• Vagrant - July 15, 2010 1:57 a.m.

I like the article (shocked it hasn't been done before), but the wrongness in this bit hurts my brain: "Sephiroth incorrectly believes he is the last of the Cetra, an ancient race that gained access to the all-powerful spell Meteor. As a form of misguided revenge, he plans on bringing Meteor down" The whole Sephiroth being a Cetra thing is basically a red herring. After the incident in the Nibelheim reactor, when he starts absorbing the Lifestream in Crater, he would learn the truth faster than he would learn about Meteor. ('cause the Lifestream contains the knowledge and wisdom of the ancients - a lot of their knowledge would probably be about how Jenova killed them all) He just wants power and is willing to basically kill everyone to become a god. There's no revenge angle. It's quite weak characterisation and that's why everyone likes Kefka more. If he thought he was a Cetra, he probably wouldn't have killed the only living Cetra. (Who was actually trying to protect the planet - which was the point of the Cetra) Okay, geekout over. I may have crossed a dorkline. I'm weird and touchy about the story in the original FFVII.
  • Schnipke - July 15, 2010 1:46 a.m.

wish I could play final fantasy XIII but alas, I don't have a PS3 yet @ Genericide X-2 was good, Dirge of Cerberus is the one that should be exiled from the list
  • Genericide - July 15, 2010 1:30 a.m.

Good article brelston. However, I found a mistake. Final Fantasy X has something called X-2 after it, but clearly that never existed. Nope, clearly that was just some horrible, HORRIBLE dream you we all happened to have. At the very least it should be in its own, quarantined, section. *shudder*
  • nighthawk205 - July 15, 2010 12:56 a.m.

Fantastic article Brett. Love Final Fantasy and love Mr. Elston so it has my two favorite things.
  • 510BrotherPanda - July 15, 2010 12:33 a.m.

When it comes to graphic designers, Amano is pretty far up there; he was doing the concept art and logos all in paints and watercolors, long before there was Photoshop. So great.
  • SuperGoomba64 - July 15, 2010 12:20 a.m.

Don't you mean record Talkradar 110? You already recorded 109.
  • H2A2I00 - July 14, 2010 11:39 p.m.

FINAL FANTASY IV FTW
  • lovinmyps3 - July 14, 2010 11:34 p.m.

Wow that's awesome! I never really thought about the logos that much, it's cool to find out what they mean, especially the XIII logo.
  • CoolBowling - July 14, 2010 11:34 p.m.

Great article. Thanks Brett
  • CH3BURASHKA - July 14, 2010 11:24 p.m.

Cool new "Want More" section; looks hawt. Never played any FF, so all of this has been lost on me. Thanks anyways Brett.
  • Tenfey - July 14, 2010 11:17 p.m.

Thank you sir, my worldview has been greatly expanded.
  • garnsr - July 14, 2010 11:13 p.m.

I'm a little confused about whether the Japanese titles for the first few games are here, or is it only the remakes?
  • Cyberninja - July 14, 2010 11:12 p.m.

thanks for the warning about the final fantasy 13 spoilers i will finsh it soon so i can learn what the logo is about
  • hatebreeder - July 14, 2010 11:09 p.m.

God damn it, Brett, your so friggin' wise!