• Vagrant - January 15, 2010 4:31 a.m.

GR embedding MP3s in the articles is a bit annoying. Makes my browser automatically lock up so it can load quicktime and start loading the files without me asking. If they were kept in a flash player and/or didn't do anything till you clicked on it, it'd be better. But the feature itself was really interesting. I had been wondering what these references everyone had been talking about were. The Metroid logo seemed like a bizarre stretch though. Though I'm surprised you didn't mention that DMC1 had a Space Harrier stage thing. If I remember correctly, anyway. There were loads I wouldn't have gotten. "Flock off, featherface" is epic, but I didn't remember Dante's "Let's rock, baby" or anything. And I can't believe 'The Giant Lava Spider' is breaking into other franchises.
  • Cwf2008 - January 15, 2010 4:13 a.m.

Okami again? Must...resist...urge to buy Okami now... Anyway for another reference how about the Naughty Tentacles achievements? Im sure some of you more perverse people out there would get it...
  • Metroidhunter32 - January 15, 2010 2:17 a.m.

You shoulda have had one more Okami refernce for number 30. Nice to know it gets recognized though
  • Kaz993 - January 15, 2010 12:47 a.m.

Henshin a go-go was pushing it, but the rest were pretty obvious. since yer probably going to find more and do a part 2 or something, somehow. and it will mention Okami. A lot.
  • Lurkero - January 15, 2010 12:27 a.m.

Radar is on the case again. Another great investigative (sorta) feature.
  • SanjiTheShining - January 15, 2010 12:18 a.m.

Also, Bayonetta's motorcycle is alot like Dante's, and an Enzo is referenced in Devil May Cry --> http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Enzo_Ferino
  • SanjiTheShining - January 15, 2010 12:11 a.m.

I had the subtitles on when I played and I dont remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it WAS Henshin-a go go
  • dante1924 - January 15, 2010 12:08 a.m.

How Bayonetta likes to make you feel guilty for not buying their games when they were clover, huh? They also reference Viewtiful Joe somewhere in Okami. Forget where, though.
  • nik41507 - January 15, 2010 12:07 a.m.

Wow Now I know where the "Whatya buyin" sound from the Tdars during game deals came from
  • Fhiz - January 14, 2010 11:56 p.m.

When you first see Luka running in a white cloak, there is about a two second clip of him jumping with doves all around him, Assassin's Creed reference, with out a doubt.
  • Cyberninja - January 14, 2010 11:52 p.m.

i might get bayonetta i am not sure yet but wow just wow at platnum they must like okami more than GR if thats possable
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - January 14, 2010 11:45 p.m.

Can't sneak anything by you guys, can I? I stopped short of adding a caption reading "Thought he was hot, guess what? He's not" under Joe's tombstone, though.
  • Jacob816 - January 14, 2010 11:38 p.m.

Hidden referance in article about hidden referances: "So, so dead" is a callback to "You are Dead" from TDar 20 :D
  • CelticSpectre - January 14, 2010 10:42 p.m.

This game is mental and very hard. But good. Think I might restart it on a easier setting. Just done with Demons souls and don't feel like another steep challenge just yet.