• thejadefalcon - April 3, 2009 2:12 p.m.

Actually, I think that CoD4 was claimed by PC Gamer UK in the review to be a copy of one season of 24. I don't know as I don't watch it, but Tom Francis spotted so many similarities that he was sure that it WASN'T a copy.
  • linkganon - April 4, 2009 12:09 a.m.

agreed about halo 3, i find it hard to play. its the same old game they had since 01 only with different levels and same controls. i hate halo controls, their inverted, thats why i rarely play it and why i cannot kill anybody even at point blank with a shotgun. the gameplay is unrealistic as they only have beam and laser guns, id prefer it if they actually had an ak-74 in the game or any "real" gun. sure the shotgun is almost as real as it gets, but seriously. the sniper is useless, ever try killing somebody at point blank range with a sniper, yes because there's no such thing as getting a clear shot with it in the halo world. people always seem to know where i am, screenlooking cheaters! i finally have to say that 99% of the time i played halo on live, the other players are usually a bunch of jerks who like listening to themselves swearing at others.
  • Picnic1 - April 5, 2009 12:44 p.m.

Firstly, as someone new to commenting on Gamesradar articles (although I have been a some time viewer of the site in general over the last 5+ years), I want to say how refreshing, informative and fun this site is- it's clearly written by people who love games but are willing to insult some of their readers and some 'sacred cows' in videogames if it is the right thing to do. I also wondered whether I was doing something wrong when I was playing Silent Hill 2. I knew that people said it was possibly the best in the series but not knowing where to go next in the fog was just frustrating. As for Super Mario World, the article says 'The level design does not seem as intricate as Super Mario Bros 3 nor as simple and enjoyable as SMB1'. OK, so it's somewhere in between. Is there necessarily something wrong with not being at the extremes? As for the graphics, the huge size of some of the Bullet Bill sprites and the rotational scaling on the bosses perhaps made it stand out but the Megadrive was doing that last effect on Puggsy a couple of years later. Super Mario World does have some nice fog effects in parts and an interesting colour palette that goes for subdued natural colours. But Miyamoto was still unwise to knock Rare's great 'Donkey Kong Country', hinting that was all graphics and no game, although he did apologise for that as he had been under pressure to make Yoshi's Island in the same style. Given the Megadrive's Sonic games, as well as Sega's frutiful relationship with Disney, I think that the Megadrive had a larger number of great platformers. Regarding GTAIV, saying 'We'll fight to the end to defend your right to fantasize about running over hookers in purloined vehicles; we just wonder why anyone thinks that's fun.' is a relatively rare view for a games site to admit to. They rightly conclude that wanting freedom of speech does not mean that we have to necessarily like what people use that freedom to say.
  • omar43227 - April 6, 2009 2:23 p.m.

halo3 gets borning but,when you find secrets like the grunt that talks funny on the last level, its fun.
  • TedDidlio - April 14, 2009 2:08 a.m.

the picture of mario and chad kroeger made this article.
  • Hawkeye719 - May 21, 2009 6:35 p.m.

dave houghton? i wonder whos idea it was to hire you? u cant say halos crap n blabber on, when it obviously isnt, ur head is so far up ur own backside the lump in ur throat is ur nose. if halo is a crap game why oh why did it sell so many copies and why is it enjoyed by every gamer ive ever come into contact with? ill tell you, people love the game, so what that the main part of it is gunning things down, thats the main goal in COD4 too, n how can u compare gears of war to halo? GOW is a tactical based shooter, halo is a fps, there two completely different types of games with one thing in common, oh yes its true they both revolve around gunning things down, every time i play online on halo 3 its always a laugh, the map editor has allowed alot of skilled gamers show what they can do and some of the editations are amazing, ur argument is like water running through a siv, full of holes
  • SilverWerewolf - October 31, 2009 8:21 p.m.

I loved this article. Braid, Halo, WOW, Final Fantasy, Super Mario World, and GTA IV are among the games I can't stand, although GTA IV did grow on me a tad when I TRIED to move past the realism aspect. Plus, I agree with Tyler that WOW is barely more than a level grinder, as is Everquest II and other MMOs that I have tried. (In my opinion, Guild Wars escapes this classification since you can freely respec your skills and hire henchmen to help you.)
  • jackthemenace - November 19, 2009 8:44 p.m.

I lvoed the fact that i'm NOT the only one that's thinks halo 3 is too run-and-gui and is completely crap, but matt cundy can never be forgiven for disowning SSBB!! and @danomeon- please take back that part about GoW, because, y far, it beats hao, both in story and in gampeplay
  • RoxasXXion - November 20, 2009 7:42 p.m.

I actually liked Ico but i can understand why some peeps would hate it. Agree with pretty much all of the rest but ive never actually played halo before
  • sveini22 - November 23, 2009 2:23 p.m.

halo 3, cod 4 and brawl are good games
  • legendofzeldarocker - November 26, 2009 4:43 a.m.

Matt Cundy and Shane Patterson deserve a punch to the balls, but they will probably die from a coma because they jacked off to way to much CP.
  • NINJA90 - November 30, 2009 2:26 a.m.

What I say about Halo... CAMPAIGN SUCKS ALL ASS EVER! However, the sher customizability of the custom games is what I like. I don't know anyone who EVER plays the campaign, when we play, we play inspired game types like cops and robbers, tuskan raiders... That is why Halo 3, and none of the other halo games, are good. (Firefight was pretty good tho).
  • NINJA90 - November 30, 2009 2:30 a.m.

And brawl... again its sheer scale is what makes it enormous... It obviously DOES get VERY repetitive tho.
  • RanTheAwesome - February 19, 2010 1:48 p.m.

A lot of the hate for these games are pretty weak, such as Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Seriously, that's like telling someone not to play Call of Duty and become a soldier IRL, same thing with other simulation games. And Paul Ryan, once again you do something utterly stupid. Though I can agree that some of GTA IV's realism took away from most of the fun in previous games, but I still loved it and thought it was fun, however, you forgot one thing; You spelled Niko's name wrong. God forbid an Eastern European or Serbian came across this article, they would tear you a new one for being ignorant as Hell. Next time, research, get your facts straight, and actually PLAY the game, otherwise you'll sound like the IRateGamer, except much worse.
  • Green_Shade - March 22, 2010 8:09 p.m.

The Sims : Vietnam FTW
  • BertTheTurtle - March 22, 2010 10:30 p.m.

I agree with the Halo thing (but custom games are still fun) but Silent Hill II is awesome. I have also discovered that I can start arguements by uttering the statement, "Bad Company beats MW2." This amuses me.
  • Zeb364 - March 23, 2010 12:19 a.m.

Final Fantasy, San Andreas and The Sims Sucked Ass. GTA IV gets pretty tedious after awhile and the constant cell phone calls/relationship upkeep is just fucking annoying. And COD4 lost all concept of fun in the later campaign levels and online due to frustratingly easy it is to die and how ridiculously broken the matchmaking system was. And I agree what was said about Halo 3, it is a dumbed down, kiddie "my first FPS" style game where the most intense strategy is when to throw a grenade but it serves a wonderful purpose of being a more relaxing, less intense online shooter experience then say, Gears of War 2 or Modern Warfare 2.
  • yonderTheGreat - March 23, 2010 9:16 a.m.

Best review of Halo 3 that has ever existed.
  • spencerisgod1990 - May 15, 2010 6:47 p.m.

i agree with most of what was said, but i think sports games have to be up there. all EA games are reskins of the previous entry, followed by a deteriating gameplay that gets more dull the following game (and day). today i played 2010 FWC and thought "wtf, there is nothing changed apart from players look partly better than Fifa 10". i also played NBA live 2010 yesterday, what aload of crap, just exacly the same as NBA live 2001 (last one i played since" also p.s i noticed that with san andreas the moment i put it
  • Hendetta - June 6, 2010 7:32 p.m.

I disagree about Smash Bros. The series was created for fans of Nintendo, hence all of the references. The game wasn't made to be revolutionary and change fighting games as we know it; it was made to honor Nintendo's huge, awesome history and appease the fans with tons of characters and stages from their favorite games. Also it is hard to argue that the gameplay isn't addicting and pretty solid.