• DrXela - December 10, 2014 4:42 p.m.

Lol Dragon Age and Destiny first and second. What a joke.
  • bret-miller - December 13, 2014 3:31 p.m.

Dragon Age is incredible. It's one of the first games I've played in a while that is not only worth the $60 price tag, but also feels like a complete game. They could release no DLC and I wouldn't care.
  • Appendix - December 19, 2014 2:23 p.m.

Indeed..must've been bribed by EA to give this for disappointment DAI. Such high hopes had for it after Eaware promised that it would bring DA series to Pc gamers like they had with Dragon Age Origins..So many good features missing from DAI that DAO had and tac cam is such silly piece of carbage :/ Made a mistake when pre ordered and should've started reading community's feedback from Bioware's DAI forums before pre ordered..Lately been following some good thread's there and great DA veteran fan comments there. Sure Eaware brought have given some patches now,but not even close enough to make DAI to be playable / enjoyable and to be part of top 3 games. - 34y old Disappointed long time Rpg's & Bioware "Eaware now" fan -
  • AeQuitas28 - December 10, 2014 4:28 p.m.

destiny and Dragon Age 1 and 2...... I wish I would've started reading there, to save time by ignoring the rest of the article. Maybe Top 2 for most disappointing but GOtY? Crazy.
  • McEd - December 10, 2014 3:48 p.m.

I wish i was playing the same destiny they were playing, because the one I was playing was mediocre and did not sound nearly as exciting as they put it.
  • sweetchiliheat - December 10, 2014 2:16 p.m.

My personal GOTY would be Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm Curtain Call. It's definitely a niche title, and won't appeal to everyone, but I love playing it. I've put more hours into it than any other game this year. That being said, I've been too busy with school to even try the newer games that came out in Nov & Dec, so this year I'm a little biased towards games released earlier in the year. I'd also like to commend GR on putting Destiny at #1. I personally don't agree with the decision, and I know many others feel the same way. But despite all the potential backlash, you guys went and stayed true to your beliefs. I applaud you for not letting your fan base get the best of you!
  • profile0000 - December 10, 2014 8:41 a.m.

I was surprised to see Destiny at the top spot. Not because I think it doesn't deserve it, but because I didn't think a lot of the GR+ staff played it. I only remember Houghton reviewed it and a couple people talking about it on RadioRadar. Looks like more staffers liked it than I thought! I totally understand people hating the game for its "lack" of content, almost nonexistent storyline, and brutal loot system, but man, if you have a couple of friends and all decide to co-op it together Destiny can be absolutely fantastic. It's such a great way to just sit back, have some colorful shootouts, and chill with some friends. Considering how many classes I skipped this semester for Destiny, I would have to agree with it being in the top spot on this list.
  • edward-la-guardia - December 9, 2014 4:52 p.m.

Destiny at number 1? No, no, no...you guys must have been loaded when you wrote that. Not to mention putting Alien: Isolation so high and putting Mario Kart 8 and Shovel Knight so low.
  • DarknessFisT - December 9, 2014 1:57 p.m.

Did not expect Dragon Age Inquisition to be the best RPG but did it actually have any competition???
  • Jacko415 - December 9, 2014 5:39 p.m.

Dark Souls 2
  • josh-coats - December 10, 2014 9:49 a.m.

Dark Souls 2 is an action game that people claim is an RPG because fantasy. The RPG competition for DA:I this year was Bravely Default, Divinity: Original Sin, South Park, and Child of Light.
  • brickman409 - December 9, 2014 1:44 p.m.

I just realized that you guys changed the name of the site to Gamesradar+ and now there's a section for movies and TV. It's like this place is turning into IGN. It's not a huge deal, but still kind of lame.
  • tuomotaivainen - December 9, 2014 11:04 a.m.

Lol go figure Destiny won. I wonder how much of that $500 million went towards buying out Gamesratard to promote yet another FPS title.
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 9, 2014 11:39 a.m.

Roughly $0. Thanks for commenting.
  • GOD - December 10, 2014 12:26 a.m.

While I greatly disagree with Destiny getting top spot, I'm not consumed by confirmation bias to the point of even thinking for a moment there were payoffs. People don't go into games jarnilism for the (nonexistent) money but because the enjoy writing about games. Kudos for keeping your cool. With that being said, perhaps a GR+ community poll for GOTY would provide a more constructive outlet for people to state their favorites rather than rant about what numbers they disagree with? It could be a Platinum Chalice Award for "most highly rated by people who visit this specific site" or something along those lines. It would probably have more involvement from the sites normal traffic than just the vocal minority.
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 10, 2014 1:21 a.m.

Yup - watch the site today... We're opening the debate to you guys.
  • GOD - December 10, 2014 1:27 a.m.

GR+ showing its true colors. You've been in the pocket of big community all along.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - December 9, 2014 9:48 a.m.

The Platinum Chalice Awards were better.