Battlefield 1 will come with six multiplayer modes and nine maps, with another map rolling out as free DLC in December. According to the official Battlefield 1 Twitter account, we now know every map and mode that will arrive with the game on October 21. Here they are!
Battlefield 1 maps
- Ballroom Blitz - Battle through a pristine chateau and smash some chandeliers.
- Argonne Forest - Ambush the enemy in this infantry focused deep-woods map.
- Fao Fortress - Clash across marshes and dunes then battle through an ancient fort.
- Suez - Fight on the banks of the canal or flank up into the dunes while evading mortar fire.
- The St. Quentin Scar - Close-quarters village brawls meet long distance sniper vantages.
- Sinai Desert - Keep your head down in this arid paradise for snipers and aviators.
- Amiens - Stick to the bridges and railways or grit your teeth for hectic urban warfare.
- Monte Grappa - Italians scale the Alps as Austro Hungarians beat them back with cannon fire.
- Empire's Edge - A fortified shoreline is a perfect opportunity for some battleship barrages.
- Giant's Shadow (Free DLC in December) - Infantry, tanks, and a train clash in the open air.
Battlefield 1 modes
- Conquest - The classic Battlefield experience, capture and defend spawn points.
- Domination - A more close-quarters, infantry-focused version of Conquest.
- Operations - Fight across multiple maps in an extended campaign of Attack and Defense.
- Rush - Attackers try to destroy Telegraph Posts while Defenders use them to call in artillery.
- War Pigeons - Secure the pigeon coup! Carry a pigeon to safety! Send it off to call in a strike!
- Team Deathmatch - Shoot the bad guys, not the good guys.
If you want to bayonet charge across even more semi-historical battles, you can pick up the Battlefield 1 Season Pass. It will add 16 new maps across four DLC expansions, with the first pack planned to arrive in March 2017.
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!