• TedDidlio - April 14, 2009 2:08 a.m.

the picture of mario and chad kroeger made this article.
  • omar43227 - April 6, 2009 2:23 p.m.

halo3 gets borning but,when you find secrets like the grunt that talks funny on the last level, its fun.
  • Picnic1 - April 5, 2009 12:44 p.m.

Firstly, as someone new to commenting on Gamesradar articles (although I have been a some time viewer of the site in general over the last 5+ years), I want to say how refreshing, informative and fun this site is- it's clearly written by people who love games but are willing to insult some of their readers and some 'sacred cows' in videogames if it is the right thing to do. I also wondered whether I was doing something wrong when I was playing Silent Hill 2. I knew that people said it was possibly the best in the series but not knowing where to go next in the fog was just frustrating. As for Super Mario World, the article says 'The level design does not seem as intricate as Super Mario Bros 3 nor as simple and enjoyable as SMB1'. OK, so it's somewhere in between. Is there necessarily something wrong with not being at the extremes? As for the graphics, the huge size of some of the Bullet Bill sprites and the rotational scaling on the bosses perhaps made it stand out but the Megadrive was doing that last effect on Puggsy a couple of years later. Super Mario World does have some nice fog effects in parts and an interesting colour palette that goes for subdued natural colours. But Miyamoto was still unwise to knock Rare's great 'Donkey Kong Country', hinting that was all graphics and no game, although he did apologise for that as he had been under pressure to make Yoshi's Island in the same style. Given the Megadrive's Sonic games, as well as Sega's frutiful relationship with Disney, I think that the Megadrive had a larger number of great platformers. Regarding GTAIV, saying 'We'll fight to the end to defend your right to fantasize about running over hookers in purloined vehicles; we just wonder why anyone thinks that's fun.' is a relatively rare view for a games site to admit to. They rightly conclude that wanting freedom of speech does not mean that we have to necessarily like what people use that freedom to say.
  • linkganon - April 4, 2009 12:09 a.m.

agreed about halo 3, i find it hard to play. its the same old game they had since 01 only with different levels and same controls. i hate halo controls, their inverted, thats why i rarely play it and why i cannot kill anybody even at point blank with a shotgun. the gameplay is unrealistic as they only have beam and laser guns, id prefer it if they actually had an ak-74 in the game or any "real" gun. sure the shotgun is almost as real as it gets, but seriously. the sniper is useless, ever try killing somebody at point blank range with a sniper, yes because there's no such thing as getting a clear shot with it in the halo world. people always seem to know where i am, screenlooking cheaters! i finally have to say that 99% of the time i played halo on live, the other players are usually a bunch of jerks who like listening to themselves swearing at others.
  • thejadefalcon - April 3, 2009 2:12 p.m.

Actually, I think that CoD4 was claimed by PC Gamer UK in the review to be a copy of one season of 24. I don't know as I don't watch it, but Tom Francis spotted so many similarities that he was sure that it WASN'T a copy.
  • xgcakasha - March 30, 2009 8:51 a.m.

I do not like CoD 4 at all and not so much because of the game itself. I hate it because of all the trashtalking you receive when you play it online. You would swear everybody who plays that game just hates females altogether. It makes for a horrible gaming experience. I also did not like the fact that there few spawn points so it never failed there was always somebody camping the spawn areas and killing people as they spawned and then acting like they actually did something great.. I love Rainbow Six Vegas (both of them).... Terrorist Hunt is fun and the way the game controls is good. Halo 3: I totally agree about the hype of that game. Personally, I was disappointed with 3 when it came out. I thought 2 was much better even though the graphics were not as good. I didn't like the AR when it was in the first Halo, and I really didn't like it in the 3rd one and almost every matchmaking game has that as your default weapon.. Even though I rarely play Halo 3 online anymore it is still fun to play it at LAN parties. Gears of War 2: I like Gears 2 better than the first one. The Horde was a nice addition. I agree about the darkness of everything especially if you play on an older LCD TV makes it really hard to see what you are doing. I never really got into the FF games so I cannot comment on those. You know what games I really hate the most? All of the Madden games.. I mean really, what is the point?? they bring out a new game every year that is the same as the one before but with different players and maybe different uniforms.. All they need to do with those is sell one game and just have DLC updates every year if you just have to have the up-to-date teams.
  • foodlist97 - March 28, 2009 2:10 p.m.

I don't agree with Halo or GTA 4, but everything else is true.
  • gmilf71 - March 28, 2009 1:17 a.m.

i agree with most of them. i think cod4 is gay. i thought i was the only one out their who did! i now know im not alone. halo is ok. and by the way, to anyone who writes long, insulting comments, noone stops to read all of it because they have better things to do. they have no life
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 27, 2009 2:16 p.m.

Me. :D
  • Heyexclamationpoint - March 26, 2009 11:42 p.m.

I definitely agree with Mario Kart and Grand Turismo. One game I've always scratched my head over is Goldeneye 007. Yes, I went there. The single-player bored me and the multiplayer had to be one of the worst I've ever played. I thought so in 1997 and still do today. Can't jump, horrible level design and the limit on the weapons always bugged me. Blah.
  • Skooch - March 26, 2009 9:40 p.m.

At least someone had the balls to admit they don't like these games.
  • SuperGoomba64 - March 26, 2009 9:25 p.m.

I find it funny the PC editor hates World of Warcraft, Yet it one of the biggest games for the PC. I also agree with Hating Guitar Hero. You put years of practice playing a Fisher Price toy. It quite sad really.
  • charley235 - March 26, 2009 8:45 p.m.

i didnt like gta 4 either and here are my 2 main reasons 1. driving. half of the frikking game is drving like you do in real life, getting to the actual action. then after missions, you have to drive someone back, instead of just cutting to the chase. i mightve liked the game alot more if i didnt get bored of it 3 hours into it! 2. the cheats suck. no tanks or jetpacks? after awile, killing people gets boring using plain old guns, maybe id like to cause some hell the real way - using stuff that isnt very real
  • Ultar - March 26, 2009 8:43 p.m.

I just Have to say that I completely HATED Halo Wars. It was nothing compared to EndWar. It was ok on single-player, but the online sucked... No 3v3 deathmatch? A 20 minute wait to start a game? Admit it, it sucked.
  • StarlitTerror - March 26, 2009 8:31 p.m.

I can agree with all the other dislikes but how do you hate halo 3 that the best shooter other than Call of Duty world at War Now
  • killemall - March 26, 2009 8:24 p.m.

oh yes, as much as i bitched earlier, i still love you guys even though you hate games i love, just keep coming with the funny. Also; the only thing good about halo; its one of those few games that i don'thave to send my friends home so i can play with them. the only good thing about wow; i can go to the comic book store and not get hit on by newbs...also smiting bunnies.
  • noobeater - March 26, 2009 8:17 p.m.

You remember that game you treasured as a child, the one you still get warm and fuzzy and misty-eyed just thinking about? ...Banjo kazooie .what about it Seriously, it sucks. ye now take it back NOW! but anger aside it really was a good article especially galo coz no.3 sucks loads
  • GoldenMe - March 26, 2009 8:04 p.m.

I'll just say this article fails to all the others from the week of hate, so there. And about time someone noticed my "these guys are british" remark. Sheesh.
  • gatorfan122394 - March 26, 2009 7:02 p.m.

also that gta argument for 4 and san andreas were both pretty weak
  • gatorfan122394 - March 26, 2009 7 p.m.

wow that cod 4 argument was weak.....Also halo 3 isnt know for its campaign and i still had entertainment value. And now that i look at rock band/guitar hero without music you all looked like IDIOTS.