We Recommend

• random0midget - October 1, 2009 7:55 p.m.

so the advert for gears of war is up its own ass, the gameplay and storyline by far make up for it, and GOW1 doesnt have great multiplayer, but the sequel is outstanding
  • Daedazrael - October 1, 2009 7:55 p.m.

Wow, this article was just full of vitriol. According to this every video game ad should be some form of Powerthirst. I don't know, maybe I just like my commercials to feel less like commercials. Besides, I'm pretty sure the ODST ad is the first time Welsh has been used in an advertisement for a major media property. That's got to be worth something, right?
  • oryandymackie - October 1, 2009 7:11 p.m.

i don't like Halo 3, or Halo ODST. But I did like the ODST advert. But I had to switch off the GOW2 advert. COLE TRAIN? Watching a FLOWER? Through a SNIPER SCOPE?
  • Cyberninja4 - October 1, 2009 7:09 p.m.

i did like gears of war advert but the song choice was bad
  • DirkSteele1 - October 1, 2009 6:57 p.m.

Consolevania....That was genius. I am still laughing. And pretty much my experience on XBOX Live 50% of the time as well.
  • Xplosive59 - October 1, 2009 6:51 p.m.

Why is the Halo franchise not only milking itself now but putting god damn emotional commercials which look like they should be advertising movies instead. yes its agood game we get it, but thats all it is a game
  • HaloKing - October 1, 2009 6:46 p.m.

I loved Gears 1 ad Makes me wana play it!!! Also the halo one was pretty cool.
  • oryandymackie - October 1, 2009 6:18 p.m.

But didn't you say that Gears Of War's ad music made a nice change from "guitar laden heavy metal"??
  • Conman93 - October 1, 2009 6:13 p.m.

I thought the gears of war 1 ad was pretty cool. Love that song
  • Ulukai - October 1, 2009 5:20 p.m.

As soon as i saw the title to this article i just knew Halo and Gears of War would be featured. Those ads make me cringe everytime their on.
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - October 1, 2009 5:09 p.m.

I wait for the day when game ads are dignified and not omgz this game is awesmoe and stuff!!