Topics

DS DSi top 10

• alakazam9891 - March 13, 2012 9:05 a.m.

um did you guys really call arino a "floating miyamoto head"
  • Erwin211 - March 13, 2012 4:34 p.m.

"a floating Miyamoto head" *wince* Really? I'd let it slide if Shinya Arino even looked a bit like Miyamoto. Or if the show wasn't known in the West.
  • torre-sims - July 5, 2012 9:58 p.m.

aliens infestation...
  • haipayazoo - September 15, 2012 5:38 p.m.

I am very disappointed to see 999 removed from the new "Best DS Games" list and in its stead Rhythm Heaven.
  • LordEvan88 - September 16, 2012 11:46 a.m.

Or the incredibly lazy port of Chrono Trigger. Kind of blows my mind.
  • haipayazoo - September 16, 2012 1:15 p.m.

Lazy port? How so? Just for curiosity's sake.
  • LordEvan88 - September 16, 2012 6:48 p.m.

I guess Lazy is the wrong word. But it is pretty much unaltered from previous versions. You have a menu on the touchscreen, but its not a serious revamp, and does not differ enough from the PS1 version for me to think of it as its own game. Its a great SNES game, but I think it would be better to have it not take up space on a list of a handheld that is not it's native console and which it has not been rebuilt for (Like Final Fantasy IV).
  • AshLynx - September 15, 2012 7:27 p.m.

Someone else played Might and Magic Clash of Heroes? And here I thought I was the only one....but yeah, it's awesome, and anyone who uses Steam, 360 Arcade, I think it's on PSN too, should get it, because then you can do multiplayer with a human more easily, as I have never met another human with M&M for DS.
  • ShortFuse - September 15, 2012 7:59 p.m.

Thanks guys, as someone who can't really afford a 3DS it is nice to get great DS games for cheap to enjoy as I always felt like I neglected mine a little bit.
  • Bantha_Fodder - September 15, 2012 8:22 p.m.

What, Aliens: Infestation got knocked off? That's a shame, I had a blast with that thing. IMO, it's one of the most underrated games one the DS, a perfect swan song, released RIGHT before the 3DS came out.
  • Redeater - September 16, 2012 1:22 a.m.

Jesus Christ I wish you guys at GR would stop bringing up that "jet pack" in Scribblenauts. Super Scribblenauts was the superior game for sure but mostly due to improved controls and the addition of adverbs and adjectives. While Scribblenauts allowed you to use a jet pack you were really only limited by your own imagination which I can assume is lacking if you just typed in jet pack for every fucking puzzle. Did you guys also complain back in the day about how Doom 1 or 2 was too easy because it allowed you to turn on god mode?
  • haipayazoo - September 16, 2012 7:18 p.m.

The problem with that logic is that Doom's "God Mode" is a "cheat code" which is used for cheating purposes, while the jet pack is an in-game mechanic that you can utilize. Similar, but still two different things. For example, Demon's Souls is considered by some to be a very difficult game, but there is a way to cheat and get infinite items and souls, while again, the jet pack is a in-game mechanic. (Although, the analogy I used is a bit poor since the the cheat I mentioned is more of a glitch than a cheat, but the concept is relatively the same.)
  • Redeater - September 16, 2012 10:56 p.m.

Ok well another way of looking at it would be if they just set the difficulty of a game to beginner and then complained about the lack of challenge. Both are tools within a game that aren't considered cheating yet both reduce the game to zero challenge. Aside from that I have a suspicion that they barely touched the game. The jet pack was completely unreliable and most stages required you to use a different item each try as you had to finish a stage about 3 times.Obviously this meant you could only use the jet pack once. Regardless, my point is that anyone who says Scribblenauts could be solved simply with the word jet pack clearly hasn't played past the first world.
  • jackthemenace - September 16, 2012 6:33 a.m.

Little weird how you dingle out Black and White as the best Pokemon games. I'd, personally, have Put HeartGold/SoulSilver there instead, although I probably would've just gone whole hog and said 'the Pokemon games for DS'. Glad to see Spirit Tracks is on there. I really loved it, far more than Phantom Hourglass, and all the bitching and whining people do about it aways makes me a little sad. I'm happy to see there are other people that appreciate it too.
  • brickman409 - September 16, 2012 12:18 p.m.

no prime hunters?
  • Paperthintelevision - January 23, 2014 11:24 p.m.

yea, I thought prime hunters was a great DS game.
  • LittleGreen - May 12, 2014 8:10 p.m.

I know!
  • mayday991 - September 16, 2012 4:16 p.m.

No devil survivor? Come fucking on! The best srpg ever fuck face.
  • AaronW95 - May 30, 2014 12:42 p.m.

i agree abolish 5 min rule ASAP
  • Askatez - September 17, 2012 9:06 a.m.

my all time favourites on ds are the devil survivor series and inazuma eleven