We Recommend

• Bloodstorm - March 29, 2013 6:59 p.m.

"We're not sure Infinite trumps the original BioShock--only time will be able to tell if the complex, brilliant story has the lasting power of Rapture's tale of a crumbling dystopia" Really? Have you played Bioshock lately? It does not live up to nostalgia. It was great, but the 'main quest' was short (and relatively narrative free) and instead most of it was found through exploration and audio logs. So, in my opinion, it sure as heck trumps Bioshock. Trumps it in spades.
  • Redeater - May 31, 2013 8:47 p.m.

Hmm. You are welcome to your opinion but I would have to disagree. I won't even remotely pretend to understand how being spoon fed a narrative is somehow superior to one found through exploration and personal experience...but whatever. I play B1 and B2 a couple times a year and still find that they hold up much better over other games.....(L.A. Noire). Like I said, your opinion is your opinion but I still love the shit out of the originals.
  • Bloodstorm - May 31, 2013 9:32 p.m.

I didn't say they are good games, I'm just saying, Bioshock 1 was pretty thin on the narrative. I played through it 2 days before Infinite came out. Main story was weak in retrospect. But, I am an oddity that thought the story in Bioshock 2 was better than the first as well. More emotionally moving and connected. You never really cared about Jack and his connection to Ryan and Fontaine.
  • Redeater - May 31, 2013 11:43 p.m.

Ah, alright I get that. Strangely, I'm probably one of the only people who think Bioshock 2 was the best one in the series! Well, there's no accounting for taste. :)
  • Bloodstorm - June 1, 2013 6:52 a.m.

It's been several years since I played Bioshock 2, so I'm fuzzy on it anymore. I did think it was better than the original. I felt more connected to it, especially the Little Sisters, because the way they trusted you instantly. I was never one to go the evil route anyways, but I definitely never could in the second game.
  • shawksta - March 29, 2013 6:06 p.m.

Expected Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite, gonna get to Infinite eventually. Im currently loving the living crap out of Weegee
  • garnsr - March 29, 2013 5:49 p.m.

You mean Ni no Kuni, not No no Kuni.