• psycho ninja 4 - March 15, 2012 1 a.m.

I started playing DCUO last 2 months ago and i've been playing the shit out of it. Its really fun.
  • johnnyd1988 - March 15, 2012 1:13 a.m.

cool ^_^, PC or PS3?
  • psycho ninja 4 - March 27, 2012 1:52 a.m.

PC
  • jmcgrotty - March 15, 2012 9:13 a.m.

Considering that no MUD's are listed on here, when in reality, they would make up all top 10 places on their own, this list has no credibility at all.
  • FemJesse - March 15, 2012 6:14 p.m.

Yea cause everyone knows Gemstone III is the best MMO...
  • jmcgrotty - March 16, 2012 11:59 a.m.

(Ignoring your sarcasm...) Gemstone 3 is no longer worthwhile, you're right. But that's because Gemstone 4 has been released. Even saying that, though, all the Gemstones suck and have sucked for years. Kudos for at least knowing it does exist, though. But, for every Gemstone that falls apart, you have Malevolence or Realm Of The Dragon. Even for more whimsical fun, but with a bunch of asshats running it, is Rubberoom. Luckily, there are over 1200 other MUDs out there and (almost) all of them are free, offering better storyline and gameplay than anything on this list. And theey are always advancing and improving, as long as the player base wants to. Let's compare: A Lord Of The Rings game? There are at least 27 MUDs that directly fit the bill and tons of copycats. A DC Comics game? There are at least 4 MUDs that are based on the DCU. Dungeons & Dragons MUD? Too many to even count. Superhero MUD? At least 23, including the DC ones and a fair number of Marvel ones. Everquest; Runes Of Magic; Free Realms? Since those are all generic genre games, there are hundreds and hundreds of options. I won't even count the number of Star Wars-based ones. The best part of it all is that, if a game genre excites you, but a specific MUD annoys the hell out of you, you can find another one with the same general gameplay but a crowd more atuned to your style of play. Seriously, there are very, very few negatives about MUDs (and I would say "no negatives" but won't hold myself to that by saying it), especially when compared to the ones on this list.
  • FemJesse - April 1, 2012 1:54 a.m.

I thought it went without saying that the list was only mentioning modern MMOs. You know, the kind with graphics. I would consider MUDs to be their own genre at this point... Again there are those who would expand the genre to include MOBAs and Dungeon Crawlers as well. Multi-user, and multi-player is different in nature than "Massively." , Where would you pin Furcadia and Dragonspires? An MMO, a MUD, a GMUD or a glorified chat room.
  • theguyinthecloset - March 15, 2012 12:50 p.m.

Who can say no to a squirrel with a mohawk?
  • Mason0567 - March 15, 2012 5:44 p.m.

League of Legends???
  • FemJesse - March 15, 2012 6:13 p.m.

League of Legends isn't an MMO its a MOBA...
  • talleyXIV - March 15, 2012 7:01 p.m.

DC Universe is so boring, I got to level 26 and could go no farther. If you do not have friends that like this game, do not play it. I have two of my best friends on it and it still could not keep me interested.
  • fatlady333 - March 15, 2012 7:53 p.m.

Next time on the list Raiderz
  • FriendlyFire - March 15, 2012 9:13 p.m.

How in hell did Star Trek Online not make the list? It might not be mind-blowing, but it's certainly good. And it's Star Trek.
  • lemur - March 16, 2012 9:02 a.m.

How about runescape? I'm not sure if it's still popular but I remember a time where everyone was playing it.
  • ThundaGawd - March 16, 2012 2:06 p.m.

I'm genuinely surprised to finally see Vindictus getting the recognition it deserves O.o
  • ElwoodFiore - March 16, 2012 2:33 p.m.

Tibia has zelda style dungeon crawling and its free. It has premium features that are fairly cheap aswell. And its been around for 15years. That should of made the list for lasting that long.
  • febox - March 19, 2012 1:05 a.m.

Funny list, I bet the author never played more than 30 minutes with these.
  • awsomedude11 - March 19, 2012 12:24 p.m.

i laughed so hard when i saw free realms on the list LOL, Its a fucking kids game damnit.
  • nintendo365 - July 11, 2012 11:12 a.m.

Screw what anyone says, MapleStory is an awesome mmo. Constant new classes and an epic story make it awesome.
  • Elitepwnsface - November 15, 2012 11:07 a.m.

I have yet to play a free to play mmo for more than a day.
  • laurenhiya21 - November 15, 2012 6:52 p.m.

I haven't tried most of these, but I really need to give Vindictus a go sometime (if my computer can handle it...) Maybe Aion as well, as I have been interested in it before it went F2P...
  • LordEvan88 - November 15, 2012 6:56 p.m.

If you aren't sure how it will work as a F2P game, why put TOR on the list of best F2P MMOs at all? Seems like you should wait a few days, actually play it, make a proper assessment of the game and then determine whether or not it even belongs on the list.