting styles with the addictive RPG elements and a great multiplayer environment. GOTY in my book for sure.
  • Darkhawk - December 8, 2014 11:10 a.m.

Platinum Chalice! Platinum Chalice! I want to know the "Okami Award" winner this year!
  • sephex - December 8, 2014 11:18 a.m.

I'm glad that Destiny wins Game of the Year but Wow has it been a shitty year.
  • BladedFalcon - December 8, 2014 11:27 a.m.

Personally, Shovel Knight is my GotY. Sure, it's not really innovative and it banks on retro nostalgia. But it's just so damn will created and full of personality, it left a bigger impression on me than any AAA game that came out this year. And while I never expected it to win GotY here, I do think it deserves better than the 17th spot, specially when compared to something like child of light, which was certainly original and pretty looking, but not nearly as well put together.
  • winner2 - December 9, 2014 2:35 p.m.

Agreed. Shovel Knight is glorious, it should be higher.
  • bread_or_decide - December 8, 2014 11:34 a.m.

DESTINY? You must be joking.
  • AGPacman - December 8, 2014 11:43 a.m.

Some interesting choices here. For me Dragon Age Inquisition is my GOTY. First game in a while where I think I'll just do a couple of quests, then I look at the clock and its about 2 hours later. Already put about 70 hours into it and still have more to go.
  • Divine Paladin - December 8, 2014 11:44 a.m.

I smell clickbait.
  • Divine Paladin - December 8, 2014 11:46 a.m.

I also love the convenient back-to-back Destiny Dark Below DLC that popped up for me just now. Luck of the draw, but still hilarious. Like this list!
  • GR_LucasSullivan - December 8, 2014 1:14 p.m.

Oh you
  • Divine Paladin - December 8, 2014 1:33 p.m.

Easy joke, I know. You get back what you put in, guys.