• KishouTenpi - November 8, 2013 8:07 a.m.

Post-game X&Y Really dissapointed me compared to all the others!
  • J-Fid - November 8, 2013 9:29 a.m.

Agreed.
  • shawksta - November 8, 2013 5 p.m.

It tends to be a trend but the post game is alright, the issue is that the second game of said gen ends up having something bigger to go through. Otherwise it's just like Diamond/Pearl/Black and White until the next version adds something bigger like Platinum's Battle frontier and Black/White 2's arena to fight past gym/elite
  • Swedish_Chef - March 4, 2014 11:19 p.m.

The post game of Pokemon is kind of hard to discuss, generally it depends on how into competitive play you are since usually the single player post game is quite weak. I really liked the idea of the Red bonus/true final boss in the gold/silver/crystal games as the ultimate challenge/exam but the problem is that he is so much higher levelled than every other trainer post game an there's very little additional fights/legendaries to catch that you're basically forced to grind the elite 4 until your Pokemon hit around level 70 before you can fight Red.
  • shawksta - March 5, 2014 4:10 p.m.

Yeah pretty much, it really depends on the players intention and if they are willing to be competitive or not. Heart Gold Soul Silver balances that out especially since the Elite 4 get stronger and get new Pokemon
  • EdDeRs1 - November 8, 2013 6:36 a.m.

100% Super Mario 3D land in week, admittedly I was on Holiday so I needed something to do when feigning illness to avoid climbing hills that only just qualify as mountains
  • Mdgeist316 - November 8, 2013 6:27 a.m.

Not many games have completely changed my outlook for a game on a second playthrough as much as Nier did. I would add Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger in there as well.
  • Swedish_Chef - November 8, 2013 6:23 a.m.

Super Meat Boy. So you think you're finally done with the game? TOO BAD WELCOME TO COTTON ALLEY!!! AND WHILE WE'RE AT IT HOW ABOUT YOU BEAT ALL OF THESE REMIXED, EVEN HARDER VERSIONS OF EVERY LEVEL IN THE GAME INCLUDING THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT FOR THE TRUE ENDING!!! ALSO COLLECT ALL OF THE BANDAGES, FIND ALL OF THE WARP/NEGATIVE ZONES, UNLOCK ALL OF THE CHARACTERS AND BEAT THE INTERNETS!!!
  • Shnubby - November 8, 2013 6:07 a.m.

Shadow of Memories is an awesome game! The voice acting may make you suicidal at first but pretty soon the rest of the game makes you realise that sometimes life is beautiful.
  • GR_AndyHartup - November 8, 2013 6:09 a.m.

Ha - yes, I remember the voice acting now. He always sounded so depressed. I suppose that's fair enough, as he was investigating his own murder.
  • Shnubby - November 9, 2013 4:11 a.m.

Yeah I suppose that's a pretty good reason!
  • Tranquilbez34 - November 8, 2013 6:03 a.m.

what about the WWE games since the Smackdown Vs. Raw 2011, you may have finished the story but you can always have endless amounts of fun in the Universe mode and creation suites :)
  • winner2 - November 8, 2013 5:37 a.m.

The ending description of the loneliness in the batman slide is exactly how I feel about games with any story I get even remotely invested in. Batman, farcry 3, GTA, all the AC games, anything. It always feels like the characters and the world have moved on without you, and you're just left to wander around. It's a sad feeling.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 8, 2013 5:36 a.m.

If you fully complete 3D Land (beat all levels with Mario AND Luigi and get golden flags on all levels), you also get a really cool, extremely challenging last level that makes Rayman Legends' 8-bit remix music levels easy by comparison. It's also beautiful and awesome though. Very rewarding.
  • Shyplay - November 8, 2013 11:19 a.m.

Wre the 8-bit remix levels supposed to be hard? I thought they were a reward...
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 8, 2013 7:27 p.m.

The parts where the screens would blur on a couple of them have me real issues. They were certainly also a reward though.
  • Eyebrows - November 8, 2013 5:09 a.m.

Isn't it impossible to explore New Vegas after completing the main story?
  • GR_AndyHartup - November 8, 2013 5:23 a.m.

So, yes, basically I'm an idiot for putting New Vegas in there. I did recently play (and love) Old World Blues, but I forgot that you needed to start a new game to play it. So my bad. I've swapped in AC4 Black Flag, because you can basically do loads of cool pirate stuff once the story is out of the way. Thanks for spotting the error.
  • Eyebrows - November 8, 2013 5:50 a.m.

I read somewhere that they were going to let you play on originally after people complained about Fallout 3 ending (pre-Broken Steel) but it was too difficult due to the different endings having too many different variables for the Mojave. Love all the DLC though. I think it's my favourite collection of DLC and almost wish Lonesome Road happened after the ending because it seems to bring the Courier's story full-circle.