• urfreegiftscom - April 6, 2010 3:20 p.m.

Hi, Here's how to get yourself a free PS3, iPod, wii or even cash!. Just go to - urfreegifts.com It's FREE and has been­ researched by the BBC to be absolutely genuine. Simply­ go to the site and select the gift you would like or­ cash if you prefer. For full info and proof its real­ just go to urfreegifts.com
  • nummymuffin - March 31, 2010 1:50 a.m.

I assume naming the space staion "The Sprawl" is a refrence to William Gibson.
  • LionheartAce - March 30, 2010 4:22 p.m.

As long as the Co-Op is separate I would be ok with it, a la Uncharted 2. :3
  • FuriousAngel - March 30, 2010 10:08 a.m.

I agree with everything but the plot issues. Like Bioshock before it you could either happily play through the game knowing only what you need to (I'm on a rescue mission but it turns out the mining vessel is crawling with zombie creatures, I need to escape,) but there was also a well written, interesting backstory exploring the control organised religion can have over normally rationale people. You didn't HAVE to search for audio diaries to learn the backstory but it made for a deeper experience for those that did. The only negative is how little it felt you influenced the plot through decisions you or your character made as you also seemed to be following other people's orders (which is something the first Bioshock also suffered from, although that was nicely incorporated into the themes of its narrative and helped expose the common lack of control the majority of games have regarding the linearity of their plots). If you think ANY Resident Evil plot is better than Dead Space's just because they're "simple" then maybe Mr Men books are the way to go.
  • philipshaw - March 30, 2010 9:48 a.m.

Great article, they already said the main character is going to have a voice this time around. Hope Nolan North does it!
  • Rhymenocerous - March 30, 2010 9:48 a.m.

Also, I'd like to revisit areas whenever I like. I just don't dig the one-way tram thing in the first game. Bioshock 2 also made that mistake.
  • TheWebSwinger - March 30, 2010 7:59 a.m.

DAMN! Styrophoamicus beat me to it.
  • TheWebSwinger - March 30, 2010 7:58 a.m.

Man what is up with GR UK using the word "hella" lately? As a Nor Cal native, that kinda unsettles me... still though, I agree with everything on the list. Aside from maybe the Talking-Isaac bit. You just KNOW they'd hire Nolan North.
  • RebornKusabi - March 30, 2010 3:23 a.m.

I may not know what a "chinwag" is, but if it's a euphemism for "sexing her face", then I would take Sheva up on that offer. /hormonal male tendencies lol On point, I loved Dead Space, and didn't find the story THAT hard to follow, but I honestly completely agreed with everything else! Great article!
  • CH3BURASHKA - March 30, 2010 3:15 a.m.

Double post here! In response to the 'baddie variety' category, I wouldn't hold my breath too much. The recently-awesome Irrational Games podcast brought up baddie variety and how difficult non-bipedal characters were in terms of movement and momentum/believability. However, maybe Visceral is saying 'fuck it' and going all out on this one.
  • CH3BURASHKA - March 30, 2010 3:01 a.m.

I wonder what kind of voice actor they will go for: the Nathan Drake (ironic, light-hearted) or the Vin Diesel (deep voice, serious as shit, slightly religious intonations). Or Batman, AKA "I will get this shit done."
  • WhiskeyBit - March 30, 2010 1:18 a.m.

I think there should be a certain type of necromorph that is constructed of bad decisions and painfull memories that was committed by the protagonist earlier in his life. Whatever the heck that means... can't wait for this game!!
  • Styrophoamicus - March 30, 2010 12:41 a.m.

@Conman93 and he'll probably be voice by Nolan North too!
  • Styrophoamicus - March 30, 2010 12:40 a.m.

I'd like antigravity where you can actually hover around and are propelled along by a stabilizer or something, instead of just doing 'superjumps' across the room. Also, I think a Horde/survival mode would be pretty cool
  • nuno004 - March 29, 2010 11:09 p.m.

i kinda feel left out here, i have no xbox 360 just a gay wii which so far is only good for tatsunoko vs. capcom. ;(
  • Conman93 - March 29, 2010 8:07 p.m.

This will be great. Hopefully isacc will have a cool personality ( nathan drake-ish) and there will be as much scares as there is action, unlike resi 5. Whatever the case, this is a must buy for me!
  • RonnyLive19881 - March 29, 2010 5:34 p.m.

"So logically I would like to see them do the same thing again, but this time taking the best parts of DS1, RE4, and RE5." Unless you are talking about the coop, taking from RE4 is taking from RE5 Lol.
  • RonnyLive19881 - March 29, 2010 5:32 p.m.

If they don't bring coop I'm not buying.
  • Embolado - March 29, 2010 4:58 p.m.

I wanna drive on the moon recaptch: stroll repented
  • SuperStingray - March 29, 2010 4:56 p.m.

I don't know what's so confusing about the plot. Mining ship finds alien artifact. Mining ship takes alien artifact. Alien artifact releases parasites that turn dead people into zombies. Religious group believes this is the next step in human evolution and should be propagated. Ship breaks down. An engineer and his group comes to repair it. Alien artifact releases mind control waves trying to convince people to return it. One betrays the engineer by trying to sell it on the black market. Engineer tries to return it, but is unsuccessful and flies off. There, I just broke it down for you in detail in 9 steps. I agree about the rest. Except the co-op. One thing that Dead Space did wrong is isolation. Yes, you were alone almost the whole game, but that was strongly subverted by having your mates contact you every two minutes. In Dead Space 2, I want it to be just me versus zombies and maybe another crazy religious zealot. Besides, co-op just would likely end up being no more two people trying to play the same game. It would be worthless if they're not really going to be interacting with or assisting each other.