• ChrisAntistaSmellsLikePizza - October 21, 2009 11:13 p.m.

I just realized by rereading this list at how many of these games are for the original Xbox. Kinda sad cause I loved me some Xbox.
  • CH3BURASHKA - October 21, 2009 11:17 p.m.

I still have to play Okami, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, I'll do it soon, probably over Xmas break. Also, I have the Neverhood, and installed it a couple of days ago after ignoring it for years, COINCIDENCE OMG. That game is fucking awesome, and the "graphics" hold up due to it being a claymation. That Weasel(?) scene was hilarious. Also, there's a tree whose berries make the dude burp, which gets longer every time. I ate 3-4 berries and the guy burped for 20 minutes straight - I thought I had broken the game. I'm playing through it right now.
  • TrIp13G - October 21, 2009 11:50 p.m.

Look, over there! It's a Gamesradar article with Okami in it! Oh, wait...:P I actually really enjoyed this article, and it has given me some new wish list items.
  • CountFenring - October 22, 2009 12:09 a.m.

The Okami thing is getting a bit old now imo, anyone who is going to buy it already has or will even if you don't add it in every feature you can.
  • NotBraze - October 22, 2009 12:11 a.m.

I haven't played many of the games on this list but I LOVE Stranger's Wrath. It was so brilliantly bizarre and unique that I was totally baffled at the time why it was on the clearance shelf a few months after release. Now I realise that for the most part bizarre and unique are the very things the general public shuns, but I challenge anyone who has even a remote interest in video games to play through the first few challenges of this game and not get hooked.
  • FartsOnMilk - October 22, 2009 12:15 a.m.

Not to brag, but I got most of these games on this list. The only ones that I didn't play where Metal Arms, The Last Express, and GTA Chinatown Wars. At least I was lucky enough to play and remember them :)
  • superdude22 - October 22, 2009 12:43 a.m.

Good job guys. I agree 100% with this list (especially Okami, yes, I bought it)
  • vigeoman - October 22, 2009 12:49 a.m.

i cant wait for the okami sequel im really disipointed though it didnt do much better bought it and loved it
  • FrozenImplosion - October 22, 2009 12:53 a.m.

YES! Okami :D Sucks that these didn't get the sales they deserved :/
  • michaelmcc827 - October 22, 2009 1:12 a.m.

GOD DAMNIT, sneakin Okami in as the last fuckin entry...even if I played that game now, my expectations would be far too high for it, or I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. Great article though, and Grim Fandango is amazing.
  • Bri77777 - October 22, 2009 1:35 a.m.

I personally have Metal Arms, and i glad to say that it was a good play. Im surprised it didnt sell big, cause it had something some other games lacked:taking control over your enemies.
  • GameManiac - October 22, 2009 1:46 a.m.

The only four games from this list that I've seen/heard/cared mildly about are Psychonauts (Thanks to Zero Punctuation), Okami (Thanks to X-play), Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Thanks to X-play again!), and Grim Fandango (???????). This article just goes to show you that some people don't do video game research. (And in an unrelated note, watch Zero Punctuation on www.escapistmagazine.com! I know skyguy343 has!)
  • idunno - October 22, 2009 1:47 a.m.

Silicon Valley was an amazingly fun game, a little hard for a 6 year old, but there were cheats for things like that in those days.
  • NelosAngelos - October 22, 2009 2:05 a.m.

Aw Okami, I love you so. Still love you in fact. Wish I had a DS...and I either own, or have played at least half of the games on here. SSSV FTW YEAAAAH!!!
  • Leelu - October 22, 2009 2:14 a.m.

Shenmue II, Jet Set Radio Future, and Psychonauts are GREAT games; I love playing them. I actually started up a new game of JSRF the other day. haha (And they are right about JSRF being better than JSR--the controls were both simplified and refined, making it much better to play. Plus, it was prettier than it's predecessor, and the worlds were bigger and more fun.) It always makes me so sad that they all tanked. 8( Beyond Good & Evil isn't a great game, but it was definitely good. Panzer Dragoon Orta was terrible, though, I thought. I hated playing that thing so much. Others, like the Oddworld game and Okami are games I always meant to check out, but just never got around to it. 8( I just don't understand how so many people can pass over all these gems for the shitty "mainstream" games that get churned out every other day.
  • omglazerpewpew - October 22, 2009 2:16 a.m.

what about project breakdown by namco?
  • John-117 - October 22, 2009 2:17 a.m.

I couldn't love The Neverhood anymore. I make it a point to replay that game once a year. It is without a doubt my favorite point and click adventure game. Great characters, genuinely funny and fantastic puzzles. Great article, especially for saving The Neverhood for last.
  • Pytor - October 22, 2009 2:20 a.m.

I own 12 of these 18 :)
  • John-117 - October 22, 2009 2:21 a.m.

Bah, The Neverhood wasn't last, I just didn't see Okami, still a excellent article and a reminder that we should support the games/developers that have earned it the most.
  • Defguru7777 - October 22, 2009 2:25 a.m.

KNEW Okami was going to be on here! Shame about Chinatown Wars.