12. A six-digit number can be found on the Scorpion tanks in Halo, which refers to the birth date of the game’s art director, Marcus R. Lehto. His initials also appear on Master Chief’s boots.
13. The first ever videogame Easter egg is considered to be that found in Adventure for Atari 2600, where the player could access a room displaying the name of the game’s creator.
14. First-person shooter Doom 3 contains a reference, found on an in-game PDA, to Brit sitcom The Office.
15. Guy Cihi, who played James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2, is a high-powered venture capitalist who was unexpectedly cast while taking his daughter to audition for a different game.
16. There are 504 pieces of character equipment in Final Fantasy X on PS2.
17. Michael Jackson, in some form or other, has appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Ready 2 Rumble Round 2, Space Channel 5 1 & 2, GTA: Vice City and, obviously, Moonwalker.
18. Back in 1995, Nintendo claimed that over 100 third-party titles were in the works for its subsequently stillborn Virtual Boy system.
19. Everybody Loves Katamari features a bonus level that involves collecting one million roses. It doesn’t have to be completed in one go, thankfully.
20. FIFA 2001 is the first and only game to date to use a "scratch and sniff" CD. The disc smelt of turf.
21. Fable: The Lost Chapters features Peter Molyneux’s gravestone.
Log in using Facebook to share comments, games, status update and other activity easily with your Facebook feed.