• AeQuitas28 - December 10, 2014 4:28 p.m.

destiny and Dragon Age 1 and 2...... I wish I would've started reading there, to save time by ignoring the rest of the article. Maybe Top 2 for most disappointing but GOtY? Crazy.
  • McEd - December 10, 2014 3:48 p.m.

I wish i was playing the same destiny they were playing, because the one I was playing was mediocre and did not sound nearly as exciting as they put it.
  • sweetchiliheat - December 10, 2014 2:16 p.m.

My personal GOTY would be Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm Curtain Call. It's definitely a niche title, and won't appeal to everyone, but I love playing it. I've put more hours into it than any other game this year. That being said, I've been too busy with school to even try the newer games that came out in Nov & Dec, so this year I'm a little biased towards games released earlier in the year. I'd also like to commend GR on putting Destiny at #1. I personally don't agree with the decision, and I know many others feel the same way. But despite all the potential backlash, you guys went and stayed true to your beliefs. I applaud you for not letting your fan base get the best of you!
  • josh-coats - December 10, 2014 9:41 a.m.

Does this list not include PC exclusives? If not, then I find the omission of Divinity: Original Sin to be surprising.
  • universaltofu - December 10, 2014 12:13 p.m.

They didn't ever review it, they gave the one from last year a 'great' though.
  • profile0000 - December 10, 2014 8:41 a.m.

I was surprised to see Destiny at the top spot. Not because I think it doesn't deserve it, but because I didn't think a lot of the GR+ staff played it. I only remember Houghton reviewed it and a couple people talking about it on RadioRadar. Looks like more staffers liked it than I thought! I totally understand people hating the game for its "lack" of content, almost nonexistent storyline, and brutal loot system, but man, if you have a couple of friends and all decide to co-op it together Destiny can be absolutely fantastic. It's such a great way to just sit back, have some colorful shootouts, and chill with some friends. Considering how many classes I skipped this semester for Destiny, I would have to agree with it being in the top spot on this list.
  • through.the.key.hole - December 9, 2014 10:49 p.m.

After reading this list I'm trying to decide what my number 1 pick would be. I tried to play as many of the newer gamessage as possible but $60 a pop is tough on the wallet. I really enjoyed The Evil Within but there were some serious story problems and it wasn't really scary... just incredibly gory. I like Watch Dogs quite a bit but I think it needed to be a little more refined. Assassin's Creed Unity just frustrated me more than anything even though I still think it's a step back in the right direction. I honestly think the best gaming experience I had all year was P.T. I was completely mesmerized at how completely I was brought into that world... not to mentioned how terrified I was to turn the corner in that damn hallway. I think P.T. is the most revolutionary thing the game industry has ever seen. Think about the doors that this has opened and the creativity this will inspire. It was a spectacle of both marketing and design. Hands down the best thing to happen to gaming this year!!!!
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2014 11:26 p.m.

I haven't played yet, but P.T impresses me from all I've seen of it. Having the one hallway leaves so much room for detail, but because the designers didn't want to give away that it was coming from a big name studio they notched things down in some respects. So you get this perfect level of imperfection. The constant descending steps before each loop, its subtle and smart.
  • edward-la-guardia - December 9, 2014 4:52 p.m.

Destiny at number 1? No, no, no...you guys must have been loaded when you wrote that. Not to mention putting Alien: Isolation so high and putting Mario Kart 8 and Shovel Knight so low.
  • DarknessFisT - December 9, 2014 1:57 p.m.

Did not expect Dragon Age Inquisition to be the best RPG but did it actually have any competition???
  • Jacko415 - December 9, 2014 5:39 p.m.

Dark Souls 2
  • josh-coats - December 10, 2014 9:49 a.m.

Dark Souls 2 is an action game that people claim is an RPG because fantasy. The RPG competition for DA:I this year was Bravely Default, Divinity: Original Sin, South Park, and Child of Light.
  • brickman409 - December 9, 2014 1:44 p.m.

I just realized that you guys changed the name of the site to Gamesradar+ and now there's a section for movies and TV. It's like this place is turning into IGN. It's not a huge deal, but still kind of lame.
  • tuomotaivainen - December 9, 2014 11:04 a.m.

Lol go figure Destiny won. I wonder how much of that $500 million went towards buying out Gamesratard to promote yet another FPS title.
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 9, 2014 11:39 a.m.

Roughly $0. Thanks for commenting.
  • GOD - December 10, 2014 12:26 a.m.

While I greatly disagree with Destiny getting top spot, I'm not consumed by confirmation bias to the point of even thinking for a moment there were payoffs. People don't go into games jarnilism for the (nonexistent) money but because the enjoy writing about games. Kudos for keeping your cool. With that being said, perhaps a GR+ community poll for GOTY would provide a more constructive outlet for people to state their favorites rather than rant about what numbers they disagree with? It could be a Platinum Chalice Award for "most highly rated by people who visit this specific site" or something along those lines. It would probably have more involvement from the sites normal traffic than just the vocal minority.
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 10, 2014 1:21 a.m.

Yup - watch the site today... We're opening the debate to you guys.
  • GOD - December 10, 2014 1:27 a.m.

GR+ showing its true colors. You've been in the pocket of big community all along.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - December 9, 2014 9:48 a.m.

The Platinum Chalice Awards were better.