Topics

Japan

• shawksta - November 11, 2012 4:16 p.m.

This is a rather interesting article to explain things "American Gamers" wont understand.
  • vinicius-osti - November 11, 2012 4:23 p.m.

FIFA outsells Madden in every country in the world, except the US. What about that?
  • lordlundar - November 11, 2012 5:16 p.m.

Number 5 actually makes sense. It's much the same reason why longer session games on the handhelds (RPGs and large scale action games for example) have an option in some form or another to save anywhere.
  • mitro - November 11, 2012 5:33 p.m.

Soccer? beacause The entire planet enjoy soccer that's why there is a WORLD CUP, and USA sucks in soccer I don't see many countries besides USA enjoying "American football"
  • winner2 - November 11, 2012 5:47 p.m.

It's a joke, soccer-dude. Relax.
  • lordbhaal9 - November 11, 2012 10:08 p.m.

lol cause most people are wimps and dont like to play tough games...
  • bebl09 - November 12, 2012 7:54 p.m.

If American football players are so tough, why do they need to wear body armour and helmets?
  • J-Fid - November 11, 2012 5:39 p.m.

Lol at the soccer slide. So true.
  • bass88 - November 11, 2012 6:46 p.m.

Says it all, really: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAshUI62NfQ
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 11, 2012 6:53 p.m.

Yay! You fixed it for Chrome users!
  • Rub3z - November 11, 2012 9:57 p.m.

I don't get people's troubles with the slideshow format. I've been a devout Chrome user for a long time now, and the slideshow has always worked. I've seen people complain about the slideshow format, sure, but why would it work for some people and not for others? Besides, I actually like the slideshow format. I don't have to scroll as much anymore to read text that may span down the whole page and I'm looking at more big, pretty pictures. This isn't to say I'm against reading, just... scrolling.
  • JachAnen - November 11, 2012 11:39 p.m.

I think it is weird to. I'm using Firefox, and when I use my school's computers the slide didn't work, but my PC and laptop have no problems, even though I'm slow at updating my PC. Great article. The soccer one was funny, but you might want to elaborate, like it's the most watched sport in the world (I think).
  • ohms - November 11, 2012 8:09 p.m.

MH is not the sole reason why PSP outsells Vita in Japan. The major reason is there are plenty of Galges (dating sims) and JRPGs still being developed for the system. If you check the Japanese game chart of last week, you will see that there're 3 PSP titles in the top 10. This proves that PSP market still being active in Japan. And because Vita is lacking of backward compatibility, there's no reason for Japanese gamer and also developer to move to the new platform.
  • kyle94 - November 11, 2012 8:34 p.m.

You know, there are quite a few comments on here that seem to pretty much be "Oh no! Someone doesn't like what I watch and says it's boring! Well, obviously, whatever they watch is much worse and more boring than what I like, and I shall insult and demean it!" Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and people have different interests than others. You'd think this would be more understood on a gaming website, considering how there are so many different kinds of games for different kinds of people with different interests and likes. You can tell from reading the comments of almost any review of people saying the reviewer wasn't harsh enough on the game, or was too harsh, etc. However, I don't know. Maybe all the comments for this article are actually appropriate. I can't tell, because I seem to be the only person who uses Firefox and yet has the GR slideshows not work for me about 25% of the time. So, I'm sure it's a very nice article which I will read once it starts working for me in 12-24 hours, like it normally takes.
  • AuthorityFigure - November 12, 2012 1:12 a.m.

Well Japan did close its borders for 200 years, that has had some long-lasting effect I believe. But, they pioneered the Video Game, and if the US doesn't like what they're doing, then perhaps the US should keep going on its own track - it seems to be working for them. I personally prefer Japanese games because they are usually more eccentric and don't take themselves so seriously.
  • wheresmymonkey - November 12, 2012 1:37 a.m.

Why don't YOU enjoy watching Soccer? Its a damn site more exciting than Baseball. And American football. pfft. pussy's version of rugby.
  • SentientSquidMachine - November 12, 2012 4:36 a.m.

Agreed. I'd like to see the US take a stab at Aussie-Rules.
  • EdDeRs1 - November 12, 2012 6:25 a.m.

i say let them get broken in two by the All Blacks first then give them Aussie-Rules to deal with, punny Americans...
  • winner2 - November 12, 2012 10:54 a.m.

I'm no genius or anything, but I strongly suspect you've been successfully trolled.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - November 12, 2012 9:55 a.m.

As an American, let me say that I don't like watching American football, or soccer or baseball or hockey or any of that boring crap. Playing a sport is one thing, but why watch sports? Laziness?