Topics

Best FPS

• winner2 - June 27, 2012 8:11 a.m.

Bioshock
  • nokeisoka - June 27, 2012 8:29 a.m.

Incredibly happy with tf2s spot :)
  • GeneralLeeStupid - June 27, 2012 5:39 p.m.

i personally think hl2 should have its spot though, it should be 2nd
  • treeroy - February 10, 2014 3:11 p.m.

This is a list of MULTIPLAYER games.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 27, 2012 10:09 a.m.

Halo was much better before all the armor abilities. I'm also kinda sad that Doom 2 wasn't on here.
  • Y2Ken - June 27, 2012 10:41 a.m.

This is a very strong list. I would also highly recommend another Free-to-play called Blacklight Retribution. Also a really fun game which is just transitioning into full release like Tribes. Borderlands and TF2 definitely my favourites from that list though.
  • tehtimeisnow - June 27, 2012 2:24 p.m.

this is list is stuped the only good ganes on this dum list is call duty 4r and halo 3 seruoisely and i dont now how they can leaved out the best shoot game of all time modern warefere 3
  • christian-shaffer - June 27, 2012 3:11 p.m.

Don't worry troll, someone will cross your bridge of instigation eventually.
  • funkmasterflip - June 29, 2012 12:58 p.m.

Never say call of duty 4 is dumb. Its far better than MW3.
  • Condor - June 27, 2012 3:23 p.m.

I had to read that five times before I realized that you forgot two periods. So, nice grammar fail there. Also, way to say nothing at all with the highest word count possible.
  • hristijan-mitkovski - June 27, 2012 3:39 p.m.

Here should be half life 2 deathmatch legendary game ...
  • ThatGamerDude - June 28, 2012 12:41 a.m.

Wow, this list just made me want to play BF: BC2, CoD4, TF2, and Tribes: Ascend all day. I think I'll do that until my eyes fall off. Oh, I would've loved to see the original Crysis and Resistance on this too. Oh well.
  • Greg_Gamer - June 28, 2012 10:54 a.m.

This list should be comprised of 1. Team Fortress 2, 2. Counter Strike, 3 to 10th = any other in any order, they don't matter.
  • ThundaGawd - June 28, 2012 10:25 p.m.

I honestly don't see why Blacklight's getting so much hate. As opposed to COD, it actually does something new with the competitive FPS genre (weapon building, new game modes, etc.) Tribes: Ascend was a major letdown for me, I was excited when I first heard about it and how they were incorporating the "skiing glitch" into the game as an actual mechanic, but when the game actually came out, I played it for a little bit less than a week, threw up in my mouth, and uninstalled it. It was a cool concept, but they put WAY too much emphasis on skiing to the point where it was near-impossible to actually hit anyone with a projectile weapon
  • tyler_14_420 - July 15, 2012 7:51 p.m.

Sorry you didn't meet the learning curve. You'll quickly learn that like Unreal Tournament games, it's all about precision shooting at high speeds. It's a difficult curve to overcome, especially in a MP environment, but it's incredibly rewarding when you start to learn how to predict your shots and hit your enemies. It's definitely not a matter of the controls being bad (See: Shadow of the Colossus) or the game just being broken (See: Modern Warfare 2 & 3). It's just a steep learning curve with projectile inheritance and other physics that can make it a bit... iffy at first. I would compare it to Day Z. For the first hour or two, you'll be lost, you'll rage, you'll die, but you'll pick yourself up, learn how to survive/kill, and continue to live another day.
  • obviouslyadouche - November 29, 2012 6:46 p.m.

This is why people like Call of duty so much, It's designed so there is as little learning curve as possible and so experienced fps players can't dominate as well as they could in say Battlefield 1942 (There were people who could consistently get 93 kills to 3 deaths in that game, compare that to the best cod players 3-1). I can understand why people want a game like that but when they hold it to such a high caliber is why I get angry.
  • fluteamahoot - June 29, 2012 12:38 p.m.

Gmod should have been on here... And Tribes still has some metagame stuff to work out before it went on this list
  • Glaice - June 29, 2012 2:13 p.m.

Why isn't Doom at #1, that game was the second of two shooters (other being Quake) that made the shooter genre kickstart.
  • treeroy - February 10, 2014 3:10 p.m.

I presume Doom isn't on there precisely because Quake is.
  • Child Of Death - February 10, 2014 3:10 p.m.

Doom isnt a multiplayer shooter. Learn to read the title.