92. The speeding up of enemies in the 1978 original Space Invaders was an unintentional feature that stemmed from the way the game was programmed, but was retained.
93. The bestselling GameCube title of all time? That’ll be Super Smash Bros. Melee, with some six million copies under its belt.
94. The Sims managed to spend 82 weeks within the UK’s top ten PC games sales chart.
95. Metropolis Street Racer was released a total of three times on Dreamcast, thanks to various game bugs.
96. Throughout the creation of Forza Motorsport 2, the development team racked up a total of 41 speeding tickets. Two licences were also revoked.
97. Free-roaming PS2/Xbox action title Mercenaries features both Han Solo and Indiana Jones as unlockable characters.
98. Max Payne’s face is modelled on the face of Sam Lake, who wrote the game’s story and script.
99. ICO was first intended for release on PlayStation 1. Also, wispy waif girl Yorda was due to have horns, not lead character ICO.
100. Mega Man is blue thanks to the first format he appeared on – the NES – having a limited, blue-tinted selection of colours to display.
101. By exploiting a series of glitches, it’s possible to complete Super Mario 64 after collecting just one of the game’s 120 stars. Normally, you’re required to collect 70 of them.