• iluvmyDS - April 30, 2009 1:35 a.m.

Loved all the selections. Hopefully we'll hear these on the podcast.
  • sharker - May 1, 2009 1:19 a.m.

wait, i don't know what i'm talking about
  • Red - May 2, 2009 12:39 a.m.

Gotta raise my hand here and say that I still listen to the music from Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future occasionally.
  • theatticusera - May 2, 2009 9:12 p.m.

Sonic rush is one of the best platormers ever :)
  • Kang81 - May 3, 2009 1:17 a.m.

Hands down, the music from the Donkey Kong Country series has the best scores ever! Aquatic Ambiance for the win...only the best video game song ever made, imo. Now if I could only find a way to take that track from my iPhone and turn it into a ring tone.
  • dland - May 4, 2009 12:46 a.m.

Good job Brett!! You did a fine article, and you are the master of VG music. I bow to you.
  • LionheartAce - May 4, 2009 3:06 p.m.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl OST is a beast, I crapped my pants at most all of the songs.
  • Fat - May 14, 2009 1:53 a.m.

I thoroughly remember the Donkey Kong ambient theme. I remember playing this game so long ago, I even remember that level being a pain in the ass. Aaahh, nostalgia.
  • arahman56 - February 27, 2010 12:04 a.m.

What? No love for Monty on the Run's theme? Unless you're told, you wouldn't even think that it's from a Commodore 64 game.
  • Imgema - May 18, 2010 11:33 p.m.

I would add F-Zero X. Why? Because, it has death metal music in it. Complete with nonsensical distorted vocals (listen to Devil's Forest theme). But that's not the only reason... The other reason is that its for Nintendo for Christ sake! You would never expect a soundtrack like that from a Nintendo developed game and of course you will NEVER see another one, ever again.
  • mrmorozov987 - June 10, 2010 9:43 p.m.

I can't believe you missed Doom. Doom! Blasting demons in the face wouldn't have been half as fun without the ear-splitting 90's hard rock.
  • ross_drew - January 11, 2012 8:42 a.m.

Aw what?! The Sensible themes never made it in? http://soundcloud.com/ross-drew