• doomdoomdoom - June 10, 2009 1:07 a.m.

HOLY CRAP lady "allyourbase" that was a lot of words... but i would add that alcohol and drugs cause violence between people. If you look at are history us "humans" have to have violence. In peace we seek violence, and in violence we seek peace. We need violence to be human (especially males). And if you think about it people that would cause violence are now felling there ass grow in front of a hd tv. In conclusion, there will all was be violence and there will always be peace. you choose which side your on.
  • allyourbase - March 6, 2009 6:52 a.m.

I have played games for YEARS. I am a woman and I have kids. The ignorant media that releases the end all be all answer to why people do evil things seem to think games are their perfect niche' for things they do not personally understand.So they assume people they are reporting to must be just as ignorant. People do good and evil, both exist. Evil and good are depicted in music, games, athletic games, soap operas, culture, books, television, real life, and any form of entertainment. Millions of people watch football, and I would bet cash money out of all the whacko killers out there the demographic of people who watch football regularly and murdered someone are probably bigger than a person who solely plays video games, why? Because of percentages, and the fact more people in this country probably watch sports more than play video games on average.If someone is deviating from a healthy life of friends and family because of sports, gambling, food (Overeating), alcohol, a hobby or games, its an addiction. PERIOD. Anything can be addictive and can drive underlying unhealthy activities.Americans are such extremists that balance is hardly EVER mentioned in everyday life.I put God, family and friends first, finish my day and relax with video games. Attention to parents: 1.If you wouldn't want your child to watch a rated R film, read the ratings on your video game box for content therein. 2.Don't do hysterical parenting.The media has been wrong before, be a parent and pick a game that you play with your child that meets their level of understanding of what is real or not, thats why movies have the rating "PG", PARENTAL guidance, DUH. Even if you are terrible at playing, this isn't a competition WITH your child for crying out loud, its somthing your kid enjoys, don't be a loser, PLAY WITH your child once in awhile. 3. If its a one player, watch the storyline, read the guidebook, and find out what the story is before you cast judgment. 4. OK final word, BE A PARENT. Ride a bike, toss a football, go to the mall, watch a movie, walk the dog once in awhile WITH your kid, you might actually find out that video games may be the least of your problems.And for heaven sake, quit blaming video games if you aren't doing ALL of the above, and tell your kid you love them and you wanna go camping, in real life and in game.
  • gamerdude77 - March 6, 2009 2:06 a.m.

wow... look at that whole damn Manhunt 2 video straight I dare you..
  • titodc321 - February 25, 2009 9:12 p.m.

WOW that manhunt video was graphic!! I mean some of those kills were funny, but dang that was almost too much......almost
  • Flapjackturd - February 19, 2009 9:56 p.m.

da manhunt vid was class nd so was da gears of war
  • jonjffrey - February 5, 2009 11:56 a.m.

games are violent because many gamers played some violent games then they will try to hurt people..
  • doomdoomdoom - January 28, 2009 12:53 a.m.

All that money to prove games are evil could have gone to stopping real criminals or creating more or bigger prisons. I AM HUNGRY FOR MY RIGHTS TO PLAY VIDEO GAME!!! ARE YOU WITH ME?
  • cdell - January 25, 2009 10:44 p.m.

this article is completely true. i hope Tyler that you dont mind me quoteing it (with citations)in a paper im writing for L.A. class.
  • Darkdraak21 - January 10, 2009 3:21 a.m.

The govt. just wants to find something to blame thats simple like video games or movies or music. I'm sorry but if kids are so screwed up these days that they do stuff thats in video games then its the parents fault. Also if a kid kills somebody or if someone kills somebody and they have a past as a gamer that person says that it was the video games just to get there arse out of trouble and sue some big game companies for a million bucks.
  • Corsair89 - December 23, 2008 8:19 a.m.

Yeesh, some of the Manhunt 2 kills made me cringe. Brutal.
  • Cwf2008 - December 21, 2008 5:55 a.m.

I dunno but i have more than once thought of one of those damn idiot politicians who never played a game in their life and think games are evil...what was i saying? Oh ya i have several times imagined them getting eating my alligators or dying in horrific ways...but video games didnt do that it was just hatred of them
  • nadrewod999 - December 20, 2008 1:05 p.m.

Ravenbom and oryandymackie, I totally agree. I bet that if thos IDIOTS who say video gams ar mor dangrous than guns and narcotics (plus are even spending $90 million dollars in a financial crisis to prove it, even though there has never EVER been a case where someone is killed directly by a videogame's influence since most killers wre crazy to begin with and anything could have set him off) don't even realize that they are both the cause of millions of dollars of debt and that, if they jst let the nsdtrythrve, we wil haveagreat stock market, whch couldeaslyhel stmlate thsecny and actually et thes guysget a real jobtat tey can actally do (coughBurgerKingburgerflippercough) instead of taking away both our freedom as gamers to buy whatever we want with just cash (because, after all, most great games have a high rating, am I right?) and our money as a country to keep us from going in "The Great Depression 2: This Time It's Personal" (ok, I will admit that games have some ifluence on my life, BUT I WILL NOT LET A FEW HILLBILLIES WITH FAKE DEGREES SAY THAT THEY HAVE FOUND STUDIES THAT SHOW THAT ALL GAMES ARE BAD, EVEN THOUGH THEY OVIOUSLY AVOID EDUCATIONAL CHILDREN GAMES, jut like us).