Topics

Mortal Kombat

• jackthemenace - August 27, 2012 2:20 p.m.

This film is the same age as *I* am, and yet I still haven't seen it. I'm adding it to the list of films I absolutely have to watch before I die. But, there's only so much room... Oh well, buh-bye Citizen Kane. Goro in teh video on the last page is freaking terrifying. I'd be too scared to even be in the same room as it, let alone punch it full force. And I'm pretty sure at one point in the same video I saw Bill and Ted as members of the crowd.
  • nikrusty - August 28, 2012 3:27 a.m.

All due respect to the movie...but They gotta make a darker gorier sequel true to the game, characters and lore
  • Mooshon - August 28, 2012 4 a.m.

Drunk, with uni friends at a light night showing in '95. To this day I don't think I've had a better time in a cinema. Remember laughing hysterically at the techno fuelled liu kang/reptile scrap. Good times. The quintessential cheesy gamer film for me.
  • rxb - August 28, 2012 9:27 a.m.

I not really a big MK fan and never really liked the film much, but this in depth analysis is spot on. You could even go on to say that the film copies the games in another way, being a bit crap overall.
  • Scrotie McBoogerballs - August 28, 2012 12:11 p.m.

Nah. You couldn't. Good try, though.
  • johnny-greer - June 10, 2014 6:10 p.m.

you could say that, if you had about as much taste as tap water as far as game to movie adaptations go, it did a bloody alright job, the vast majority of films out now are cheesy as f*ck, atleast MK was fun to watch
  • code_r - August 28, 2012 2:41 p.m.

Stunningly awful perhaps. A bloodless MK? Flawless Victory after taking hits? Scorpion/SZ being reduced to mind slaves for some reason? Please. It was never good past that opening logo.
  • ChiChiRocket - August 28, 2012 7:51 p.m.

As a kid, I was always offended at the end of the movie when Liu Kang called "flawless victory." Shang Tsung got all kinds of hits in on him!