• TifaFFun7 - March 26, 2009 4:58 p.m.

I have to agree about World of Warcraft :P Have been playing for a full year and I am starting to get SO bored because of the fact that it's just NO fun anymore ... i got to level 60 yesterday and it just made no difference to me >..< Also, one game everyone adored but I loathed (and still do) is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the ps3. Truth is, I only bought this game because everyone kept ranting about how AWESOME it was. But the moment I started playing, I was plainly disappointed. First of all the graphics of the characters(NPCs or not) looked not in the least bit like in real-life, which made character creation a torture for me. But I pressed on either way. A little later I was supposed to set my character's unique skills, choose classes etc. I REALLY enjoy having the ability in a game to make my character unique and being able to control his/her development. But. TES4's customization was TOO much. It was so complicated that it just wasn't funny after a while. After I was finally done, it was time for me to check the battle system itself. Which sucked. I don't think I've seen a worse battle system in a supposedly good game. Ever. It felt terribly unstable and as complicated and confusing as the customization before. Finally after a while I managed to escape from the underground path that led out of the prison I was in, so after a few I entered the main city, whose name I don't currently recall. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy realism in games. I really do. But it's supposed to be a damn RPG for f*'s sake! It's not about realism, it's about fantasy and imagination and supernatural stuff, not pesky guards that are literally following your every step, meaning that simply entering a house at night could result in your arrest(or death, if you're a free spirit). There are so many random objects that one could pick from inside the houses, but even taking one of them will have the above-stated result. It's annoying, and to me, it robs the freedom that RPGs are supposed to offer. Other than that, most of the general mechanics of the game are heavily flawed in my opinion. For example, leveling up: while you gain levels, the npcs level up silmutainously, and in so doing get more powerful attacks and abilities. Which means that, if you don't level up at all during the game, and remain eternally at level 1, then the final game boss will also be level 1. So why should one bother to level up in the first place? Another thing I hated about Oblivion was the fact that in the huge world which it featured, I was all alone. No clumsy, silly, brave or intelligent party members. Just me, staring at the distance. Boring. Also, don't get me strated on the voice-acting thingy. The same actor is voicing almost every NPC of the game. The look on the NPCs' eyes is also pretty much dead. DEAD I tell you! :P The only thing that Oblivion succeeded in for me was in the scenery graphics. They looked gorgeous and realistic, but still had an RPG flair to them. We gamers play games to have FUN. Most of us play in order to relax from a day full of tedious daily chores. At 22.00, when I come back home totally exhausted from a day full of school and extra lessons on both school curriculum and foreign languahes, I want to let my brain cool down a little. Trying to memorize all thousand tiny symbols that exist in Oblivion is a task that can't be accomplished in such a state, and I am not willing to strain my brain even further for a game, because this game just doesn't worth it. I 've played coulntless games that are so much simpler than The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion, yet so much better.
  • scbyfn4evr - March 26, 2009 4:56 p.m.

I couldn't agree more about Halo being generic and overhyped. Halo is a bland space shooter with no character that only became a big deal because it introduced seven-year-old homophobic racists and drunk-ass frat kids into the gaming world, which used to be (especially online) more of a niche thing, populated by generally intellegent people who were there to have fun and cooperate. Thanks, Halo, for ruining the future of video games while bringing nothing intereting to the table (though I will admit, local multiplayer kicks ass on Halo 2....not through any innovation, but the maps are just well suited for it)
  • MacGyver1138 - March 26, 2009 4:02 p.m.

I absolutely agree on GTAIV. That game was the biggest letdown. They took all of the fun out of the previous games (including the top-down GTA and GTA2) and replaced it with realistic physics. Yippee.
  • bugmenot - March 26, 2009 3:11 p.m.

"Halo 3's much-vaunted "epic" plot pretty much consists of, 'Here are the bad guys. Kill 'em, barely-characterised hero man!' " And that isn't fun...how?
  • Themis - March 26, 2009 10:59 a.m.

I think you guys should review every new release this way... although then you'd just be the new Edge, except without taking yourself anywhere near as seriously. Not that anyone could ever take themselves as seriously as Edge; nor would an Edge reviewer be allowed to mark down games such as Braid. *takes Edge-bashing hat off* GR used to annoy me - full of immature content and words like "goresplosion". Now I love it for these exact same reasons. Unpretentious, and never forgetting that games are supposed to be FUN to play and discuss. Unlike most other games sites I could mention.
  • GR_JustinTowell - March 26, 2009 9:30 a.m.

I found the link that Brett mentioned. It's http://www.gamesradar.com/f/about-gamesradar/a-20080410113831512001 but remember we've now got profiles to update so the 'now-playing' etc is all out of date. Erm... as is the list of who actually works here. Still, I must say I'm amazed only one person (so far) said they liked Super Mario World. I really expected people to defend that with their lives! ReCAPTCHA: wenka racing ?
  • R38P3R - March 26, 2009 4:57 a.m.

i really dont care about many of these games. but as long as they dont crap on killzone 2 im okay.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - March 26, 2009 3:33 a.m.

Someone on the previous page said we're all British. Nope. There's a staff page buried in here somewhere that says who works at the US and UK offices. Good luck finding it though - I just tried and gave up.
  • iluvmyDS - March 26, 2009 3:29 a.m.

I'm glad there are people in this world who hate Gran Turismo and The Sims as much as I do. No "omg bias" here, I enjoyed the article.
  • derrderr420 - March 26, 2009 3:28 a.m.

top gear is ten times less boring then GT, even Forza puts me to sleep unless i have some music on the highest volume level possible playing
  • legodude666 - March 26, 2009 2:55 a.m.

summary of EVERY final fantasy and most JRPGs ever made: a team of 4-8 scantily-clad girly men with giant swords go and fight a mythical WTF-type creature summoned by some retarded wizard person. There, saved you 40 hours and 60 bucks.
  • Robusken - March 26, 2009 2:20 a.m.

My god, I would tear out my own hair if I had to sit through a 2 minute video everytime I used a certain spell.
  • mikeo1229 - March 26, 2009 1:21 a.m.

Wait, I am a Republican and hate GTA 4, so that assumption is incorrect. Although I love Halo I will agree that it was built upon Hype. I hate Braid so much, I got it for free and I still hated it. as for COD 4, I loved Call of Duty 2, but I hated CoD 4 so VERY much, now I am a game collector and CoD 4 is one of the few games I have sold.
  • Cwf2008 - March 26, 2009 12:48 a.m.

And as for the GTA 4 part, FINALLY SOMEONE ACTUALLY EXISTS BESIDES ME THAT HATES THE MOTHERFUCKING REALISM IN GTA 4!!! WHY CANT WE USE A DAMN MINIGUN OR FLAMETHROWER WHY?! /rant
  • super-saint - March 26, 2009 12:47 a.m.

ohh and i hate on halo mulitplayer becuase its full of 10-year-olds who like to talk about boobs and swear obsessivly when you actualy manage to kill there stupid haxing/noob camping/ rocket weilding arese... plus all the people who want to actualy play the game, like normal people, are told to shut up and challanged with "oh yea gimmi your adress, ill kick your ass!". and then theres the kids who are like "zomg! halo is the bestist thing ever, no game is ever as gud as it" im alweas like "hay guys, i got mass effect" and then people who dont evan know what mass effect is are all like "omg mass effect blows it r not as gud as halo" it really pisses me off. so bravo good call, halo can suck my dick. and before i get spammed, no i dont have a PS3, yes i know pre-mature annoyances are all over live (they just like to spwan in halo and then move onto good games), and no im not takeing money, im not evan a juornalist!!!
  • Ddz53 - March 26, 2009 12:19 a.m.

How can you hate San Andreas
  • Defguru7777 - March 26, 2009 12:13 a.m.

Disagree with a few things. I'm not gonna comment on most of the Halo stuff because any arguments have already been made. But how is the Chief or the Arbiter any less emotional than Soap, Jackson, or Freeman? At least the Chief can talk. I love Brawl. While they recycle a lot of stuff, it's still fun. And the story in Brawl was great for a Nintendo game. And at least they don't re-release the game every year (Call of Duty). The Rock Band video was hilarious. LOL One thing that pisses me off about COD 4 (not sure if it's every COD game) is that you have to "advance" to get enemies to stop spawning. Why should I have to re-kill the three terrorists I just killed just because I didn't walk three feet forward? If you're able to take some flaming about some of your favorite games (and if you're a true fan of the game, you should be able to), this is a great article. But I hope most of this was just some exageration for the Week of Hate. ReCaptha: lowest nally
  • Coolbeans69 - March 25, 2009 11:14 p.m.

halo 3 isn't about the campaign, it's all about the multiplayer and you didn't even cover that in why you hate
  • Shadowhatchi - March 25, 2009 10:24 p.m.

The funny thing is the reason I like Halo is because it is so basic. I don't like shooters when they try to go out of hand. I hated CoD everyone and I liked Gears of War it was ok. I found Halo 2 was better though, in terms of multiplayer maps. For halo 3 the maps seemed....lazy.
  • ltdan676 - March 25, 2009 10:05 p.m.

i agree with most of this list. i am a big halo fan. i have read all the books. i love the story line. how ever halo 3 was a big let down. they told me it was going to be the greatest game ever. nope. Mario Kart the first one is one of my favorite games. me and my brother played that game all day back when we got along. i love the n64 it was the first system i myself owned . i have never plated any of the new Mario Kart but i don't think i would like them. cod4 was great in game play. ww2 was getting old so in was something new. the rest listed i just don't get way every one says there great. i never liked FF i am a fan of rpg so its like i have to like the game when i don't. and Grand Theft Auto. i played it before it got all big. know it just seems like its the same thing over and over.