Topics

Best FPS

• Aldar98 - November 30, 2012 7:08 a.m.

Savage XR, Natural Selection 2, UnrealTournament 2003 and 2004 (not ut3 though), Tribes: Ascend, Aliens vs Predator 2, Battlefield 1942's mod called Desert Combat if I remember properly; heck w/out the mod the vanilla game was great too. Warsow... Eeeh, I'm prolly forgetting others. Those are the ones that sprung through my mind so far.
  • KA87 - November 30, 2012 5:53 a.m.

Really? You put the question mark over a picture of Homefront. That game was really lackluster and I think an FPS like Killzone would have been deserveing.
  • Faruko - November 30, 2012 4:52 a.m.

TF2 its, along CS, the best Multiplayer FPS, no matter what new game i buy, i stop playing them and go back to the real deal, TF2 and CS (its 3 versions actually...). The only other game i play from time to time its BF3, but not near the ammount of time i put to TF2 and CS (im selling Halo 4 btw lol)
  • santaclouse37 - November 30, 2012 2:39 a.m.

Under Battlefield 3's entry: >The smaller Close Quarters maps turn the action up a notch and give you more practice and give you more practice for up close and personal encounters. >and give you more practice and give you more practice Might want to fix that. Also, great article.
  • monk_on_the_run - November 30, 2012 1:21 a.m.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA you put Blops2 ahead of Battlefield, what a joke.
  • SpiritTemple - December 2, 2012 12:39 a.m.

Black Ops 2 & Modern Warfare 3 > Battlefield 3.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - December 12, 2012 2:34 p.m.

• Child Of Death - February 10, 2014 3:07 p.m.

SpiritTemple if you think COD is better than Battlefield than you are a disgrace as a gamer.
  • FierceVoltage - November 29, 2012 7:18 p.m.

Yay TF2 fans!
  • KnowYourPokemon - November 29, 2012 4:48 p.m.

You guys should've switch Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 on this, simply to troll people hard when they see your Halo 4 vs. Black Ops 2 article.
  • Hullonotna - November 29, 2012 2:46 p.m.

If I am not mistaken the image you have for PlanetSide 2 is of Tribes:Ascend. Just thought I'd point it out.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - November 29, 2012 4:30 p.m.

That's def PS2, though the armor designs are pretty similar.
  • ThundaGawd - November 29, 2012 9:51 p.m.

That's the Light assault armor for Terran Republic infantry, though it does admittedly look similar. The New conglomerate footsoldiers in the back kinda give it away as Planetside 2 though.
  • DylaCoughli - July 24, 2012 6:34 a.m.

People still play Bad Company 2?
  • kiteJargon - July 16, 2012 10:30 a.m.

Awww yeah, man I remember UT. So many good memories. Anybody else remember air-dodges? Double-tap one of the movement keys - fighting game style. That's what new FPS games need, more air dodges! lol
  • 4page - July 8, 2012 1:12 a.m.

I am not at all surprised by this, but it makes me slightly sad to see that not even in the comments was Urban Terror mentioned. Granted it does not have the same massive multiplayer aspect of these others; if you want an online game with a crapload of other people playing, then those other games are far better. However, Urban Terror shines as an awesome game to get together with several of your friends and perhaps play online. In my experience too many players ruins the game, at least in urban terror, but around eight people is perfect. There is not a huge arsenal of weapons, no upgrade system, and the graphics are none too impressive, but it will work on any machine, essentially, it's absolutely free, and it adds a few interesting game mechanics I've never seen before in any other game. I'm not saying that this game should have made the list, but I think it deserves an honorable mention.
  • sweetchiliheat - November 29, 2012 2:34 p.m.

I've played Urban Terror before. I thought the segmental damage (legs get shot you can't sprint or jump as high) and free running was awesome. Plus it's pretty even considering everything is unlocked from the start