Topics

Best FPS

• PReNDeL21 - June 26, 2012 7:24 p.m.

What? No Killzone 2?
  • Flashinthepan - July 12, 2012 3:21 p.m.

My response as well. Best objective based multiplayer, for my money, with a nice dose of customization. K2- match customization+ better balancing= K3.
  • CaptainFox77 - June 26, 2012 7:03 p.m.

Good list very good i was waiting for 1 or 2 to be something stupid like COD Black ops or COD MW3.
  • td-gon - June 26, 2012 6:57 p.m.

I still play BattleField 2142 every now n then since it came out. It is one of my clans busiest servers!
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 26, 2012 6:49 p.m.

I will agree on the bits about halo and battlefield but to say mw1 is the best cod is just coming from people who forgot to take of their nostalgic goggles. also team fortress 2 has too much lag and the mouse is too sensitive. no way it should have the top spot perhaps black ops??? just a thought
  • Galaxy010 - June 26, 2012 7:06 p.m.

I get that you like Black Ops and all, I do too, but to say CoD4 is the best CoD isn't just looking through "nostalgia goggles." CoD4 had its fair share of problems, like M16 and x3 Frag, but CoD4 just FEELS the best out of any CoD, pace-wise. Black Ops tends to be rather campy and slow, probably not because of the game's fault (although Ghost was very OP), but because its a post-MW2 CoD and so has all the 12-year olds, noobs, etc on it. CoD4 wasn't burdened with that community, and so is much more enjoyable to play. Plus it had fantastic maps. Okay, there were a few GARBAGE ones (I'm lookin at you Wetwork!), but the maps as a whole were great. Of course, this is all imo, but I'm not trying to convince you that CoD4 is better than Black Ops, but rather that it IS a very valid choice.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - June 28, 2012 5:26 a.m.

I wouldn't say there were any bad maps in CoD4. Even 'district' was far superior to the crap we're served in the newer games.
  • ThatOneHobo - June 26, 2012 7:21 p.m.

Alright, you do know that both the problems you listed are almost guaranteed to be your fault? You can change Mouse sensivity, and the lag is probably because you play on consoles and have a crap computer/internet connection. TF2 or CS were the clear victors of this top ten, I predicted it when I saw the link to this page. and to replace them with anything, let alone Black Ops? Ridiculous. And we get it, you LOOOOVE black ops and can't stand CoD 4 to be on this list because apparently Black Ops was SOO revolutionary. How can you even claim that MW is less revolutionary than Black Ops? CoD 4 is what spawned Activision's yearly CoD rehashes because it was so successful. Without CoD 4, Black Ops wouldn't exist. Seriously, quit making yourself look foolish.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 27, 2012 1:10 p.m.

i just give up on talking to you retards. mw1 had only 5 camoflauges while black ops had around 20 or cant you count. there was no red dot sight because there was pink blue green yellow and red dot sights with different reticiles as well. you could change the look of your person and everything. and as for tf2 the artwork is horrib;le like the gameplay but counterstrike is a good game so i will not knock that decision gamesradar.
  • Condor - June 26, 2012 8:19 p.m.

I made an account just to respond to this. You can't dismiss TF2 just because you couldn't get the adjustments right and you generally have to find a server with a low latency. The first modern warfare was the best because there wasn't an obsession with killstreaks and almost all weapons except the shotgun were balanced.
  • DM MonkeyMan - June 26, 2012 6:45 p.m.

Yep that's a good list, for multiplayer shooters anyway, but I still think Halo 2 had better multiplayer than Halo 3.
  • dowmein - June 26, 2012 6:40 p.m.

But BFBC2 didn't even have mods. Also BF1942 was still the best designed and had the most content of all the BF games and wasn't nearly as buggy or broken as the other games.
  • Z-man427 - June 26, 2012 6:31 p.m.

I'm not a fan of First Person games, but I'm finally getting around to Bioshock. Really digging it.
  • Eaglelives - June 26, 2012 6:23 p.m.

Oh you were so close - but you put Source in instead of 1.6 and that's just a mistake. You do know Office is in 1.6? And was there first? I'd also disagree on best CoD - CoD1 is still magnificent, though 4 is excellent. Pity about the sequels.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 26, 2012 6:45 p.m.

and another idiotic comment
  • Person5 - June 26, 2012 9:29 p.m.

yup, because people post opinions that aren't their own, they are idiotic. Y'know, while I'm responding to you (because I have nothing better to do) tell me, did you REALLY have to surround your name in xx's? I bet there was already another CaPTiiN_SpAiiN on here, you maid sure to get your name by surrounding it in xx's, is that right? I've never understood doing that to your name, it looks stupid and makes you seem like you're 12 years old. So while this became a post to make fun of you, I actually want to hear your opinion on this matter.
  • GrandTheftAuto - June 27, 2012 1:56 a.m.

Hahaha way to go Person!!
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 27, 2012 6:43 a.m.

yes because putting a number next to your name DEFINITELY doesent make it look retarted. the reason i said it was idiotic was because its a comment you hear everywhere made by people who cant accept change and if you cant take the heat dont play the game
  • winner2 - June 27, 2012 8:26 a.m.

I don't think you have good chances of sounding smart or winning an argument against anyone, just my two cents
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 27, 2012 1:14 p.m.

there is no chance in sounding intelligent you either are or aren't so nice fail there :D
  • winner2 - June 27, 2012 5:05 p.m.

I think you just proved my point