Topics

Sony

• acestingray - January 20, 2011 6:08 a.m.

Well.. the frame rate issues on Multiplayer... LAG... Glitches... lost of conection and of course freezong our PS3.. and sudenly they want to shut down the servers?.. i guess they dont want to fix it... So they better killt it... WHIT FIRE! Black ops Multi´player haz ben awful on ps3... and they dotn want any more complaints from us.. i guess
  • ChiefLethal - January 20, 2011 6:08 a.m.

@ crumbdunky If i remember correctly, their reason for opting out of dedicated servers was to prevent hacking and other methods that might drastically change gameplay. I honestly don't know how much of this is simply under IWs control and more a problem with Sony's security infrastructure. There is a lot of finger pointing going on it seems.
  • cowldshawt - October 30, 2012 1:11 p.m.

Activisions claim that p2p hosting is more secure than Dedicated servers, and that they are getting rid of dedicated servers to help control cheating, is nothing more than a lie sadly. Dedicated servers ARE much more secure than p2p, but Activision can make a LOT more money with p2p because they control the updates with this format. And selling map packs every 3 months to milk more money out of the consumers wouldn't be possible.
  • crumbdunky - January 20, 2011 5:34 a.m.

Meh, MW2, WaW,COD4 are all hacked to bits on PSN, Live AND on PC and if you just play with random people it's always been a risk on Live and PSN on Blops too. This all started before any of the P{S3 hacking nonsense and, if anything, this has just made it a bit worse. Sadly, the signs that Acti had, again, made one of their devs(Treyarch this time) take every available cost cutting corner were rife even BEFORE release. Yet again the dev budget was less than half the marketing. Yet again P2P on HD consoles rather than the dedicated servers a game this size should be running on in 2010/11. Yet again no beta. Yet again too little QA testing left paying consumers to buy an unfinished game and pay for the honour of doing beta AND QA testing for Activision. Is it any wonder that a game where they can't balance the weapons or keep bugs and glitches down to anything like a decent level has been hacked to ribbons so easily? Not to me-and I'#m not going to want a sealed copy for another system either-and how dare they assume that's an answer for people anyway? Their game doesn't work as advertised on opne platform so instead of doing anything about it they hope you have more than one gaming platform? WTF? Very free with everyone else's money for a company that just released the same game(with more issues than it had when it began)for the FOURTH year running-and it gets more diluted from COPD to COD every single time as COD4 is EASILY still the best game out of the four. Was playing MoH and BFBC2 before and didn't see any hacklkers, cheats or glitcheres-I know they exist but on PSN todfay the difference b etween EA's shooters and Actis was day and night. Why is the most profitable game EVER made so weak? Why is nit still so easily messed about with? Now, don't get me wrong, the core game of COD4(as we have since it's release in the series)is still fun today in BO like it is in MW1. I LIKE COD but, Christ on a bike am I sick of the series being milked and it's fans being led by the nose through mountains of Acti PR BS when the truth is they don;'t care how bad the game's have got as long as they sell. Let them take down the servers(they won't)as the reaction would be massive and might make them buck up a bit. On a side note-I'm not a massive expert so would dedicated servers not give them more control over this kind of thing rather than P2P and mere matchmaking servers? Certainly the game's profitable enough to run them if bloody KZ2, Warhawk and both Resistance titles do on PSN, surely? Would also remove the bogawful attempt Trey made at getting rid of host advantage-hosts always quitting out on Live and PSN(haven't played any BO on PC and it's dedis there anyway IIRC)because they find it too hard to compete as Treyarch nerf hosts so poorly. THEN on PSN as the migration of host NEVER worked you always have to start again with the big risk that even if it does work the next host will do the same damn thing.Happens ALL the time for exactly this reason and has since day one with Trey never even mentioning thinking about a fix. Seriously, they'll moan abgout this cos they think Sony will taje some blame for them not giving a crap about the games they sell nd force their devs to undertest.
  • Hobojedi - January 20, 2011 5:05 a.m.

Bobby Kodick just sees that it is cheaper to shut down servers entirely.
  • McCade23 - January 20, 2011 5:01 a.m.

Where is it that i can contact Activision to get them to accept my PS3 copy and exchange it for the Xbox copy. Cuz i have had it with being kicked out of every other match
  • dbarnes1967 - September 27, 2011 11:42 p.m.

Are you forking retarted McCade23 everyone should drive over the xbunk and save yourself the headache only thing is xbunk gets to suck your wallet dry for their online play for every month and hackers rampid just the same!!!
  • mausjake - January 20, 2011 5:01 a.m.

What makes mad about the whole thing is they want to take this to court over paying for an "unfinished product". YOUR ONLINE IS FREE! You get what you pay for, and that my friends on the PSN, is absolutely nothing.
  • Jared117 - January 20, 2011 4:27 a.m.

HA!!!! PS3 sucks!!! Go 360!
  • WillisTron - January 20, 2011 4:16 a.m.

@db1331 I just had my COD stats all unlocked unwillingly - I didn't have a chance to boot him/leave the game. It's not that big a deal to me, but to say the 360 treats you 'like a kid' just because they enforce no-hacking is kind of silly
  • EnragedTortoise1 - January 20, 2011 4:14 a.m.

Right, because the 360 isn't hacked at all! T_T
  • db1331 - January 20, 2011 4:07 a.m.

I had a cheater join my game once. He was running an aimbot and headshotting everyone in sight. Instead of whining about it or finding another lobby (lol), we just kicked him off the server and perma-banned him. If you want to play on a platform that treats you like a kid and decides when and how you will play, this is what will happen.
  • ajcull - January 20, 2011 3:11 a.m.

@donutman7 it's substancially easier to develop for the 360, and if you're developping a multiplatform game, it's much easier to go from the 3 cpus on the 360 to the 7 spus on the ps3 versus the other way around.It's not activision's fault
  • Gameguy94 - January 20, 2011 3:09 a.m.

Good riddance! Maybe now PSN gamers can move on to better games.
  • donutman7 - January 20, 2011 2:59 a.m.

It's really activision's fault for developing such a crappy port and not working on the game starting with the PS3
  • UDNTNOME - January 20, 2011 2:33 a.m.

i belive its people complaining about the copius amounts of lag.
  • gopikmin - January 20, 2011 2:32 a.m.

Geohot's code did not allow pirates or really anything affecting games. Hackers directly hack the games and would be too lazy to pirate the game that way.
  • dsoccerfan - January 20, 2011 2:31 a.m.

This game was the first one I got for my PS3 and then I found out my internet sucks (it worked fine on the WII). Anyways, I play online at my friends house and I've never encountered hackers.
  • jayleedurr - January 20, 2011 2:29 a.m.

I have'nt had any problems with hackers or cheaters in blops and I've been playin since release, only in mw2 which is horible right now.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 20, 2011 2:28 a.m.

How did the XBox 360 go this far without getting hacked apart like the PS3? That's my big question