Topics

PS4 Wii U xbox one

• Craza - September 18, 2013 1:30 a.m.

My fiance is soooo a technobabbler. I just laugh and shake my head. "Whatever, dear." I'm a bit of a flip-flopper, and have the mindset of a PC elitist, but not the hardware to fully pull off that persona. Haha. Also, I think you guys should have put two more in: The "I don't give two fucks and I'll wait a couple years before deciding which one to buy based off which has more games I want to play" gamer, and the "I don't give two fucks because I am dirt poor and cannot afford to drop another $400+ on a new console and games". THAT is me in a nutshell.
  • itrsteve - September 13, 2013 9:09 p.m.

To paraphrase Frank Zappa, I'm not rich, but there's a lot of times I wish I could say I'm not poor.
  • marc-lee-de-hugar - September 14, 2013 8:23 a.m.

I love Frank!!
  • Rub3z - September 13, 2013 10:19 a.m.

I'm fast becoming a PC elitist. Steam is continually sucking me in. And I'm powerless against the might of TEH SHINY GRAPHICS Also, why do people maintain the tired, exaggerated argument that jumping into PC gaming nirvana will cost you a boatload of money by comparison to consoles? Hasn't even GamesRadar helped to dispel this myth? For around 600 bucks (or more for better, albeit diminishing graphical returns) you can build a rig that will easily outclass the upcoming "next-gen" consoles. And see, the thing is, once you're in, you're not paying an average of 60 dollars for some of the greatest new and awesome games. New full-release games on Steam go for 50 without taxes most of the time and after that, there's boatloads of smaller games and wonderful indies going for Happy Meal prices, and that's to say nothing of Humble Bundles and ridiculous Steam sales happening because I guess Gabe Newell rolls out of bed every morning, flips 3 coins, and if all of them come up heads or something he decides it's a good day to have a sale.
  • marc-lee-de-hugar - September 14, 2013 8:23 a.m.

Haha spot on man!
  • talleyXIV - September 10, 2013 5:50 p.m.

Why isn't everyone a flip flopper? Brand loyalty is the dumbest thing.
  • mbavalo - September 10, 2013 4:42 p.m.

I like this article :)
  • Waldo - September 10, 2013 12:35 p.m.

Not all that proud of it, but I'm guess I'm about 50/50 of a Flip-flopping Over-reactor. I'd be more than happy to be a PC Elitist, but I'm not enough of a Richie Rich. We do need a healthy mix of everybody though, so get along fellas.
  • winner2 - September 10, 2013 8:54 a.m.

Turning towards PC elitist as of lately. A baby one without any real experience, but still that direction. I've been playing Skyrim again looking better than consoles and smooth as all hell, and mightily enjoying all the mods and awesome content from other people. Once I figure out nexus and make it look like those ridiculous pictures I'll feel more accomplished, but I'll get there. I'm not playing in the media room with my loud ass brothers and having to share the room anymore, and neither am I going to GameStop, or foresaking steam prices.
  • db1331 - September 10, 2013 10:50 a.m.

This is what I'm currently using. Just follow his directions, including downloading his recommended mods. As for the Nexus, it's almost as easy as the Steam Workshop. Just download the Nexus Mod Manager. Then whenever you see a mod you want, click the big "Download with NMM" button. Then just find the mod in the NMM program and click activate. Done. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936/?
  • winner2 - September 10, 2013 11:10 a.m.

Awesome, I appreciate it. Can't wait to try it later.
  • db1331 - September 10, 2013 11:12 a.m.

I should mention, you need to have a pretty serious PC to be able to run ENB at a decent framerate. You might just try installing his ENB first to see how it performs before you download all his other stuff. Unless you have a kickass rig, which in that case, just go for it.
  • winner2 - September 10, 2013 3:29 p.m.

Alright, well as I said I'm really new to taking pc gaming more seriously than console, so I'm not fully pc spec/tech savvy yet. I do know I have an intel i7-2600k, 8 gigs of RAM, and a GTX 560 Ti. Also, I didn't intend for this to be specifically a hardcore gaming pc when I got it as it was a birthday present when I needed a good computer, so that's why it might not be up to more serious standards. Are those the most limiting factors in running pc games? And if so, would these specs be sufficient for the enb at least?
  • db1331 - September 11, 2013 5:19 a.m.

Your video card might hold you back a little bit, but just try it out. That's not a bad setup at all, though.
  • CitizenWolfie - September 10, 2013 8:12 a.m.

I think I come under Retro Hipster, Truth Telling Elitist Snob. I used to be a gun jumper too but I tend to make up my mind these days at about the halfway point between console announce and release (usually depending on the exclusives).
  • Shinn - September 10, 2013 5:51 a.m.

Techno babbling richie rich gun jumper here.
  • pl4y4h - September 10, 2013 5:25 a.m.

As I was reading the retro-hipster slide all i could think of was Egoraptor
  • taokaka - September 10, 2013 2:05 a.m.

I fit mostly into the truth telling, exclusive snob categories. I don't care about the teraflops and the XBOne's 8GB of ram exclusively for playing dance dance revolution 3, all I know is the PS4 will have a new infamous and that makes me happy, very happy.
  • tom-davis - September 9, 2013 11:37 p.m.

I'm gonna be a Richie rich when I sell the PS4 I pre ordered during the Xmas rush on eBay. Keeping the Xbox One at launch, then saving up for 2014 to get a PS4 with infamous in Feb/March.
  • shawksta - September 9, 2013 10:18 p.m.

This was freaking fantastic article. Truth be told, the 3DS was the only thing in my life i bought at launch. Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was literally the only reason i went for 360 instead of PS3. "Technical limitations in the past forced developers to make up for lack of whiz-bang production with solid gameplay and creative designs." Yup, pretty much and especially now the 360 and PS3 has some games that are trying before next gen, like God of War Ascension and GTA V and technically Nintendo in general. Dont remind me about the "Truth Teller", Wottergate was too much, too many casualties