• RebornKusabi - March 26, 2009 12:34 a.m.

There are a like two games on this list that I actually did like, but every thing else- I 100% agree with. Also, Silent Hill 2 sucked! Fatal Frame 2 was a far more superior sequel compared to that pretentious crap game. reCAPTCHA- Cuban better (Yes they are, and the women arn't too bad either >_>)
  • toastedmilk - March 26, 2009 12:38 a.m.

i'm surprised to find that i only completely disagree with 2 of these: silent hill 2 and ico. as much as i like braid, it does come of as pretencious, and it has no replay value. i also love smw, but at the time its baby step up from smb3 was no match for the (then) new and exciting sonic. matthew keast starts off with the same stale argument against gh/rb, but then brings up a good point. these games are only as good as their song lists; if you don't like the songs, you're going to hate the games. but to again argue against the "its nothing like playing a real guitar" complaint: its not supposed to be. its not a guitar simulator, its a rythym game. if you take out the controller, it's not much different than games like parappa the rapper and space channel 5. that said, i agree 100% with: halo 3, ff8 (a rare miss in the series), wow, the sims, and gta: sa. i have to say it was a good article with mostly solid points brought up against normally lauded games
  • Cwf2008 - March 26, 2009 12:40 a.m.

Thank you finally you guys say Halo sucks ass
  • Ninja-KiLLR - March 26, 2009 12:57 a.m.

completly agree with gta 4 stuff it was to realistic to be fun.
  • foarthelulz - March 26, 2009 1:01 a.m.

u used some of these games in last year's week of hate like ssbb and mario kart
  • ShAnWOW - March 26, 2009 1:26 a.m.

ok, some of these are "hate" opinions are reasonable. and beleive me i freakin hate Final Fantasy but come on. get real. HALO?! WORLD OF WARCRAFT?! CALL OF DUTY 4?! GRAND THEFT AUTO?! come on seriously those are some of the greatest games ever made.
  • ShAnWOW - March 26, 2009 1:30 a.m.

btw super-saint: i know exactly what you mean, Halo online is filled with a bunch of little gay kids and it pisses me off too. and Mass Effect is an amazing game. only true gamers know that
  • SlightlyBetterName - March 26, 2009 1:33 a.m.

For the Rock Band video. Brett yelling "Star Power" and Mikel and Chris going at the same time, one of the funniest things on earth.
  • ShAnWOW - March 26, 2009 1:34 a.m.

• CH3BURASHKA - March 26, 2009 1:53 a.m.

I get that this is a bitchfest, but the reason Halo 3 is loved and still played by millions is the multiplayer (obviously) and its smoothness. Also because Bungie is so loyal to the fans. But whatever. reCaptcha: 45 Taber (Is that better than a 45 Colt?)
  • Montag - March 26, 2009 1:57 a.m.

GTA... with you there matey. I just don't get it, I've tried and tried and tried really. I live in Lima, Peru and to me GTA just feels like a daily commute except my car handles well. It is just too realistic, but with unrealistic handling cars. I even had a real 66 mustang convertible and that handled better than most of the cars in these games. Drive, drive, drive shoot drive... aargh The original 2d was the bolloxs tho' COD4 is amazing but I see your point. The original COD had lots of really epic battles, while COD has lots of epic skirmishes. Halo 3... again I can see why it is amazing for a console, but I was really a PC gamer for many years and it always felt a but watered down, even Halo itself. Sims... F**K me I emigrated to change my life, why oh why do you want to live a virtual life. It beats me but I can understand Sim City because I will never design a city but virtually doing stuff I do anyway, wtf. I like to bump uglies with real girls I am afraid, not try and patch a pixel snatch. The Sega/Nintendo fanboy stuff also rings true. Super Mario World didn't float my boat at all but the original Sonic just killed my sleep. Grand Turdismo is the also horrific. Take away the shiny bits and you have an average at best racer. I like this sort of article, hit the spot again. Lots of intelligent discussion and a turbo nuke flame war possible!! Like it That's my 2 pennies worth
  • beastabubbles - March 26, 2009 2:15 a.m.

THANK YOU! somebody needed to reveal halo 3's secret......the secret? NO PLOT! the game sucked unless you read the books, and after you read the books, you play the game when you want to cry........Halo 1-semi innovative halo 2-pointless halo 3-made for retards and little kids to annoy people online and think that they are 1337
  • phoenix_wings - March 26, 2009 2:23 a.m.

Awesome how hate unites so many people. I have to say that FF8 was the first FF game I ever played. I enjoy it to a certain extent, but couldn't finish it because I wanted to shoot the screen whenever I saw Squall's dialogue "....Damn." You could probably sum up GTA IV in the same diagram as Halo. I gave it a chance too, it just didn't deliver. I was tired of getting phone calls and having tutorials and weird-ass controls. I think that Zero Punctuation best-describes my feeling towards GTA IV. BTW! That guitar has a load of dust on it...are you SURE you don't like GH/RB?
  • madadam - March 26, 2009 2:54 a.m.

The gushing over Halo always confused me. You basically got a game with half the content of other games and little to no details in any of the environments. The story was lackluster as well as confusing. The half game comes from going through thirteen or so missions in the daylight only to replay most of them in the dark coming back. What a load of crap. How an obviously padded game got 9s and 10s in the magazines can only be summed up to bribery. I've been playing better FPS on the PC (Half-Life, all Quakes, all Unreals, hell I count Duke Nukem and Doom as well) for years before Halo came out and they all had ten times the content as Halo. I refused to even try the other two because there are so many better games out there. I hate WOW and any game that forces me to continue paying after I spent $60 on it. I refuse to pay to play.
  • Gahmah - March 26, 2009 2:54 a.m.

I wish more people had gotten miffed about shadow of the colossus/ ico hating. Sounds a little like bait with the part about tearing up with Dragon Quest 8. Course, I bet he likes fighting in deserts. Ha ha, long streteched jib at Dragonball cause of Akira Toriyama's charcter.. designs/copy pasting. Aw well, this was truly good for week of hate, stirring up emotions and bothering people into conversation. Three cheers for good journalism. Also, the recapthca giving me freaky words to type, 1,000 eskino?
  • jesusfrk15 - March 26, 2009 2:58 a.m.

yah, guitar hero has crap ass music! im not the only person who has realised it. however, it is quite fun. and you cant really complain about people not learning how to play a real guitar and instead playing a sissy-ass one. cuzz after all, why not learn to go sword-play, or fly a plane? and regarding rock band, i laughed very hard watching you guy's play it in the video and brawl is about the classics. bringing back "recycled" characters, and seeing, no, using them in a fight against eachother. the game is all about nostalgia, or however the hell you spell it. AND halo may have a fairly basic story line IN THE GAME, but master chief is all about being mysterious, and the game play is all about just over-all brawling, destroying your enemy with awsome power i do agree it is over-rated though and i agree that COD 4 is a knock off of tom clancy games
  • Ravenbom - March 26, 2009 3:24 a.m.

I can agree with a lot of this list. Even if I like the games, I recognize your points. For me, GTAIV's biggest sins were that stupid cell phone and Nico's stupid friends. Getting a call in the middle of a game to go to a strip club is fun in real life. Getting a call in the middle of the fun parts of a game to go to a virtual bar or virtual strip club is only fun if you've never been to a real strip club or bar. I'll admit, getting drunk in a game is entertaining, once, but after a while it just reminds me that I could be doing that in real life. But the Ico one hurt. It probably wouldn't be great if it came out today, but when it came out, it was so different and beautiful and great.
  • Scott1121 - March 26, 2009 3:30 a.m.

Ya i really didn't like halo either im more into gears of war also I use to play world of warcraft but it was literally draining my life and killing my free time
  • NelosAngelos - March 26, 2009 3:31 a.m.

Hate Rockband and Guitar Hero, hate Halo, and hate pretty much all racing games. Anything else to contribute to week of hate 09?
  • Master_Leep - March 26, 2009 4:03 a.m.

I don't hate any of those games, I don't really hate games at all. If I'm not having fun, I don't play them, and an un-played game is un-hated. If you forced me at gunpoint to watch or play some of these until I went mad, I might develop a hate for you as opposed to the game. I read this as baiting people. It's like you're trying really hard to shock readers who might have a degree of interest in these games, which are all arguably of above-average quality. Was that guy forced to play the Sims until he hated it? Did that other dude hate Rock Band because someone forced him to watch it for hours? People! Get a fucking Life.