Topics

Japan

• AuthorityFigure - November 12, 2012 1:12 a.m.

Well Japan did close its borders for 200 years, that has had some long-lasting effect I believe. But, they pioneered the Video Game, and if the US doesn't like what they're doing, then perhaps the US should keep going on its own track - it seems to be working for them. I personally prefer Japanese games because they are usually more eccentric and don't take themselves so seriously.
  • kyle94 - November 11, 2012 8:34 p.m.

You know, there are quite a few comments on here that seem to pretty much be "Oh no! Someone doesn't like what I watch and says it's boring! Well, obviously, whatever they watch is much worse and more boring than what I like, and I shall insult and demean it!" Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and people have different interests than others. You'd think this would be more understood on a gaming website, considering how there are so many different kinds of games for different kinds of people with different interests and likes. You can tell from reading the comments of almost any review of people saying the reviewer wasn't harsh enough on the game, or was too harsh, etc. However, I don't know. Maybe all the comments for this article are actually appropriate. I can't tell, because I seem to be the only person who uses Firefox and yet has the GR slideshows not work for me about 25% of the time. So, I'm sure it's a very nice article which I will read once it starts working for me in 12-24 hours, like it normally takes.
  • ohms - November 11, 2012 8:09 p.m.

MH is not the sole reason why PSP outsells Vita in Japan. The major reason is there are plenty of Galges (dating sims) and JRPGs still being developed for the system. If you check the Japanese game chart of last week, you will see that there're 3 PSP titles in the top 10. This proves that PSP market still being active in Japan. And because Vita is lacking of backward compatibility, there's no reason for Japanese gamer and also developer to move to the new platform.
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 11, 2012 6:53 p.m.

Yay! You fixed it for Chrome users!
  • Rub3z - November 11, 2012 9:57 p.m.

I don't get people's troubles with the slideshow format. I've been a devout Chrome user for a long time now, and the slideshow has always worked. I've seen people complain about the slideshow format, sure, but why would it work for some people and not for others? Besides, I actually like the slideshow format. I don't have to scroll as much anymore to read text that may span down the whole page and I'm looking at more big, pretty pictures. This isn't to say I'm against reading, just... scrolling.
  • JachAnen - November 11, 2012 11:39 p.m.

I think it is weird to. I'm using Firefox, and when I use my school's computers the slide didn't work, but my PC and laptop have no problems, even though I'm slow at updating my PC. Great article. The soccer one was funny, but you might want to elaborate, like it's the most watched sport in the world (I think).
  • bass88 - November 11, 2012 6:46 p.m.

Says it all, really: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAshUI62NfQ
  • J-Fid - November 11, 2012 5:39 p.m.

Lol at the soccer slide. So true.
  • mitro - November 11, 2012 5:33 p.m.

Soccer? beacause The entire planet enjoy soccer that's why there is a WORLD CUP, and USA sucks in soccer I don't see many countries besides USA enjoying "American football"
  • winner2 - November 11, 2012 5:47 p.m.

It's a joke, soccer-dude. Relax.
  • lordbhaal9 - November 11, 2012 10:08 p.m.

lol cause most people are wimps and dont like to play tough games...
  • bebl09 - November 12, 2012 7:54 p.m.

If American football players are so tough, why do they need to wear body armour and helmets?
  • lordlundar - November 11, 2012 5:16 p.m.

Number 5 actually makes sense. It's much the same reason why longer session games on the handhelds (RPGs and large scale action games for example) have an option in some form or another to save anywhere.
  • vinicius-osti - November 11, 2012 4:23 p.m.

FIFA outsells Madden in every country in the world, except the US. What about that?
  • shawksta - November 11, 2012 4:16 p.m.

This is a rather interesting article to explain things "American Gamers" wont understand.
  • Montebello - November 11, 2012 3:53 p.m.

Yes, soccer is very boring. And I'm Brazilian.
  • lordbhaal9 - November 11, 2012 10:10 p.m.

blasphemer... xD
  • taokaka - November 11, 2012 3:40 p.m.

The answer to the last question is a lot simpler, just watch a typical Japanese soccer game recap like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79i-tjzA1DM isn't that a lot more exciting than watching a man-child fall over and cry to the ref about how he got tripped by that mean guy on the other team and how he should get a free kick.
  • Hobogonigal - November 11, 2012 7:36 p.m.

I now understand Mario Strikers All-Stars for Wii after watching that video.
  • winner2 - November 11, 2012 3:38 p.m.

I knew monster hunter was practically the best reason to own a psp but I never knew it was the root of these other things too. Jesus they sure did hit gold when they made that game.