Topics

Best games

• RSQViper - June 2, 2014 10:32 a.m.

How in the actual fuck did Watch_Dogs beat out Mario Kart 8? Played both and MK is far superior, not to mention the bugs WD is riddled with. Its pathetic the job Ubisoft did with it up to release. It's so empty in comparison. MK8 is way better. Crazy.
  • db1331 - June 2, 2014 1:41 p.m.

The only logical explanation for Watch Dogs winning best game of May is if Watch Dogs were the only game released in May.
  • Vonter - June 2, 2014 10:06 p.m.

I suppose the logic is behind which game has more bang for your buck (no pun intended). Still for fun's sake I think Mario Kart is the superior game in that regard. WatchDogs looks fine, has more things to do, but it also looks very derivative, and it doesn't help that it's only good enough, after all the hype it got. Still I hope Ubisoft releases a Wii U version since it could only add diversity to the console and well... it's waiting for the MK 8 hype to build a larger install base.
  • Waldo - June 3, 2014 12:35 p.m.

Got to chime in here and agree that MK 8 is just more fun than Watch Dogs. I don't think I have run into any bugs on the Xbone yet, but there is something kind of lack luster about the game. Maybe we expected too much from Watch Dogs. It is a pretty decent open world action game with lots to do and see. MK on the other hand just looks more upbeat and fun and gives me a real "one more race" kind of excitement. Ya, definitely a good leap forward.
  • Clovin64 - May 1, 2014 8:03 a.m.

I've only actually bought 3 games this year so far; Bravely Default, Dark Souls 2 and Castlevania LoS2. Bravely was awesome, though a lot of repetition near the end brings it down a little for me. Just a little. Dark Souls 2 is my least favourite out of the 3 Souls games, but its still better than 90% of other games on the market right now. Lords of Shadow 2 sucked ass.
  • AvianFlew - April 30, 2014 9:42 p.m.

South Park is better than it had any right to be, but it's gonna take something pretty amazing to dethrone Bravely Default for me. That game is something I didn't even know I was waiting for for the last 15 years.
  • Redhood40 - April 30, 2014 2:10 p.m.

Really? No Second Son? I have played the crap out of that game and i still cry. Especially the Evil Ending. The Good Ending makes you sad but the Evil ending.....
  • Cadavra41 - May 1, 2014 5:07 a.m.

Second Son was fun but certainly not worth of a best game of 2014. Especially considering it had to go up against South Park: The Stick of Truth and Dark Souls 2, both of which are longer and overall stronger titles.
  • Plus1Play - April 4, 2014 1:17 p.m.

This year has been and probably will continue to be awesome game-wise! Though South Park is probably a team favorite over here right now, it is too hilarious to put down.
  • PootyT - April 2, 2014 7:10 a.m.

Banner Saga FTW
  • universaltofu - April 1, 2014 6:32 p.m.

Loved both of these, getting some time in with Diablo 3 before jumping back in to Dark Souls 2 for a new character that's more magic based. I had a great time dual wielding though!
  • Shigeruken - April 1, 2014 3:19 a.m.

I was looking forward to the PC release of Dark Souls 2, but good old Bandai has decided it should be 72 USD on steam in NZ, which is over my 15% regional markup allowance. If I can get it super cheap somewhere I might still try it out, but I think I'll probably wait for a gmg sale or something.
  • Jacko415 - April 30, 2014 5:25 p.m.

Thats just plain messed up. It was only 45 USD in the states...
  • Redeater - March 31, 2014 11:44 p.m.

I'm loving the shit out of Dark Souls 2. I'm already on my second play through. I'm still amazed people point to this game as "hardcore hard". Most of the bosses have an easy work around and if you can't do it yourself they give you the option of online help. By far the worst boss for me was Medusa. I'm not going to spoil anything but she killed me a few times before I killed her......and then after I finished the game I found out a certain tidbit. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!! Also, is there anything more satisfying than playing a grueling level, only to be summoned by some fuck-ass to a duel, and then kick his ass???
  • winner2 - June 3, 2014 5:34 a.m.

Holy shit, you did the medusa fight that way? I salute you, whatever the circumstances. But yeah, I felt it wasn't as hard as the previous 2 games, but maybe that's just because I'm not new to the series. Now, I don't know if you've beaten lost sinner ng+ yet....but seriously, fuck From for their decision on that.
  • shawksta - March 31, 2014 6:44 p.m.

>Not praising the sun Both games were awesome, Dark Souls 2 improved the original nicely. I liked Ground Zeroes too, it IS a overpriced Demo, but it was neat. Im interesting in what direction Kojima will take it. Also context of Peace Walker is needed for clarity.
  • JachAnen - April 2, 2014 1:18 a.m.

By calling Ground Zero's a demo, like many other people do, I'm beginning to think that people forgot what demo's were. Ground Zero's takes longer than any demo I know of, which makes it okay to call it a game and charge for it. It's campaign is about half the playtime of many games today (except RPG's of course), making it's lower price almost okay, as it should be a little cheaper. But calling it an overpriced demo, just shows you know nothing of demo's, which I blame the developers for since they often cut the demo's nowadays, sadly.
  • shawksta - April 2, 2014 9:53 a.m.

True point but there are current demoes that last long and give you the benefits of playing the actual game, Bravely Default comes to mind.
  • TheGooseinator - April 30, 2014 7:03 p.m.

So does State of Decay. The "demo" is just two hour segment of the regular game.
  • BladedFalcon - March 31, 2014 5:40 p.m.

Praise the motherfucking sun! Yeah, I was a bit afraid that Henry and Cooper's whining might have kept Dark Souls II from occupying it's well earned place as game of the month. Glad to see common sense ultimately won out however ^^ Aside from the fact that yeah, boss designs are kinda underwhelming, I'm having a blast with the game, and I'm in shock of how fucking bigger it is compared to the first DS. I'm close to 90 hours and I'm STILL not done. Also, no other series in gaming creates true skill as the souls series does. Comparing how much of a wimp I was when I started, to how I can hold my own pretty damn well against increasingly difficult foes (and not really due to being overpowered in-game so much as it's just newfound skill and tactics.) is a feeling no other series can quite deliver.