Condemned: Criminal Origins
Time spent: Six hours
Condemned is one of those games that constantly rewards you as you play through, so it’s all about the quantity of Achievements you get, rather than the quality. If you spend long enough with the game, you can pick up the full thousand points. It doesn’t matter what difficulty level you’re playing on, the rewards will unlock as you play through. Here are a few basic tips for staying alive.
- Always be aware of the nearest health station, because you may have to track back to replenish your health if you take a beating.
- Don’t forget your taser. Use it to stun enemies before landing a heavy blow on them. If you’re out-gunned, you can steal your enemy’s weapon while they’re stunned.
- Blocking is overrated. Instead of wading in, try whacking your enemy then backing off to avoid their swing. While they’re off-balance after a swing, why not use your kick as a quick attack?
- Keep an eye on your firearm ammo. You don’t want to run out in the middle of a room filled with addicts, and ammo in this game is scarce.
- Although it is massively satisfying to go in for the big finish on a downed enemy, you may not have the time to do this. To finish them quickly, just kick them in the head and move on.
The key to racking up the most points is finding all the hidden birds and metal pieces (which always appear where you find eyes drawn on the wall – so look out for them) on each level. It just so happens that we have a handy guide to help you find them! Check out the cheats page to get our FAQ.
FIFA Soccer 2006
Time spent: Five hours
Although this isn’t the most recent FIFA game, it’s by far the easiest to score a perfect 1000 Achievement points from. It is the cheapest of the games on this list to buy new, but despite that, we still recommend you rent it. The points are easy to bag and once you’ve got ‘em, you probably won’t be back for more.
For a quick 50 points, grab the Win On Perfect achievement. There are two ways to get this one bagged. Firstly you can start a match as World XI versus Liechtenstein and try to crush the worst team with the best. Secondly, start up a game and let your opponents score all over you. Then, just before the final whistle go into the pause menu and change the team you’re controlling. You’ll then be awarded with the win.
Head to the cheats page for a quick guide detailing the rest of the Achievements.