• BlackKnight2000 - December 9, 2013 7:04 a.m.

Even though the gameplay was lacking and the story didn't come together for me, by Odin's beard did the visuals in Bioshock Infinite reach breathtaking moments at time.
  • wolfyman1000 - December 9, 2013 6:47 a.m.

This developers get me sick to my stomach stop alawys trying to cram graphics down our throughts with this short games its sad.i dont mind waitn for a good game remember old gen when tou wanted a costume all you had to do was beat the game multiple times whst happen to.that now you have to buy them people we're being riped off there charing us 65$ for a game you beat in a day on the hardest difficultie think.they finally gave us gta 5 and there's this big world but no buildings to explore smh head developers gotta do better by us.just to think how long it would take to beat old gen games ps1"ps2"n64 etc.they gotta start making better quality for us and not just mire money for them.the time it takes to make a short game they can work hard and make a longer better looking games.
  • wolfyman1000 - December 9, 2013 6:32 a.m.

If there gonna put current gen games on ps4 i should notice a difference.... Like i wana see sleeping dogs on next get but better more of a world to explore...in car camera so when your driving so when your drivin you see you're self driving and pushing on the gas.also i would love to see mafia 2 with some updates on next gen like more cars more exciting missions like jumping out of windows to escape more fires and horse in the bed type stuff that would be awsome.and getin off topic i wana see a new onimusha next gen using simonoske with all new swords like water and swords of life and death that could bring certain genma back to life ro help you.also the old devil may cry back not that crapy emo dante i wana see nero new and imroved....bring back vergil cuz its obvious nero is vergils son fyi he's the only one that uses that sword.
  • Tidus0203 - December 9, 2013 6:31 a.m.

Sorry but not everyone has 1000+ to enjoy ultra ultimate max climax settings on a pc to enjoy the witcher 2 *as its meant to be as you put it* but i probably will enjoy it as much on 360 as any other pc player. But yeah most of these games needs sequels but Castlevania lords of shadows 2 wouldve been even more beutiful on next gen systems.
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 9, 2013 6:38 a.m.

I know that not everyone can afford mega-PCs. That's why I wrote this article. Now that consoles are roughly equal to most gaming PCs in terms of power (yes, I said 'roughly equal'), now is the time to give us the games that benefit most from PC-level visuals.
  • Ensoul - December 9, 2013 6:18 a.m.

I'd add Batman Arkham Origins, if only so they could fix that rage inducing buggy game and it's unreliable fighting system. I love the series, but last night alone 3 times I had to turn off (and turn back on) my frozen Xbox. Just tell WB they get to charge people again for the costumes; they'll green light it after that.
  • Shigeruken - December 9, 2013 8:36 a.m.

Arkham Origins alone? Nah, admittedly I'm only two thirds into the game, but its really not on the same level as the other games. Now a next gen Arkham trilogy? Certainly! If you play Arkham Origins (as in Origins > Asylum > City) first, its poor level design, poorly written dialog, repetitive combat and dull boss fights are almost forgiveable.
  • Ensoul - December 9, 2013 9:41 a.m.

Yeah, coming off City, it's mistakes are painfully glaring. I really want to like it though, there's some neat ideas there that maybe some extra time to fine tune would have resolved. The trilogy just has the original games as download codes, only Origins is on a disc. I just figure retooling the latest one for next gen would be the easiest one to do.
  • Shigeruken - December 9, 2013 9:58 p.m.

I think doing City would be just as easy, I played both CIty and Origins on PC and City actually looks a little better. The PC versions would probably be acceptable as next gen releases, although without a significant technological leap I'm not really sure how you would market them. You can't call it an hd remake or anything similar.
  • mafyooz - December 9, 2013 6:02 a.m.

I'm planning to wait a while before maybe buying a next-gen machine, but if an actual sequel to Bulletstorm was announced as an exclusive for any console I wouldn't be able to buy that system fast enough. Hell I'd even get an Ouya if it was only coming out on that! Deep plot structure and meaningful dialogue are all well and good, but there are times when nothing will do apart from over the top guns and gratuituous, almost poetic, profantity :)
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 9, 2013 6:12 a.m.

Agreed. The swears in Bulletstorm are a thing of beauty. General Serrano FTW.
  • mafyooz - December 9, 2013 6:32 a.m.

I've not actually played it for a while so I might have to stick it on later. After my kids are in bed, obviously. I really couldn't handle my 3 year old daughter yelling any of Serrano's finest lines the next time I tell her she can't have a Peppa Pig comic whilst we're out shopping ;)
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 9, 2013 6:41 a.m.

Yeah, that kind of language would easily get you banned from Morrisons.
  • combodombie - December 9, 2013 6:26 a.m.

Agreed.
  • Shigeruken - December 9, 2013 8:32 a.m.

I didn't actually believe the hype surrounding the game at first. I picked it up when it was on sale on xbox live a few months ago. Boy was I wrong!
  • mafyooz - December 9, 2013 9:12 a.m.

I only bought it because it was included in a 3 for 2 offer and everything else seemed to be sports games (which don't interest me at all), so I had no real expectations for it and thought I'd be trading it in pretty quickly. Instead I had a massive grin on my face from start to finsh, and in the 30 or so years I've been gaming there's not many other titles I can say the same about :)
  • Ritcheyz - December 9, 2013 5:55 a.m.

How about instead of remaking Skyrim, a completely boring game, they do something original?
  • Shigeruken - December 9, 2013 5:49 a.m.

Imagine how great it would be if Bethesda gave Skyrim a little more love. They could add more travelling npcs to the world (one of the first mods I installed), release a proper hd texture pack, improve follower ai and commands, introduce more dog textures etc. With a small amount of work another $60 could be easily justifiable. As far as the Witcher 2 goes, I wouldn't be surprised if that's already being worked on. Graphically the PC version rivals any of the prettiest next gen games, with how easy it is to port games between platforms now that they're all x86 based, it seems like a great opportunity for CD Projekt to say "hey, look at how graphically impressive our game was three years ago, imagine what we can do now" If it were ported to PS4, I would buy it. (Just like I bought the 360 version even though I had already finished the PC version). The game is fantastic and CD Projekt RED deserves all the money I can justify giving them!
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 9, 2013 5:56 a.m.

You talk a LOT of sense. I think with CD Projekt, the barrier is resources. Was lucky enough to visit them last year. Great bunch of developers, VERY talented, but their team is so tiny compared to other studios. If they hired more staff, then yes, Witcher 2 would probably go next-gen. And yes, I'd totally buy it again too.
  • Shigeruken - December 9, 2013 8:31 a.m.

Yeah that's a shame really. And I have the impression that they aren't the sort of studio that would contract out the port to another developer. If I were ever to visit Poland, it would be to bring those guys cookies.