1. The play area of GTA: San Andreas is roughly 17 square miles. That’s about five times the size of Liberty City and four times the size of Vice City.
2. Cancelled Megadrive 32X game Ratchet & Bolt boasted a boss character that was 30 screens tall, and packed some 33 weapons.
3. God Hand’s Chihuahua races feature a dog called Mikami’s Head, a reference to the Resi creator’s claim that he’d rather lose his head than see Resident Evil 4 converted to PS2.
4. The maximum achievable score possible in a game of Pac-Man is 3,333,360 points.
5. Unreleased titles in the Oddworld series include The Hand of Odd, Squeek’s Oddysee and SligStorm.
6. Sega’s Space Channel 5 had a lawsuit brought against it by Lady Miss Kier, once a member of Deee-Lite, over similarities between her and lead character Ulala. She lost.
7. The first ever product released by Sony was a rice cooker.
8. PS2 robot action game Armored Core Nine Breaker has a training mode that features some 150 lessons.
9. The strangest videogame cameo? That would have to be Alien Hominid in an episode of The Sopranos.
10. Bizarre PS2 RPG Metal Saga (unreleased in Europe) features an ending sequence you can access from the introductory cut-scene.
11. In the original arcade Donkey Kong game, Mario was called Jumpman and he was a carpenter, not a plumber.