• 510BrotherPanda - September 2, 2011 8:09 p.m.

1. The word "Macikoopa" is misspelled in the Magikoopa entry. 2. The music in the Ghost Houses would sometimes slow to a crawl because of the Boos; Brett pointed out that the SNES sometimes couldn't handle the extra stuff, like in Star Fox. 3. Even after all these years, I have NEVER betrayed Yoshi; I always died with him.
  • D0CCON - September 2, 2011 5:54 p.m.

I played a GBA port of this. I remember liking it a lot. I also remember hating Magikoopa, so I can't agree to everything on this list.
  • juicenpancakes - September 2, 2011 5:38 p.m.

Truly one of my top five all-time favorite games, I have to beat it at least twice a year. It's genuinely as great now as the day it came out.
  • CitizenWolfie - September 2, 2011 5:08 p.m.

This was my first ever console game and the first I ever finished 100%. Or *96'd at least. I cannot describe how much this game means to me.
  • CitizenWolfie - September 2, 2011 5:24 p.m.

Oh by the way GR, you do realise you can complete SMW with only one castle and Bowser's castle finished? Thank you Star World!
  • gondarpwns - September 2, 2011 4:57 p.m.

Man now ima go play my SMW rom
  • MonocledYaoGuai - September 2, 2011 4:53 p.m.

Mario World is still my favorite Mario game of all time. Awesome article!
  • lilspooky - September 2, 2011 4:48 p.m.

Super Mario World is still my Fav Mario game. 20 years! Damn it, im old!
  • tomthespesh - September 2, 2011 4:45 p.m.

Dammit this is the only Mario Game I haven't played in my 19 years on this planet. I had a NES but went straight to the N64, I feel a trip to the virtual console might be in order...
  • MaynardJ - September 2, 2011 4:29 p.m.

Wait a sec... there was a vertical throw?? Back in the day I borrowed this from a friend without the manual. I beat Bowser by flying up with the cape. and tossing the downed enemy at him at the exact right time while coming down. It took me ages, and I could have saved a lot of trouble just knowing about this move. Also, I don't think I knew about punching through fences and how to properly fly using the cape either. I have to play this again SOON!
  • DryvBy - September 2, 2011 4:13 p.m.

Ugh, same here. I remember when this came out and when I beat it. Why can't my memory remember last night?
  • chrisat928 - September 2, 2011 4:04 p.m.

20 years ago? Christ I'm old.
  • DecoyOctorok - September 2, 2011 4:55 p.m.

I was 7 when the SNES was released and my nostalgia meter is off the charts right now after looking at those images from the game manual. Except for the Dreamcast, no console has ever wowed me in the way that the SNES did. The graphics were just such a huge jump up from the NES. It's amazing how much the games industry has changed since those days.