Topics

Best games

• _--_ - October 31, 2014 1:01 p.m.

--IDK about alien isolation being THE BEST game this month --and I think "the evil within" deserves atleast runner up for October
  • Jackonomics2.0 - October 31, 2014 2:21 p.m.

Evil within still sucks as a game, it just has a new gimmick of horror that's fresh. A new concept doesn't redeem an average not so wow game
  • _--_ - October 31, 2014 3:07 p.m.

--nah --its one of the better games for October --gimmicky? --what gimmicks?
  • homestar99 - November 6, 2014 7 a.m.

The fact that it likes to pretend it's Survival Horror by giving you a few stealth sections with the stealth mechanics that were pretty much mandatory to put in and that they give you incredibly limited ammo. Aside from that it's Resident Evil 4 with a boring protagonist and zero sense of self awareness. Funny how one of the more Survival Horror-like parts in the game was the Hospital at the beginning. Funny how that was also what was showed off in the games E3 trailer.
  • _--_ - November 6, 2014 10:58 a.m.

--thats not gimmicks --thats basic genre mechanics --a gimmick is a 'trick'(that tricks people into buying a product~basically a lie) --for example --smartphone commercials(especially Apple) --you know those ridiculous ipad commercials? --were it looks like you can use an ipad to do ALL THESE AMAZING THINGS --thats 'gimmicks' heres a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiyIcz7wUH0 --people buy an ipad --and then ALL THEY DO is surf the web and play farm games(and use regular ole apps)
  • homestar99 - November 6, 2014 5:21 p.m.

Alright. That's fair. Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11xX5Q2iNZQ&list=UUqg5FCR7NrpvlBWMXdt-5Vg
  • _--_ - November 6, 2014 7:55 p.m.

--i loved RE4 --im telling you --over the next 100 years --"the evil within" will stay in the top 25 horror survival game lists(and continued to be purchased and played) --whereas --games like ALL the games coming out this holiday season --will all be forgotten in time --its not the BEST --its just got that 'classic' thing --that makes a game 'hang around' over time --shadow of mordor is a goddamned joke --and destiny is this generation's Perfect Dark Zero --that game was ALL THE RAGE(in its day) --you probably havent ever even heard of it --and you surely dont remember the hype --but --yeah --the games coming out these days --the stuff is all SO GODDAMNED 'forgettable"
  • homestar99 - November 7, 2014 6:45 a.m.

I do actually know what Perfect Dark Zero is. It was the Xbox 360 sequel to the original Xbox's Perfect Dark. It was hyped up and the final product was a mediocre pile of shit pancakes. So yeah, that sounds a lot like Destiny. If you feel that The Evil Within will stay in the limelight of great Survival Horror than it might. I know Resident Evil 4 will. And while the games are forgettable, not every game can be Silent Hill 2 or Shadow of the Colossus. But time will tell. The Evil Within just wasn't the game that I and others wanted it to be. Unarmed, alone, and easily harmed. That's what I wanted. As it stands the game is alright. If anything I wish the protagonist would actually react while in gameplay. Maybe I'd feel more scared if my character wasn't cold silent with no emotion toward the horrific monstrosities before him.
  • _--_ - November 7, 2014 11:38 a.m.

--well~if you have the time and money to play ALL the games thats great --when I was your age HONESTLY about the only game i played was street fighter 2/mortal kombat --and then the annual NFL and NBA sports games(you know home console social gaming with a friend or 2 was what i always aimed for) --id squeeze in a few games here and there(zelda and a few other solo adventure games) --but --i was just getting my wings(as I was getting well started into puberty) --and by the time i was 14-15 i was already running away from home and shit(of course my parents would come and drag me back by my ear) --so yeah --enjoy as many games as you can --but remember --the world is huge --and --if you can find a best friend --go out there and get into some trouble(just dont do anything that will get you in jail) hahah
  • homestar99 - November 7, 2014 5:18 p.m.

I don't have the money. I do have time though. I mostly borrow my friends copies of games. But I have never tried to live a little in the slightest. I'm 14 and in Hawaii, so my options are limited. We don't have local hangouts or clubs and all the big entertainment venues to escape to are twenty miles away in other cities. That, and I'm not exactly liked very much in the real world. But I will try to take your advice Grady McAlistar. I mean, _--_.
  • _--_ - November 7, 2014 10:35 p.m.

--agh --dont worry about things(like straight up fucking FUCK IT ALL) --the next 10 years of your life --are gonna be the best part of your life --when youre old --youre gonna look back --and you wanna be able to say --"yeah --i really fucked that shit up~i couldnt did any worse if i tried" --I grew up rural as hell --but i had 2 real close friends(and 2 or 3 buds) --and man --from the ages of 15-20 --i really messed my life up haha --and --i dont regret a minute of it --if i could go back? --id do it all different --but --id still be ripping something in two --just something --get it out(or youll catch yourself on the lawn yelling at kids before youre 30) --but like i said --dont get put in jail(thats sorta the 'governor' of the life lesson) --dont get a record --just plan on getting into your early 20s --and screwing that all up --and then when you hit your mid 20s --you can start cleaning up --and then when youre 45 --you can just cry all day --and wish you didnt truly~truly~understand what the human 'maturation' process means(seriously youre gonna mature just like a piece of cheese) --just enjoy that youre only 14 --you have your entire future in front of you --you can do whatever you want --you can be an astronaut~DR~kung fu trainer~pilot --or --whatever --just breath in and say --"fuck you bent up early teen angst --youre not my boss" --and go out and do something stupid with the only person your age that you know --make plans to go see a show --and then throw a tomato at a crappy act haha
  • homestar99 - November 8, 2014 7:01 a.m.

I'll do that, man! Thanks for the words of inspiration.
  • universaltofu - October 31, 2014 12:22 p.m.

Been having weekly wolf among us sessions playing through each chapter with a friend, first played nice, and now for the second playthrough have gone as mean as we can be, frogs are getting slapped, arms ripped off, and trees burned down. Still need to finish walking dead season two. Hit level 30 in destiny, down for the dlc even if it isn't super expansive in every way. Started up a titan and the instakill melee after running is one of my favorite things ever. Also have gotten some time in on Alien isolation and really impressed by it, never has hiding under a table looking at a radar been so terrifyingly terrific.
  • filip-hawke-rebic - October 20, 2014 2:38 p.m.

Divinity: Original Sin no competition :D
  • steve-gad - October 15, 2014 1:07 p.m.

I'm assuming this list was put together by a 9 year old. Am I right? Not trying to trigger cognitive dissonance in you, but not all gamers are pre-pubescent PS4 owners.
  • Tasty_Wind - October 4, 2014 5:42 p.m.

For me, Telltale Games' the Walking Dead can be best described as so: The first season was like going to some hole-in-the-wall restaurant, ordering the steak, and lo and behold, it's the best steak you've ever had, we're talking truly amazing. The second season is like going back to the restaurant, and ordering the steak again, because you know it's good, and it still is really good. Hell, it's amazing, but you already expected it to be amazing.
  • sebastian-howells - October 1, 2014 2:42 p.m.

In my opinion there really hasn't been that many great games this year, the only notable ones I consider great are Shadow of Mordor and Destiny. My blog http://paragongaming.blogspot.co.uk/ if anyone is interested.
  • homestar99 - September 30, 2014 6:13 p.m.

Nothing good has come out this year at all! Especially if we're calling something like Destiny game of the month!
  • alexandre-bret - September 4, 2014 11:41 a.m.

Boooooooooring
  • freeden - September 2, 2014 2:35 a.m.

A lot of people have criticized the second season of Walking Dead, but even the story this season just went so far beyond what a lot of games accomplish. And the fact that there were actually some fairly distinctive endings to choose from made it that much better. You truly got to determine where Clem's path went. It's still a shame the game is so rigid in terms of story. That bothered me about season one. I realise that there's a story to be told, but I would like to see Telltale take a leap forward and truly give us a branching story. Plus, a branching story that went in several different directions throughout the season would give a real reason for replayability besides just enjoying the story again.
  • Vader82 - September 1, 2014 1:41 a.m.

Never played Mario Kart yet but I can guarantee its the best up there.
  • patrick-mcquaid - August 29, 2014 11:20 a.m.

Five Nights At Freddy's for the game of the month of August, personally. This game was one of the most uniquely terrifying experiences I've had all year. I love the subtle story telling, as well as the trial and error gameplay as you learn the mechanics of the game. The atmosphere and sound are absolutely chilling. I've never been so stressed out by a game for all the right reason. You cannot beat the $5 asking price and any shortcomings the game has such as it's replay value and repetitive gameplay is offset by the price tag. 5$ for 2-4 hours of one of the most terrifying games I've played in quote some time
  • RSQViper - September 2, 2014 7:18 a.m.

Played it and disagree. It's unique, I guess but overly-simple. I could not put this at any type of "Game of the ____" status. It's jump scares only, a thin story, somewhat frustrating decisions on controls & awfully optimized for PC (seriously I can't change aspect ratio, set any setting at all, no audio, nothing?). It's a cool little Indie and that's really all it is.
  • nintendo365 - August 1, 2014 11:48 a.m.

How is Watch_Dogs a "Best of 2014"? "Most Advertising of 2014" sure, but "Best" is a stretch.
  • chris-k - August 4, 2014 10:19 a.m.

Agreed. I wouldn't even say stretch. Watchdogs had to be one of the most hyped up games with no guts I've ever seen. It's got the functionality of gta 3 with terrible driving physics, and lack of variety in game play. A mildly entertaining story line (with the understanding that you can't expect much from a video game story line)
  • nintendo365 - August 4, 2014 11:23 a.m.

I literally predicted EVERYTHING that happened in the last 3 missions. The story was soooo fucking cliche its ridiculous.